why no underfolders?

You mean from Russia? The underfolder hasn't been issued in years. They switched to the sidefolders with the 74. Or from US convertors? It requires removing the rear trunion and drilling the pivot holes. The stock also costs $100 or so used so it is not high on the cheap to ergonomic ratio. That being said it can be done. There's a couple threads in the shotgun forums where folks have installed them.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like installing an underfolder would be easier than a side folder. The rear trunnion doesnt have the weird angle and looks like it'd fit flush without cutting a chunk off the rear receiver(not a big deal but still one less step)

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=96430303

Thats $60 for the rear trunnion. The stock with all the mounting hardware is $90 on K-var. $150 is a lot cheaper than a sidefolder. Only pain would be cutting those huge holes in the sides. Guessing no one would have the perfect size hole saw so that'd mean a lot of filing or dremeling for me. :)

Looks like installing an underfolder would be easier than a side folder. The rear trunnion doesnt have the weird angle and looks like it'd fit flush without cutting a chunk off the rear receiver(not a big deal but still one less step)

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=96430303

Thats $60 for the rear trunnion. The stock with all the mounting hardware is $90 on K-var. $150 is a lot cheaper than a sidefolder. Only pain would be cutting those huge holes in the sides. Guessing no one would have the perfect size hole saw so that'd mean a lot of filing or dremeling for me. :)

You have to make 8 holes in your receiver to properly install that underfolder trunnion.

Only 3 cuts (two weird shaped holes and some end milling) are needed to install a side folder trunnion (if you insist on having a Russian style triangle one).

Scoutjoe, how is that underfolder does it clear the scopemount on the left side of the reciver? Also will the underfolder clear the 30 round mag when folding without having to remove the mag? If not is there any room to remove some metal so it will? I have the same idea to put an underfolder on my saiga 223 with AR 15 mag. Also Can you post a pic of the stock folded.