What do you guys think of my SPO1 built for Open Class? Major 9 with a 172 PF. No S_I guns for me and with my Saiga and AR makes a nice multi gun setup.

Sweet pistol.

I have the older brothers, the CZ52 and CZ82 and really enjoy them. I have not bothered with many add ons except the 52 has an extended BHO release lever.

I love my CZs. Got a collection going. The 75SA is good base to start a race gun on if you want to save money. They can group just over 1/2" at 7 yards off hand if you do your job right. I stay away from all the .40s though, I had feed issues from them in the past. It is best to stay with the original caliber that a gun was originally designed for to get maximum reliability.

What do you guys think of my SPO1 built for Open Class? Major 9 with a 172 PF. No S_I guns for me and with my Saiga and AR makes a nice multi gun setup.

Nice. I just got fiber optics on my CZ-75B SA and blue anodized grips. I had to order the blue grips from the Czech Republic, seems CZ won't import them, just the silver ones you have make it into the US.

i had a cz52....my first C&R purchase.....honestly, it did nothing for me....loud as hell, no DA, and the it had a pin tha thad a habit of floating out while shooting....not cool.....traded it towards my s-308.

i now have a cz-82.....like that much much better

want a CZ 7.62x39 bolt action.....and a CZ75 duo tone 40.

me i have a cz-40b, cz-52, and a cz-75d compact

i am HUGE fan of CZ...bit the vz-58 dose not take ak mags and the price is a little more than i want to spend so hence why i am on this board!

how ever i do want one of the 7,62x39 carbines they make (wonder how much moding it would take to make it use AK mags :devil: )

oh and i plan to get a cz-82 soon as centerfire gets them in

Edited by broadkil

i am HUGE fan of CZ...bit the vz-58 dose not take ak mags and the price is a little more than i want to spend so hence why i am on this board!

how ever i do want one of the 7,62x39 carbines they make (wonder how much moding it would take to make it use AK mags :devil: )

Well, I guess as AK mags are cheap you can throw a few away. My guess is it will take a lot of moding. While my homeland was a part of the Warsaw Pact it never did enjoy it and did things its own way as much as possible. That is why they never adopted the AK or SKS as a small arm, preferred to their own thing. IF you have the time and mags to burn go for it, but I would not count on it if SHTF.

What do you guys think of my SPO1 built for Open Class? Major 9 with a 172 PF.

almost looks like a Tanfoglio LC with those mods. :)

and if you were going to mod the shit out of it, why not get a CZ75 TS?

CZ is the original!!! Tanfoglio makes a good gun, but they are built on the large frame! The TS is also built on a large frame. My original choice was the CZ 75 Champion, but they do not plan on importing them in 9 mm anymore and 40 cal is not right for open in this size frame. The CTS built for open by Angus Hobdell would be nice, but is over $2400. By this being a 75 then parts and mags are readily available and cheap. 26 round factory mags for $40 is great in my book. I am also shooting Major 9 in this gun by running a 115gr FMJ at 1480 fps at 600+ ft/lbs of energy! Not including gunsmith time then parts and gun are less than $1000. Try buying an S_I for that and see if it functions!

• 1 month later...
i like the Cz-52 i got. Just got a chance to shoot it today. I can't hit the broad side of a barn from inside it, but taht thing sure does bark with the 7.62x25

It will grow on you, just need practice. Might look at Makarov.com and CZ forum as they have parts and discuss things like doing a trigger job. I love my CZ-52, very accurate now that I opened up the rear sight notch a bit. Nice flat trajectory too. Only problem is driving to the next county to pick up the spent brass, it sure kicks empties far.

BTW, I own the following: CZ vz-52, CZ vz-70, CZ vz-82, CZ-83 (in 9x18 Makarov), CZ-75B SA, CZ-75 SP01 and a CZ-97B. All are great shooters and I would trust them with my life.

Edited by Saigaczech

Well, I guess as AK mags are cheap you can throw a few away. My guess is it will take a lot of moding. While my homeland was a part of the Warsaw Pact it never did enjoy it and did things its own way as much as possible. That is why they never adopted the AK or SKS as a small arm, preferred to their own thing. IF you have the time and mags to burn go for it, but I would not count on it if SHTF.

I have a 527, I think it would be next to impossible to mod one for AK mags. You would be better off rebarreling and modding a different action, like an Enfield. http://www.specialinterestarms.com/

As for the 527, I can't say enough good things about it. It's a 1MOA gun (with good ammo), there's cheap ammo available, it's a short action, free float bbl, adjustable set trigger, it's light, it looks good, you can take just about anyone to the range with it from a child to an old lady and not have to worry about the recoil, and it makes a good deer/brush gun.

I honestly think that for someone who doesn't want a huge collection or isn't into military weapons, that it is THE gun to own. For the rest of us it's still a great gun and they also make it in .223.

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up a third CZ-75 SP01 yesterday, only cost me $429 as it was "used". I doubt whoever had it put more then 100 rounds through it, was a good bargain for the price. The 18+1 capacity is nice too.

• 3 weeks later...

My Baby Eagle is a Tangfolio /IMI CZ copy which I like for its accuracy and dependability. The only objection I have is the Walther style slide safety which IMI added in place if the frame safety. I would have been happier with the ambidextrous frame safety which the earlier pistols have. I'm thinking of getting a CZ-82 which has a frame safety.