Please Read!! Drum Update!

This is a copy of the update email I just sent out to everyone that has placed an order with me...

To all customers,

Please read the entire content of this email! If you don't you will likely miss your answers!

First let me apologize again for any unanswered emails. I have been completely overhauled with questions lately. I have been receiving around 50 emails a day. I was behind before and me catching up is not in sight right now. I really hate this as I have tried to pride myself in responding to every email I receive in a timely manner. But time and demand just isn't allowing that right now. As much as I hate it doesn't change the fact though that I am completely overwhelmed with emails from people who have ordered, people who want to order, and those that just have questions.

If anybody feels it has been too long and are not willing to wait any longer can cancel their order at any time and receive a full refund, no questions asked. If this is what you want to do send me an email WITH A SUBJECT TITLE OF " Cancel Order" or something to that effect. If you don't put that as a subject title it is very likely I will not get the email in a timely manner. Like I was stating above... I currently have HUNDREDS of emails in my box. I will scan through the SUBJECT TITLES for emails about cancelling orders. If you want to cancel your order DO NOT reply to this email without at least changing the subject title and expect me to find it anytime soon. Please read the rest of this email before deciding to cancel your order. If you do cancel your order you will not have a chance to order off the first production run again and the price of the drums are now $215, not the discounted price of $165 on your current order. I just want to make that clear.

As most of you know I received a few drums off of the molds to test for mold accuracy and function. I sent a good number of these out for others to independently test. I have run thousands of rounds through some as well. The results are great and response from those testing have been great as well.

I am still not sure of when I will be shipping. There are some very slight adjustments being made to the molds. I know that my receiving units from the molds have caused some confusion that I am starting to ship or that the production run has been started or completed. This is not true. I haven't started the production drums yet. I just need for these minor adjustments to be completed. By making these adjustments will make for a over all better product that you the customer will benefit from. Yes, I probably could have kept them as is but I want this drum to be the best it can possibly be on the first production run. You can rest assured that my drum isn't some rushed to market piece of trash like the Wraithmaker. My drum works in unmodified guns and all the BS excuses Wraithmaker has been making will soon be in the light for the total crap they are. There is no need to mod your gun (for $180 extra) like you have to with the Wraithmaker.

I do understand the great desire from people to receive the drums. I remember what it was like waiting for my order of AGP mags to ship and it was a very hard and tortorus wait. But it was well worth it when I did receive them and the drum will be no different. Well, there will be a difference. The first AGP mags was selling for $60 each and soon after shipping began the price of them dropped by about $20 each. The first drums will be shipping for $165 each and the price of future drums has already been changed to $215. That is $50 MORE each. If you can please just be patient a little while longer, you will receive your drums soon. I will continue to give updates on the progress. Hopefully you can see that shipping is drawing very near and that the test drums I received from the molds are a testament to that.

I know there are some of you that I haven't collect the final payment from yet and that are wanting to pay it. I just want to assure you that despite me not getting back to you yet on the final payment, I will with sufficient time to make sure your order isn't held when shipping begins.

Again I apologize for the lack of email response. If you would like to read some of the reviews given by the drum testers or pics they have posted you can find them at www.forum.saiga-12.com. I also have posted some pics of the mold's test drums there myself. I know I have sent the link to this site before but want to express again that anybody that has ordered my drum or that owns a saiga should not be a stranger there. It is a wealth of information and one of the best places to stay up to date of my projects.

Thanks again for your patients, we are almost there,

MikeD

Mike,

I just read the e-mail you sent!!!

Thanks for the update on your product. Many might be in a rush

to get your product(I am),yet do all the R&D that you need,to

offer a first class product. Most of us know that is what you

are going to be shipping, we know the wait will be worth it.

Just a few of my words,might mean nothing to most,but want a

first rate product,from a first rate seller!!

Keep up the great work.

CnRnut

Yeah, I would rather wait a bit longer and get something that I will be happy with than you rush production and find flaws in it that bug me.

It is now a undeniable fact that you do have a drum so take your time and tweak it as it needs to be tweaked :up:

I have a question.

If any orders do get canceled can the folks that have already ordered and paid get first dibs at those drums? If so, will we get them at the $165 price or the new $215 price?

I've already ordered and paid for two drums and I'd probably be interested in a third.

Having tested the sample drums with Mike, if people do cancel, its their loss.

In fact, I've had 2 reserved since the beginning @165. If people do cancel, let the record show here that I'll double my order to 4 drums (@165 if possible or allowed).

Yes, they will be that good.

