Surplus Galil Mags Good Condition $12.10ea

Haven't seen this on the forums but I just bought 10 of these from Numrich and they are in excellent working condition.

I took them apart and cleaned them today and all springs look good along with clean followers. They have new for $22.00 also.

Before the last batch of Galils came out, CDNN sold those for $4.99. They are good mags,I bought a bunch while they were cheap. Wish I would have bought more,but even with the price bump they are worth it. I bought new and used ,and I

could'nt tell the difference.

Will these work in a stock Saiga .223?

Simple answer is no. You need a bullet guide and you need to do a slight mod to the mag.

Here is a thread on it.

galil mag mod

Contact Dinzag about the feed ramp. You also need to be 922 compliant,which you can find endless info about if you use your handy search button.

Edited by gunboy69

I bought them for my upcoming "Saiga Conversion" because they seem to be the most reliabel and easiest to convert.

Cheap mags are gone again, and will only get worse in the next year if Osama (er, Obama) or Hitlary get in. I'm seeing the panick start already.

Thank for the link brother, yup my favor flavor for the .223

and yes they reliable mags a lot better than a lot stuff out there

metal inserts on the mags and easy to do plus 35 rounds and light

as hell and they will take a liking and keep on ticking.

Even the lips will get a lot of abuse and still work no problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know of any webshops that will ship to europe?

I tried the link from #1, ordered 5 35rd galil mags, but suddenly my order was cancelled..?

As far as I know, Norway isn't a part of the "axis-of-evil"...

We're good guys, just like you..

A friend of me is the only Izhmash importer in Norway, but he cannot get hold of anything bigger than 10rd. (and doesn't cost more than 50$)

For now, that is..

It kinda sucks competiting in IPSC matches with 2 10rd mags and 3 30rd who jams.. :)

Even the lips will get a lot of abuse and still work no problems.

Reminds me a gal I know, so it made me snicker.. LOL

any way.. back on topic...

That's a pretty good price for galil mags!

Edited by MD_Willington
  • 2 weeks later...

Well here is the scoop, some will be like new and some are like when to hell and back

is the luck of the draw or more like what the guy that picks the mags on the place

will pick and send to you. Yes all are use but some are like fill with sand and hebrew

carvings all over and other in the same batch are like I say before new looking.

Yes I got few and of the few about 4 were use by some soldier call Moshe Hebrain

cause his name is on the mags carve on the bottom plus some hebrew and

this guy really was in some place were he really use the mags but even as

beat as they look still work no problems.

Just got in the 6 that i ordered. It would seem that i recieved the "from hell and back" edition mags. Lots of wear & scratches. They seem to be ok, the one that worries me tho is the small release at the bottom of the mag (the one you push in to slide the floorplate back) has been replaced with some sort of cloth that was shoved in there.......not really sure what else to say about that......... other than you definitely get what you pay for.

Methinks in the future i'll just wait and see if Veej sells anymore of his

Well here is the scoop, some will be like new and some are like when to hell and back

is the luck of the draw or more like what the guy that picks the mags on the place

will pick and send to you. Yes all are use but some are like fill with sand and hebrew

carvings all over and other in the same batch are like I say before new looking.

Yes I got few and of the few about 4 were use by some soldier call Moshe Hebrain

Hey Compadre, you're obviously stayin' ahead of the grim reaper (but laggin' a bit behind me, I would guess ;>)! My advice, FWIW, is that the Galil Orlites are great mags. If you buy a bunch, and some look like new & some look like museum material, just keep the new-looking mags for every day use & SHTF, and save the museum pieces a few months or years (for when you can sell them at a profit, as historical artifacts, or as the latest technology, please see the following).

There's pretty good odds (IMHO) that Hillery or Obama will be elected, in which case (based on my own personal gray-haired-old-fart experience) you can kiss high capacity rifle magazines (of any shape. caliber, or size) and any 'evil' looking self-loading rifles (including our wonderful Saigas) GOODBYE!!!

Adios! (Geez... )

Just a word of warning - I've been through this before, and in all honesty, it was a freakin' miracle that the so-called 'assault weapons ban' was allowed to expire by the politically-correct-morons in Congress. IMHO. if you trust anything important to them, you're dumber than a bucket of rocks.

