i just found this site thanks to a member.

http://ammunitiontogo.com/catalog1/index.p...-specialty-ammo

Really a great site to do business with !!!!

Orders always promptly verified, and always there when they say......... Prices are pretty good, too......

Ditto, I don't run the flamethrower rounds in my S-12 though I leave that for my pumps. That being said I make a major purchase at least once a year from ammotogo and i've yet to be disapointed. His flamethrower rounds are about x3 more power/distance than the hi-vel catalouge ones i bought

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean by that? In what mode or carrier of transportation could you fit a folded stock Saiga that you couldn't fit a fixed stock Saiga, provided both had the same barrel length? The only thing I can think of would be a folded 8" SBS in a backpack or the ability to be stored in a very slightly smaller gun case, but I'm not sure how that would be really useful in reality provided you have a vehicle that is bigger than a Mini Cooper.

There are a lot of reasons a short rifle/shotgun is useful. Other than taking up less space in a shorter case they are going to be ease of movement in tight spaces. I have an AR15 SBR & I've found it's *MUCH* easier to get in & out of a vehicle w/ the SBR than a normal 16 - 20" rifle. It's easier to go through doorways. In general, it just doesn't get hung up on things. I don't see a lot of reasons I'd want to shoot one folded, but I find it hard to go back to full length rifles after getting used to my shorty.

Why are you holding your shotgun while exiting a vehicle and why would you need to do it so quickly? Why would you be going through doorways with the stock folded?

What do you mean by that? In what mode or carrier of transportation could you fit a folded stock Saiga that you couldn't fit a fixed stock Saiga, provided both had the same barrel length? The only thing I can think of would be a folded 8" SBS in a backpack or the ability to be stored in a very slightly smaller gun case, but I'm not sure how that would be really useful in reality provided you have a vehicle that is bigger than a Mini Cooper.

There are a lot of reasons a short rifle/shotgun is useful. Other than taking up less space in a shorter case they are going to be ease of movement in tight spaces. I have an AR15 SBR & I've found it's *MUCH* easier to get in & out of a vehicle w/ the SBR than a normal 16 - 20" rifle. It's easier to go through doorways. In general, it just doesn't get hung up on things. I don't see a lot of reasons I'd want to shoot one folded, but I find it hard to go back to full length rifles after getting used to my shorty.

Why are you holding your shotgun while exiting a vehicle and why would you need to do it so quickly? Why would you be going through doorways with the stock folded?

I don't get out of a vehicle holding a shotgun. I get in/out of a vehicle holding a 11.5" AR15 SBR. (If we could have SBS in this state I would probably go the Tromix route w/ a 11 - 12" barrel & use that, but no SBS for civilians in this state. :angry2: ) I work part time at an indoor range in a bad neighborhood. As a show of force we all carry handguns and we keep loaded shotguns &/or rifles behind the counter. It works. They don't mess w/ the crazy white boys w/ guns. I uncase the rifle in the car & carry it in. In the process I've learned a full size rifle/shotgun is too long to maneuver in a car. A shorty works really well. When we close I carry the rifle out & we are opening/closing doors. The SBR doesn't get in the say. We've also had the motion sensors go off when we were trying to close. In that case we clear the building instead of calling the police w/ a false alarm. It's the rifle I keep loaded at work, my things that go bump in the night rifle, and my bugout gun if things ever got that bad.

I'm not saying I use a short shotgun or rifle on a daily basis, but I have found that a short rifle is much handier

1) in a vehicle

2) moving through a building. You can keep it flat where you are going to have to move a full sized weapon up/down.

3) It's much easier to case/uncase a short rifle/shotgun in a vehicle or other close quarters since you don't have to pull it out as far.

Now IMO 1 & 3 apply to a shotgun w/ a normal barrel length & folding stock. 2 is more applicable w/ a short barrell. If you don't have a need for those, that's fine, but some of use have a use for them. My need is fairly light, but it's enough for me to learn what works for me and what doesn't. I think that's good because it lets me know the limitations of my weapon systems. The time to learn the barrell of your shotgun catches on a doorframe as you walk through is *NOT* when there's a tango in your house.

Slow down and think about it.

If I am getting out of a vehicle with my rifle/shotgun in my hands I am not doing this to tend to some small. innocuous chore.

It I am not responding to some immediate threat I would not have the firearm in my hands. If I am responding to an immediate threat I am not going to do this at a slow pace.

Most military units issue folding stocked firearms to troops who have to work/egress from vehicles becuase that feature is useful - not because it is cool.

At the risk of sounding like a jerk,

If you have to ask, do ya really need to know??

Don't even think of shooting that out of a Saiga.

Multiple Second Flame + Semi-Auto Ejection = Horrible, Horrible Things

Yes, but I still want to see a youtube video of said horrible things. For educational purposes, of course ;)

Hah! that's great!

Please, I hope for No offense,

I am sorry MONK,..

I have already learned my lessons\

Just poking fun, I have to admit your posts/threads on cycling rounds is the best one I have found about ammo mags and action problems,

Thanks,

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

LOL nevermind. I'll call Darwin Awards in advance.

Edited by Gas Giant

For an investment, and it's doing quite well. I just wish I had bought a couple dozen when CDNN was selling the EAA's for $200-$225; I would have been well off now.

Oh, and to shoot things of course :D , works great on clay pigeons. With the 10 round AGP mags, you just can't lose. Mine have been jamming up on me and deforming rounds when the bolt feeds them in the chamber but I gave a call to AGP and lo and behold with no extra cost to me, there are some GEN-2 followers waiting for me at UPS. I'm sure with those, the mags will perform flawlessly, I can't wait. AGP gets a thumbs up in my book and I haven't even tried the mags with the new followers, I just read what others say.

I'm just sad to say that mine is still stock and has not been converted to have a pistol grip, folding stock, muzzle break, etc. I just got into this HK conversion thing now so that's going to take up quite a bit of my time and energy; not to mention money, but these days Saiga-12s aren't exactly cheap these days :cryss:. Also, it seems the price of 12 gauge ammo has gone up, what's up with that.

Edited by OC80mg

Now you are talking.

Just to let everybody know, this guy owns Mercedes Benz. If he wasn't preoccupied with his empire, he could beat me with ease.

OldandSlow,

I bought one just to kick your butt! You'll have to give about two years of practice to do it though :)

AB

Further bad news:

post-4457-1206691816_thumb.jpg

:eek:

Where... get... magwell?!?!

Rusmilitary.com

Unfortunately, they are "sold out", whatever that means.

I have ordered another one in any case. They have not charged my credit card yet.

I costs about $100 and is shipped from United Kingdom.

I have emailed, but have not had a response.