Price check - Used 20.5" 7.62 unconverted, (2) 10rd (3) 30rd

Like the topic says, I stumbled across this guy when I was looking to set up a transfer from Classic Arms. I haven't seen the rifle yet but I've been wanting a 20 inch for loooong time to set up as a DMR.

If I remember correctly, there are accuracy concerns with the 20 inch EAA rifles, I'm not sure whether this is that old or not. I'm gonna go see it in an hour, If it looks good is $280 a solid deal For the rifle, and 5 mags?

I've actually started to see some dealers sell in the $399 area, seems like the general price has gone up a bit recently....

Yeah, seems folks are getting nervous about the presidential election. One reason I just bought a Saiga! :smoke:

Local, it was $295 out the door. I'll try to remember to post some pictures when the girl comes back with my camera. Not sure what I'll do with the modded 30 rounders. Sure as hell this thing wasn't 922r compliant when he pulled it off the shelf with the mag locked in.

Could keep them if you plan on adding all the right parts.. or sell them.

Well I still don't have my camera back and I don't think this will fit in the scanner. <_<

The rifle is a Kalashnikov USA Import, I'm assuming that means it's pre-EAA? It came with 3 what look to be modded Russian 30 rounders, but despite that I don't think this has been shot much, as stiff as everything was I don't even think it had ever been stripped, let alone cleaned. (bore looks unfired, though I know that can't be the case)

I'm gonna get out to the range saturday and make sure it shoots straight.

Then, surgery. PG, Fixed stock, flash suppressor, piston, FCG and glass of some sort should make this a pretty sweet DMR-ish setup.

I'm looking to use primarly glass when shooting, would a fixed Ace stock with the cheek riser be my best bet? Or, should I save my tang for a potential later marriage with a standard AK stock?

I've been thinking of getting the base gun for less though....that 280 seems like a good price.

But I also just found this tonight. Are these a good price? I'm considering getting a Saiga in 7.62 already converted too (less hassle).

Probably will end up a safe queen though since I like my S12 the most. But I like the company quality.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Russian...2x39_Rifle.html

They also have Bulgarians for same price. Hmmm....and they have dimples with the standard hand guards.

Thoughts?

Edited by whatmanual