Have patience folks. Have respect for his time -and his decisions if he doesn't approve for the cancelled orders to go to the waiting list at that price. His call.

~Steve

Just curious, but can you give a rough estimation of when you think they will start shipping? I know nothing is absolute. I have not sent any emails and have no plans to cancel I just am curious whether more adjustments to molds is something that will run the course of weeks or months to get right. Once again I am not complaining and am very excited about getting a drum. I ordered mine back in August I think.

Just curious, but can you give a rough estimation of when you think they will start shipping?

From Mike's original post at the beginning of this thread:

" I am still not sure of when I will be shipping."

Just curious, but can you give a rough estimation of when you think they will start shipping?

From Mike's original post at the beginning of this thread:

" I am still not sure of when I will be shipping."

That's why I said rough estimate. Meaning while you aren't for sure if everything goes right then maybe at such and such time. Plus I just want to know whether to expect several months or weeks which should be fairly easy to estimate.

Edited by SaigaFodder

Just a thought. The whole purpose of selling pre-selling drums with discount and deposit was to raise money to have molds made and get the production process started. Starting last August many of usl took a chance and said "We believe in you Mike.". That time is over, they are now a reality and your faith has been rewarded. I can't see selling discounted drums at this point simply because they are from the first run. The original reason for doing so is way past gone not to mention the fact that Mike has already indicated that he has agreements with distributors to NOT sell at discount. These distributors took a chance and ordered drums as well expecting to make a profit. If we take the profit out of Saiga accessories and conversions we kill the goose that laid the golden egg IMHO.

Just a thought. The whole purpose of selling pre-selling drums with discount and deposit was to raise money to have molds made and get the production process started. Starting last August many of usl took a chance and said "We believe in you Mike.". That time is over, they are now a reality and your faith has been rewarded. I can't see selling discounted drums at this point simply because they are from the first run. The original reason for doing so is way past gone not to mention the fact that Mike has already indicated that he has agreements with distributors to NOT sell at discount. These distributors took a chance and ordered drums as well expecting to make a profit. If we take the profit out of Saiga accessories and conversions we kill the goose that laid the golden egg IMHO.

All good points, however we're talking about drums from the initial run of 1000, not orders placed after that or drums that were promised to distributors.

I look at it this way. I've paid in full already, I don't really mind that I've paid in full and don't know a shipping date simply because so many people have received samples and I know the drum is about to be mass produced.

For now we'll just have to wait and see what Mike has to say.

Having tested the sample drums with Mike, if people do cancel, its their loss.

In fact, I've had 2 reserved since the beginning @165. If people do cancel, let the record show here that I'll double my order to 4 drums (@165 if possible or allowed).

Yes, they will be that good.

Have patience folks. Have respect for his time -and his decisions if he doesn't approve for the cancelled orders to go to the waiting list at that price. His call.

~Steve

I have already stated that I will buy out anyone else's pre-order, and I will restate that in case any doubters missed it.

Any way we can get a waiting list to get one? I'm sure I'm not the only one willing to pay now and get it later.

No need for a waiting llist. The first batch of 1,000 was pre-sold and the molds are in the final stages of change following the testing that you have been reading about so that the product will be PERFECT. Once the first batch is shipped the next should be able to be made in very short order as the molds and process will have been perfected. It is then just a matter of doing injections & assembly. That is the beauty of this design as opposed to a machined design. All work is done up front and then he can just roll them out. You will be able to purchase all you want shortly. Then it is a matter of seeing how stupid the American people are in November. Least wise that's my take on it and worth what it cost you. :)

Any way we can get a waiting list to get one? I'm sure I'm not the only one willing to pay now and get it later.

No need for a waiting llist. The first batch of 1,000 was pre-sold and the molds are in the final stages of change following the testing that you have been reading about so that the product will be PERFECT. Once the first batch is shipped the next should be able to be made in very short order as the molds and process will have been perfected. It is then just a matter of doing injections & assembly. That is the beauty of this design as opposed to a machined design. All work is done up front and then he can just roll them out. You will be able to purchase all you want shortly. Then it is a matter of seeing how stupid the American people are in November. Least wise that's my take on it and worth what it cost you. :)

Remember when C-MAGs were $800 a few years back :cryss:

Edited by Gixser

Mike, thank you very much for the email, I just ordered 2 drums! I really appreciate being notified.

Personally, I am happy to wait for a product that is tested and well thought out as yours is. When it comes to firearms and related goodies there is nothing more miserable than going to the range with a new toy and having one malfunction after another.

Thanks again for doing business the right way!