I am about to purchase a Saiga 100S and next I want a Coach gun in ten gauge.

The russian Baikal Bounty Hunter II appeals tome as it is writtwen that it comes

in 10 gauge, a caliber I would use in camp and around my property.

However, I cannot find either the price nor anywhewre a listing for a dealer who

stocks the Baikal Coach gun in 10 guage.

I tried pricing them at Guns America, but my engine did not locate their website.

Anybody help me?

Please?

I will p/u the Coach gun as a birthday present in May of this year.

Thanks,

Griz

I got to handle a 10gauge coachgun at a gunshow once and wanted to take it home with me!Kinda heavy compared to my awesome Stoeger Coachgun but it's 10gauge and really would blast bunnies! :lol: I can just see the looks on the other guys faces when I would break that out!They about crapped their pants when they saw my S-12s!

Shit, do they even make 10 gauge shotshells anymore? :unsure:

Yepper and it will cost you $18 - $48 per 25 rounds to shoot htem. :)

Heh, will you have to get the barrels re-soldered together again every time you go to shoot it? :eek:

I mean, I'm sure most Russian quality is pretty good and all, but looking at how the barrels are joined together on my 12 gauge Bounty Hunter II ...:unsure:

I've been wanting a couple of 10GA doubles. I want to cut one down into a PG shottie. I already have a 12GA shorty double. THe 10 would be just that little bit extra louder with BP shells.

Remington carries some very nice 20" Coach Guns in 12 ga that are made in Russia.

Here's one I like a lot.

http://chuckfor.blogspot.com/2007/01/remin...n-hammered.html

You can get hammerless ones for less money, this particular one runs about $500 shipped.

I shot 3 inch mags and slugs out of my Stoeger 12 gauge coachgun and you have to hold on for dear life!The forearm usually recoil right out of my left hand and rolls onto my shoulder!That equals ouch!Had fun with reduced recoil slugs though,kinda like a double rifle then,a BIG double rifle B) I bet a 10 is only going to be shot a little,unless you reload some tamer shells....

I am such a whore!! I champion Russian SxS shoptguns and what happens when a well built

TTN sidles up to me. I am like Jif Peanut Butter with my money, easy to spread around,,,,

So after talking about a 10 gauge Baikal I was advised they may be 'out of country' as I and

my buddy the gun dealer could NOT find them in our respective searches. I was about to settle

for a Stoeger or a Norinco 12 gauge when I saw a photo of a TNN SxS based on the 1878 Colt.

I was filled with a lust unknown for a man of 62 years. [i love the smell of Hoppes #9 in the

morning], drove out to where the guy at the gun shops said he had one and when I arrived

74 minutes later it was love at first sight!.

No regrets. great lines, some of the finest wood I've seen, tight grained and wonderfully finished

It looked hand rubbed and not dipped in shellac, solidly built with a heft which impressed me.

Can I fire sabot slugs through this little gem?

Griz :devil::devil:

I am such a whore!! I champion Russian SxS shoptguns and what happens when a well built

TTN sidles up to me. I am like Jif Peanut Butter with my money, easy to spread around,,,,

So after talking about a 10 gauge Baikal I was advised they may be 'out of country' as I and

my buddy the gun dealer could NOT find them in our respective searches. I was about to settle

for a Stoeger or a Norinco 12 gauge when I saw a photo of a TNN SxS based on the 1878 Colt.

I was filled with a lust unknown for a man of 62 years. [i love the smell of Hoppes #9 in the

morning], drove out to where the guy at the gun shops said he had one and when I arrived

74 minutes later it was love at first sight!.

No regrets. great lines, some of the finest wood I've seen, tight grained and wonderfully finished

It looked hand rubbed and not dipped in shellac, solidly built with a heft which impressed me.

Can I fire sabot slugs through this little gem?

Griz :devil::devil:

You slut! :lolol: That is a fine looking little double, wouldn't mind having one of those myself. To your question, Sabot Slugs are designed for rifled barrels. Your barrels would not be rifled so I would stick with Foster, Brenneke, Buckhammer, or Trophy type slugs. KO is a good cheap one. Enjoy your new wood! :eek:

"The use of slugs is best confined to single barrel shotguns, either single shot or repeaters. Double guns tend to crossfire with slugs due to the regulation of the barrels."

http://www.chuckhawks.com/shotgun_slugs.htm

Edited by 1911
PIS OR LIES Griz!

Do not understand Acronym. PIS = Piss [well I do have a real problem with incontinence

and deal with it daily. DEPENDS on the solution.

LIES = Mommy told me never to lie and Daddy said that if

I didn't ever Lie I did not need a good memory and therefore the third grade was the best

six years of my life.

Which reminds me that I first met Ms. Saiga in 2006 and we started dating it was---

POW! BAM! SLAPP! BONK!!

( Griz was hit in the head repeatedly with a 12 pound carp until unconcious -ed. )

Edited by Griz

LOL Griz...oops I'm a terrible typer.

Show us that sweetie! I almost had a Remington coach gun recently but missed the deal on it. I'm gonna have one of those sometime. Always thought they were cool.

Oh wow... :wub:

That's beautiful man.

I put EXTRA long forcing cones in it to reduce the recoil.

Wanna shoot it with HEAVY buck? :devil: Right trigger first??? :devil: :devil: Bring a doctor.

I only shoot target loads or black powder out of it. Anything heavier and you risk smashing your wrist.

6 dram BP blanks w/a Cream 'O Wheat filler and a heavy newspaper wad on top are just beautiful at night! Can you say HuF'ingMONGOUS FIREBALL, shooting sparks and an truly horrific BOOOOOM!?????

• 3 weeks later...
Oh wow... :wub:

That's beautiful man.

I put EXTRA long forcing cones in it to reduce the recoil.

Wanna shoot it with HEAVY buck? :devil: Right trigger first??? :devil: :devil: Bring a doctor.

I only shoot target loads or black powder out of it. Anything heavier and you risk smashing your wrist.

6 dram BP blanks w/a Cream 'O Wheat filler and a heavy newspaper wad on top are just beautiful at night! Can you say HuF'ingMONGOUS FIREBALL, shooting sparks and an truly horrific BOOOOOM!?????

I've shot some of the short SBS/AOW shotguns w/ heavy loads (Max dram 3") and while they were stout, I didn't feel the need for medical care. How do you shoot it? I've found from the hip w/ the shooting arm tucked in tight to my side and/ the off hand across the top of the barrels to control it works best. (This has the side offect of feeling the barrel heat up as the round go off. It's a strange feeling as you feel the heat travelling down the barrell. ) It takes some practice, but you can get fairly good at close range.

Tony made a pretty cool Baikal Over/under SBS a couple of years ago.

5162OUSBS.jpg

I've always wanted something like that. It's too bad I live in a state where civilians can't have MG, SBS, or cans. It's good that I work part time for a C3 and get the chance to play w/ them occasionally, but that makes me want them more.

• 5 weeks later...