Picked up my Mossy 9200A1 yesterday, thing is pretty darn sweet!!! Heavier than I expected. This is the milspec version of the 9200, with a heavy barrel and metal trigger guard and safety. Also the gas system is a little different than the standard 9200's. Supposedly made for/used by/maketed to/whatever, DEA and the likes in South America huntin down down drug cartels. Pretty cool little beast, just a basic autoloading shotgun, but a little beefier.

post-635-1205066484_thumb.jpg

post-635-1205066496_thumb.jpg

post-635-1205066514_thumb.jpg

So is this a replacement for the 590A1? I thought the marines were going with the benelli m104

No, its just another milspec (A1) Mossy. Marines went with M1014 in 2001. M9200a1 was out around the 90's. Supposedly to support anti-narcotics operations in S.America in the 80's, 90's or suttin like that.

So is this a replacement for the 590A1? I thought the marines were going with the benelli m104

No, its just another milspec (A1) Mossy. Marines went with M1014 in 2001. M9200a1 was out around the 90's. Supposedly to support anti-narcotics operations in S.America in the 80's, 90's or suttin like that.

I had one for years. It ran pretty well on heavy loads, I had to keep the gas rings and magazine tube squeaky clean for it to cycle with light loads. There's a mossberg collectors assoc. that has a link on their site to a guy who has replacement parts for the 9200a1's, he also sells magazine extension tubes, and folding stocks. I had mine set up with a 8 shot extension, choate pistol grip folder, and I added a rail underneath the OEM handguard, and then bought a spare handguard in case the one with the rail broke. I sold the jungle gun for the $ to buy my first s12 believe it or not. I found the site for the parts..

http://www.havlinsales.com/

Have fun with it, it's a great shotgun, very sturdy.

I had one for years. It ran pretty well on heavy loads, I had to keep the gas rings and magazine tube squeaky clean for it to cycle with light loads. There's a mossberg collectors assoc. that has a link on their site to a guy who has replacement parts for the 9200a1's, he also sells magazine extension tubes, and folding stocks. I had mine set up with a 8 shot extension, choate pistol grip folder, and I added a rail underneath the OEM handguard, and then bought a spare handguard in case the one with the rail broke. I sold the jungle gun for the $ to buy my first s12 believe it or not. I found the site for the parts..

http://www.havlinsales.com/

Have fun with it, it's a great shotgun, very sturdy.

Yeah, I have a few Mossy's, I'm always on that Havlinsales site, sometimes they have some real good deals. Did you like your folder?

I have been debating on it tricking it out or leaving it mostly OEM. I already tried mating up a M500 stock and it seemed almost doable, with some mods to the stock. I am toying with trying to mod a Mesa low tube adapter to fit it with an Ar-15A1 stock. Probably do a mag extension, and maybe ghost rings, or may just leave as is, see how it feels when I shoot.

I'm expecting recoil to be pretty mild, its a pretty heavy auto, so I hope its a good shooter.

Yeah, I really liked the folding stock, very compact and being Choate it was pretty solid. The felt recoil isn't any worse than an s12, maybe a little better. The reason I sold it was to fund my first s12 purchase. I would've kept it and saved the $ up instead, but I shoot mostly cheap 100 round value packs, and I just had to clean it too much to keep it cycling those. You really have to have the magazine tube clean and well oiled before it will cycle light loads. That was my only complaint about the gun, otherwise it was built like a tank. It was designed around a specific mil-spec 2 3/4 .00 buck load, and was only meant to fire that round regularly. From what I read when I bought the gun the " millitary torture test" as they called it, was that the shotgun had to fire 5,000 rounds of that particular .00 buck round with no FTF, FTE, or any breaks or stoppages, and the tolerance on the internal moving parts had to be within a certian limit, as in very little or no worse for the wear. Supposedly at the time (early to mid 90's) the jungle gun was the only competitor that could pass the test.

• 3 months later...
Picked up my Mossy 9200A1 yesterday, thing is pretty darn sweet!!! Heavier than I expected. This is the milspec version of the 9200, with a heavy barrel and metal trigger guard and safety. Also the gas system is a little different than the standard 9200's. Supposedly made for/used by/maketed to/whatever, DEA and the likes in South America huntin down down drug cartels. Pretty cool little beast, just a basic autoloading shotgun, but a little beefier.

A+,Love it.

post-7628-1215749660_thumb.jpg

post-7628-1215749686_thumb.jpg

post-7628-1215749704_thumb.jpg

A+,Love it.

Right on man!!!

• 1 year later...

I don't know much about these, but I thought I would be kind and point out that there is one selling for $475.00 currently on GB and the only other one on there is starting at $1299.00 so............ If you invest heavily in guns it might be worth the investment!

I don't know much about these, but I thought I would be kind and point out that there is one selling for $475.00 currently on GB and the only other one on there is starting at $1299.00 so............ If you invest heavily in guns it might be worth the investment!

they aren't made anymore, thats why you don't hear about them.