Stock extensions

Has anybody tried to install stock extensions to Saiga 12? Saiga's own stock is really short and I want to keep my spectacles in one piece..

Bushmaster's product seems to be quite useful but unfortunately they don't sell their products to Europe?

http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/ak/el-ak-2.asp

Also Tapco has an extension:

http://www.tapco.com/product_information.a...ept=185&last=13

Is there anything else I could try?

I have the same stock and my thoughts were to fill the butt end with a wood plug about 3/4" thick that would be epoxied in. That would provide a base to screw into. The problem I see using that stock is the curve, must add on pads need a flat surface. Let me know if you find a solution.

I bought one of those Tapco rubber butt pads and they are too small for the US made black polymer butt stock, they were made to fit the original wood butt stocks. The rubber is pretty hard and I doubt it would absorb much shock anyways.

Edited by Blackjack

Heh, I got one of those at a gunshow for my underfolding AKMS- thought the hole in the middle was for the tool kit O_O thats what I use it for anyhow.

They can be had through K-Var. Dont recall where on their site but its there....Hungarian recoil pads or some such thing. They stink for a while, but the smell goes away eventually.

I saw a picture about stock extenson which was designed for shooting rifle grenades with ak. It also fits on Saiga. Only problem is that I don't know where I can get those..

That is the place to get that rubber extension!

http://www.k-var.com/product.asp?0=216&1=227&3=191

Extension.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the advice sakom92s. I finally got ACE stock and Falcon grip to my Saiga. They fit perfectly! ACE cheeckrest fits also to my Sako M92S.

By the way.. the Falcon grip smells really funny! When I was a kid, I had a rubber that smelled the same.

Edited by JiiKoo

Yes, the grip smells really bad!

Cheekrest worked nice.... for the first 15 rounds (12/70 32g and 36g birdshots and one slug - with gas port position 2 ;). After that I noticed that the nut had been lost. I could't find it and just thougt that it had gotten loose. But actually the pin had broken! It's plastic so I guess it just didn't stand the recoil....

Gotta write email to Bob.

But I'm still going to fix it with a metal bolt and nut.

Edited by sakom92s
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not LEO. Here in Finland gun law doesn't define the appearance of the gun or capacity of the clip. Instead there are some restrictions in relation to size of the gun (e.g. you need a special license if your rifle's barrel is shorter than 400mm).