Nato vs Warsaw, Tapco vs K-Var

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I have a Tapco on the S12 and a kickeez grind to fit pad is in the mail. I am very satisfied with the Tapco- recoil limits my shooting though and that will be the same with all of these based on buttplate and surface area. The pad is 1 1/8" which will be about the same as the Nato length when it is done. I ordered the same stock for my x39 but don't think I will need a pad for this one. They are really not that expensive or hard to switch over - try getting both...

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread, but i bought a used S20 that has a nice KVAR NATO length stock on it. I'm short (5'7") and prefer the standard WARSAW length. I thought about cutting the KVAR down but it would be a shame to destroy such a nice stock! If anyone has a WARSAW and wants a NATO I'd be willing to trade! Otherwise I'll be posting the stock for sale in the classified section.

Edited by Arnisandyz

The kvar sock is considerably stronger.

Considerably Stronger? I own several K-Var stocks and two tapco units. I would like to see someone actually test the strength of both stocks. As of today, I have yet to see any tests like this done over the internet...done to my satisfaction that is. While I like the option of having a cleaning hit compartment, the Tapco units do have a weight advantage.

• Like 1

Considerably Stronger? I own several K-Var stocks and two tapco units. I would like to see someone actually test the strength of both stocks. As of today, I have yet to see any tests like this done over the internet...done to my satisfaction that is. While I like the option of having a cleaning hit compartment, the Tapco units do have a weight advantage.

I would say the K-Var unit is stronger by virtue of the more solid connection point at the receiver. I wonder if the Tapco stock would break when buttstroking someone.

I would say the K-Var unit is stronger by virtue of the more solid connection point at the receiver. I wonder if the Tapco stock would break when buttstroking someone.

I would doubt there is any significant difference. When it comes to hanguards, I would say tapco lacks heat shielding and should be avoided. When it comes to Magazines I would say tapco lacks the steel reinforcement and should be avoided. When it comes to their buttstock, I have found no reason to avoid them other than internet hear-say that is not fact based.

Further, I will assume that since no serious testing was done to compare the K-Var and Tapco buttstock products, anyone who talks about one's inate superiority to the other needs to reevaluate their comments.

Edited by bigsal
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I originally posted this in the saiga 12 section. Can someone here help me?

Is there a difference in the comb of the tapco AK47 stock and the K-Var AK74 stock when it is installed on the Sagia 12?

I have a tapco AK47 on my saiga 12 and have to press my cheek pretty hard on the stock to get a good sight picture after about 10 round of 00 buck or slugs my cheek gets sore.