New Guy Question

Hello all,

Love the forum. Lot's of great pics giving ideas of what to build. I'd like to know if anyone on this site knows the overall lengths of the AK's, and Saiga's receivers. Are they all the same? I'm guessing the 308 is longer than the 762Russian receivers. The reason I ask is I've seen websites selling AK topcovers with rear sites installed. I would like that option on an S308 but have only seen these for standard length AK receivers. Any help for a Newb would be appreciated.

P.S. I used the search feature on here to see if this had already been covered by someone and didn't find anything.

The top covers are interchangeable between my s308 and my romy wasr10. Ive also seen many saigas with the top cover sight on them, just remember it may interfere with various scope mounts if thats an option- anywho, hope that helps

Hello all,

Love the forum. Lot's of great pics giving ideas of what to build. I'd like to know if anyone on this site knows the overall lengths of the AK's, and Saiga's receivers. Are they all the same? I'm guessing the 308 is longer than the 762Russian receivers. The reason I ask is I've seen websites selling AK topcovers with rear sites installed. I would like that option on an S308 but have only seen these for standard length AK receivers. Any help for a Newb would be appreciated.

P.S. I used the search feature on here to see if this had already been covered by someone and didn't find anything.