Just got paid

just got back from the bank and i have some money i want to buy something for my Saiga 20..

im about to go shoot skeet and trap with it for the first time and maybe that will help me decide

basically i've been thinking about (in no particular order)

- Cobra (Kobra) Model EKP-1S-03M $144.95 w/ mount - how is this for skeet shooting? although i'll mostly be doing coon hunting and rabbits and stuff... in low light - from http://www.freedomoptics.com

- Blackjack buffer - i guess i will be getting one of these (green) :)

- Muzzle Brake / compensator w/ sight - i dont really need anything like this on it but it'd look mean as hell :chris: (if you still got one of these)

i need some more suggestions, i dont need any mags at the moment but we'll see. because i was considering ordering some 3" 20ga buckshot and getting another 3" mag

well!?

thank you

edit: maybe i can get some pictures of it today, i hope

Edited by JesusCow
- Cobra (Kobra) Model EKP-1S-03M $144.95 w/ mount - how is this for skeet shooting? although i'll mostly be doing coon hunting and rabbits and stuff... in low light - from http://www.freedomoptics.com

I have already answered this question once before...

I would never pay $145 for a 1 generation scope that I paid $119 over a year ago for...

One more time, HERE is the thread you need to read if you are buying a Cobra sight...

(the place to get it is posted there too...)

As for shooting skeet & trap with Cobra - the frame around the lens is thick, which is good for combat where the target is rather large, but makes it difficult to follow the flying *bird* - you loose the sight of it for a split second...

If you really want to shoot skeet and trap I would suggest this sight - the frame is thin and becomes almost invisible when you look at the target.

Panorama MK-III Electro Reticle Sight w/MR-02 Reticle - $199.99

hakko.gif

You would also need a moount for it - $39.95 (or you can get a different style (better looking) mounts from K-VAR - but the price will differ a lot!!!)

mount.gif

Both items can be found at CDNN Investments

Sight - http://www.cdnninvestments.com/panmkielrets.html

Mount - http://www.cdnninvestments.com/aksidrailmou1.html

:smoke:

Well the sight would be mainly for hunting at night. I've been out using it's "rifle sights" and one of these sights would be a great advantage.

Last weekend my friend and I were out hunting with his Mini-14 and my new Saiga 20. We saw a coon up in a tree and drove over to it. I shot at it and heard something moving around up in it but couldnt see through the branches and leaves. I shot twice more and in a few moments two raccoons fell out at the same time. I was mighty pleased because it's now got about 10-15 kills on it.

I also just got back from skeet shooting (75rnds) and it was a blast! I guess i'll just stick to the signts it has on it for skeet since it worked out well. Anywhere to by a shotgun style rail sight?

Since I'm hunting small game, from pretty close distance so I'm sure that one you're showing me would be great. I'll look into it and some others right now.

edit: well that one looks really sweet but I might want to save $150.. it's tempting

thanks

Edited by JesusCow
  • 2 weeks later...