.308 Single Shot

Hello,

I am a newbie here and I have recently acquired a .308 Saiga with the 16 inch and change barrel. I took it out to the NRA Range here in VA one night and it would only do single shots, the next round would chamber, but the trigger felt like it hadn't reset and the next thing you know it wouldn't fire. So, I'd pull the bolt back, the full round would extract, I'd let the bolt slide forward thereby chambering the next round, and it would fire ok.

Any suggestions?

sounds to me like maybe one of the spring arms is not resetting properly. I had that problem after putting in new triger parts on my .223 Just had to bend the spring back into shape a bit.

hope thats your problem, its an easy fix.

sounds to me like maybe one of the spring arms is not resetting properly. I had that problem after putting in new triger parts on my .223 Just had to bend the spring back into shape a bit.

hope thats your problem, its an easy fix.

Ranger,

Thanks! It's going to be a couple of weeks before I have the time to tear into it, but I will post back!