New Saiga 12ga. coming from CDNN

Hi,

I'm a Saiga newbie and just ordered my first 12ga. today from CDNN. Ordered extra mag too. (May have to get more spare mags down the line.) I got a 19" model with threaded barrel. Can I put a brake on this puppy or is the threading for various choke options? Also, can I put a folding stock and/or pistol grip on this shotgun legally? If so, where can I get one? Told I was a newbie!

TIA

Makc,

Where can I get a muzzle device like the one you posted? What is cost? Is it a brake or a choke? Looks great.

I bought the kind that you said I should. I emailed you for your advice and I took it. I really appreciated your input. Can't wait to get it and try it out. I plan to get the buffer and buttpad noted in the "cut your recoil in half" thread too.

I'm somewhat familiar with the AK action as I own five AKs. I also own three Saiga .308 rifles. It will be interesting to see how similar or different the shotgun action is. I've heard great things about the Saiga shotguns. They seem to be a great value, especially in a semi-auto.

Ha-Ha!

I'm somewhat familiar with the AK action as I own five AKs. I also own three Saiga .308 rifles.

You should really put the word somewhat in quotation marks! Ha-Ha!

The action is "almost" the same - the bolt is a bit different, the rails are lower, and sure enough the trigger system (if it can actually be called a *system*) - the rest is the same!!! Oh, I should add - none removable gas tube...

I can guarantee you will love it!!!!

The muzzle breaks I will start carrying them in the shop soon... (I will start importing them from Russia along with other small parts)

:ph34r:

HAH! I saw this thread's title and was PISSED! I just received my S-12 and it sounded like there was a new model available that I had missed LOLOL.

Seriously though if it operates half as good as it looks we'll all be very happy. Makc is correct- those things are pretty heavily greased at the factory. First thing in the morning I'm breaking out the Hoppe's!

• 2 weeks later...

I like it! Can't wait to shoot it. Everything looks OK. However, I bought a second mag and will have to send it back to CDNN. It won't lock in like the mag that came with the shotgun. One snaps in and the other won't. You may think it is seated but if you tug on it, it comes out of the mag well. I'm going to get a slip-on buttpad extension from Wally world for it and put a buffer in it. Where do I get a buffer for this puppy? Also, it came with the 0.0 cylinder choke. Is this the equivalent to a full choke? (Sorry if this is a stupid ?) I read owner's manual but don't see offhand how to use adjustable sights. Any hints on how to use them? I really like the feel of the shotgun. Can't wait to shoot it. If this one works out, I plan to get the 22" model that comes with three chokes when CDNN gets them in stock again. They had them on sale for $229.

sks fan

Also, it came with the 0.0 cylinder choke. Is this the equivalent to a full choke?

Nope, it is actually on the other end.... 0.0 is no choke at all... (for shooting slugs)

Congrads! Let us know how the shooting goes!

PS. Do not forget to clean the cosmoline out of the firing pin before going to the range... :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...

This post is really old but I happened across it. Does anyone know if you can find these muzzel brakes anywhere? I just got an S12 and would like to add something like this but have not seen them for sale anywhere. I see the link in the post goes to EAA and nothing is listed there.

Does your Saiga 12 have a threaded muzzle already? If it does, you will be able to purchase one of these from this website, which is in the U.K., but you can order from them. Check out the latest entry in the "Hot News" section. They are expecting to have these in stock at the end of this month. Here's the link: Rusmilitary. To see the other Saiga accessories, go to the weapons section, then click on AK/SVD Accessories. AKATTACK