(Crap - that describes half of our neighbors... )

IMHO, if you want a self-loading rifle, buy it now, because not one of the presidential candidates will break a sweat to preserve your right to do so. And that includes McCaine, IMHO...

Personally, I would recommend, at the top of my list, a 5.56 (.223) Saiga.

(Crap - I probably ought to buy another one or two... )

;>)

Ordered 5 mags and received them yesterday. Two appear to be pretty much brand new, one slightly used and the other two looked like they saw some serious action. I stripped them down and scrubbed all the plastic pieces in warm water. Then I cleaned the springs with clp and extra fine steel wool. Springs look brand new now. Not bad for 12.10 each and free shipping with coupon code. Who is Veej?

Hey Compadre, you're obviously stayin' ahead of the grim reaper (but laggin' a bit behind me, I would guess ;>)! My advice, FWIW, is that the Galil Orlites are great mags. If you buy a bunch, and some look like new & some look like museum material, just keep the new-looking mags for every day use & SHTF, and save the museum pieces a few months or years (for when you can sell them at a profit, as historical artifacts, or as the latest technology, please see the following).

There's pretty good odds (IMHO) that Hillery or Obama will be elected, in which case (based on my own personal gray-haired-old-fart experience) you can kiss high capacity rifle magazines (of any shape. caliber, or size) and any 'evil' looking self-loading rifles (including our wonderful Saigas) GOODBYE!!!

Adios! (Geez... )

Just a word of warning - I've been through this before, and in all honesty, it was a freakin' miracle that the so-called 'assault weapons ban' was allowed to expire by the politically-correct-morons in Congress. IMHO. if you trust anything important to them, you're dumber than a bucket of rocks.

(Crap - that describes half of our neighbors... )

IMHO, if you want a self-loading rifle, buy it now, because not one of the presidential candidates will break a sweat to preserve your right to do so. And that includes McCaine, IMHO...

Personally, I would recommend, at the top of my list, a 5.56 (.223) Saiga.

(Crap - I probably ought to buy another one or two... )

;>)

Brother U are right, how things look, it is going to be hard times for every one in shooting community

better get your stuff when U can sooner than latter cause latter U may be paying and eye of the face

for any rifle U can find or no more rifles at all.

LOL I guess I have beat the reaper few times, but she likes to come around some times

and pay a social visit, I was thinking the same with this mag full of Hebrew markings

( more like some one scribe the hold Torah on this things) but I will never sale one

of this things to any one, I will be ashamed of passing this mags to any one don't even

if they pay what I pay for them.

Sorry guys in view of how the damn mags are coming I don't think I can sale

any of my, the last batches of mag I sold I make sure they were in perfect

condition is true I charge more than 12.00 bucks for them

but the only problem they have was dust from storage I really

hand pick some of the best of the litter to sale to people

don't like stuff to come back and bite me in the butt. Now

the last mags I got dont even look at all like the ones I sold

but I dont care when is for my own use as long as the mag

works, how it looks really no matters to me.

Hey engbob brother U think U can send then back

they may send U better ones, I have done that couple of times

as I explain that they were no fit for use at all and got

a little better ones not as new looking but at list

they were no on the last leg.

i went at em with the dremel and vinyl brush. Then took out the springs and cleaned them up with a wire brush. Still not pretty, but i don't think that there will be an issue. That cloth that i saw ended up being a piece of rope that was poked thru a hole in the floorplate (not sure if they were hanging the mags off of something). For $12.20 a piece can't really complain. Anyone know if those springs are available anywhere? JIC i need to replace them

Ordered 5 mags and received them yesterday. Two appear to be pretty much brand new, one slightly used and the other two looked like they saw some serious action. I stripped them down and scrubbed all the plastic pieces in warm water. Then I cleaned the springs with clp and extra fine steel wool. Springs look brand new now. Not bad for 12.10 each and free shipping with coupon code. Who is Veej?

