20 Rd Drum FAQs

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, Corbra has tested them extensively. They're very effective. This door hasn't budged an inch!  

I figured it may be appropriate to post this here too for anyone stumbling around looking for the owner's manual.           The pics above are much larger when clicked on to enlarge, bu

As I was dumping 12 rounds at a time down range, I just kept thinking "wish I had 8 more rounds between mag swaps" GRANTED

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone know where I can get a new spring for my MD 20 Drum?

Tried the pro mag 20 round drum.

Works good for two rounds, then FTE every time.

Works flawlessly with my stick mags, no FTE's.

Will be getting the MD-20.

I would back the spring off a half turn. I think your spring is wound too tight that friction is causing your issue. And be careful when you do it.

Edited by topmaul
  • 2 weeks later...

The "only" wear is that half the tabs broke? You say that as if No big deal. I'd be mad. When you use it for another year, will it be held together with pipe glue?

I'm glad I spent the extra $10 for an MD 20

• Like 1

That extra $10 goes into a seemingly better design + availability of spare parts (so far no source for spare promag 12-20 covers), and I wasn't aware of MD 3 years ago, but I hope it lasts the test of time for you.

Half my tabs cracked but they're still there holding on strong & I don't forsee them failing soon. I wouldn't consider it broken by any means, and if it does break then I'll pull out a roll of duct tape or use your advice deadhorse.gif

You get what you pay for, that much is true.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Will leaving a 20rnd drum loaded for an extended time weaken the spring? The Beta C-Mags can be left loaded with no problems, are the ones for a Saiga 12 the same?

Thanks

There is nothing wrong with holding a spring under load over time. The thing that ages springs is cycles of tension/compression. Also, get a spare spring for $8 shipped at the MD Arms website. I did. Now I don't have to worry.

• 3 months later...

Lovin my MD arms 20 rounder took a little bit of time to make it fit but it is worth it and the book had step by step on how to do it and do it right.

0425131331_zpsf108418b.jpg

DSCN0644_zpsc58050ea.jpg

i had a thought for anyone who makes these. What about 2 of these side by side? kind of like the Ar-15's BETA mags. that would be 40 rounds of 12 gauge! unsure how to make it work. but just a thought!

Thanks MD arms for a great product and fast shipping well worth the 136 shiped!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

who was the guy on here that modified his 20 round promag drum with different clips and what not. I want to do that to mine.

Two members, one was Matthew Hopkins. If you contact him I bet he will know the member whom he based his design off of.

Edited: It wasn't a promag, it was an MD20.

Edited by HighPlainsDrifter

damn it. So it was a md drum he modified then? Promag drums are easily available than the md or i would have bought one. but after hearing all the crap about them I'm hesitant to use mine regularly.

It fit perfect and snug too.

I know most people prefer the MD20 over the Promag but at 49.99 for the Promag I couldn't resist. I bought 3

Where'd you find them for that price? I'd have bought 10 and sold 8.

• 8 months later...

^^. This has been discussed in the past and I believe the general consensus was that it should not be attempted. That is what I remember but hell, if you have the creative abilities and you want to try it, go for it and let us know how it works.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Don't know if anyone can help me, but I sure hope so! I got an MD 20 drum for my S12 years ago, and it got lost in packing and moving. Just found it again and was looking at using it, but the dummy round is gone. Do I need the dummy round for it to work, or is it functional without it? If it needs it, any idea where I could get a replacement or an alternate idea as to something else I could use to  suit the purpose?

Thanks!  Gary Thomas   gthomas10@neo.rr.com

• 1 year later...