Red Star Trigger Group vs Tapco G2

I have a G2 in my S12 and a RSA fcg in my S308. The G2 needed to have the hammer face ground down, to clear the hammer stop on the receiver to fit. I've noticed some trigger slap (which is also easily fixed) on the G2, with the propper mods and some polishing it is a fantastic Trigger group.

My RSA was a no hassle drop in FCG. It is adjustable by set screws and it took a little shooting to get her dialed in. I also polished the metal to metal contact areas on the RSA. The feel of the trigger is a such an improvement on the 308 compared to the stock one. The trigger is set up to break with little play and trigger rebound is set to just after break. Very easy for follow up shots.

Either way you going to be happy with either choice, the RSA is more expensive and I think I got what I payed for in adjustability and ease of installing.

It depends on what you want, they are both good triggers. It's funny how everyone has different experiences, I don't think either of these triggers are truly drop in, they both may need a few alterations.

I prefer the feel of the RSA over the G2, but I find it to be more of a pain in the ass do get dialed in. I also think its more consistent than the G2. I notice on my .223 with the G2 that it doesn't seem to get the same sear engagement with every pull of the trigger resulting in sometimes more, sometimes less creep before it breaks. I also like the straighter trigger on the RSA as compared to the hook on the G2, it just feels better on my finger.

All of that said, at a third of the price of the RSA, the G2 is one hell of a contender. I don't think you will be disappointed in the G2, and if you decide that you want to try the RSA down the road, you really aren't out very much money. Plus you can just set the G2 aside and then have it ready on the quick for your next conversion.