Could you share the coupon code for free shipping? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

My kids tore into them yesterday, 1 was brand spanking new, like the ones I got from Vjor... 3 were dirty but in good shape, one looks like shit! I may just keep it though for farting around, I'll probably experiment with some spray on plastic dip for texture with that one.

The dirty ones cleaned up pretty good... I washed them in the kitchen sink.. LOL

Edited by MD_Willington
  • 4 months later...

OK, I went ahead and ordered 8 of these for my Saiga. I just received them in and it looks like you get a mixed bag of mags. 4 look as if they have only begin inserted in gun and never loaded up or fired. New looking bodies, clean followers and springs, and no sign of dirt or powered burn. The only scratches/marks are at the front catch and the rear latch, as if they have been inserted and removed a few times, there are not even marks on the followers or feed lips as if they have never been loaded.

2 look used, but very lightly. Dusty not dirty, no real deep scratches, and are clean inside with shiny springs. This is the condition I think of when people say lightly used.

2 look like they were used to beat information out of prisoners. Dirty as all get out, deep scratches and gouges, rusty springs, and followers that show great ammounts of wear. This is actually the condition that most things seem to be when people say lightly used.

I went ahead and modded the 2 crappy mags to fit and loaded them both up to 35 rounds. A lot of creeking and bit stiff towards the end, but they both hand cycled flawlessly. The hand cycle was not pulling the handle back and letting the bolt slam home, but actually riding the bolt closed. I will take them out to shoot soon, but I am impressed that even in the condition that they are in they seem to cycle fine.

There is a slight front to rear rock in the mag, but very very slight side to side motion. My x39 mags, metal and composite, all have more side to side play and a few have the same front to rear play.

Edited by sfven
What PISSES ME OFF... is they are LOCATED IN NY... but they wont SELL TO NY... WTF is THAT all about!?!?!?!?!? :unsure::eek::unsure::eek:

:smoke:

heh, I would stop in there from time to time (lived not far from west hurley, NY) and when i knew someone that worked there, had a really hard time leaving the place. My wallet was ALWAYS empty when I walked out. LOL go for a damn bolt for a 22, come out with all kinds of crap and no bolt for 22 LOL.

2 look like they were used to beat information out of prisoners. Dirty as all get out, deep scratches and gouges, rusty springs, and followers that show great ammounts of wear... I went ahead and modded the 2 crappy mags to fit and loaded them both up to 35 rounds. A lot of creeking and bit stiff towards the end, but they both hand cycled flawlessly.

I've modified US-made Magpul AR-15 followers to fit the Galil Orlites (but don't have a range report yet). You might consider that if the followers look like trouble (or if you need the US parts count). In any case, I might think about using the beat-to-heck mags as range mags (but I'm sure you've thought of that, also).

There is a slight front to rear rock in the mag, but very very slight side to side motion. My x39 mags, metal and composite, all have more side to side play and a few have the same front to rear play.

I converted my Saiga to use the Orlites exclusively, so mine do not rock front to rear (http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=14322&hl=economy , see "Step 5"). But I'm not sure other mags will fit (I've actually never tried it). The 'long trigger guard' made sense to me when the Orlites were $5 each (I bought WAY more than I really need ;>), and I'm not sorry I did it. But today's prices may suggest a different approach.

By the way, FYI, Tony thinks the Orlites "suck" (when compared to Weigers): http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=28894 .

I love mine (don't ask me to sell any), but I'm (obviously ;>) not Tony...

I've had good experiences with pmags, I'll try to mod some followers. I actually have some pmags that I plastic welded a fron and rear catch onto and have used as range mags. I had to trim the front of the mag body down to clear the two rivets, which caused the follower to tilt upward on the last round, which would jam it into the barrel above the chamber, which by the way is a great indicator that you are out, at least for range mags. Only problem was the severe side to side movement.

I've bought a HK composite ar magwell used for airsoft which I am going to mod to fit the saiga. Once I have it working I will use it mold a magwell out of carbon fiber.

While I like the Orlites, I would like to share mags with my shooting buds when go to three gun shoots. I have a sheet metal magwell that I fabed for my x39 but it still uses the rear mag catch to hold the mag in. I want more of an ar stlye mag release.