SAIGA MADE 30 ROUNDERS NOW

or you could spend the same amount of money spent on a saiga and buy a real ak and not have to worry about any modifying.

but for those with little engineering skills, how many of those $9.99 mags will they ruin before they get it right?

Just out of curiosity, has anyone had one of these mag conversions fail? I have read alot of positive's about this mod (and perhaps rightfully so), but are there any negatives?

Just a note: I have already installed a feedramp in mine, and of course it works quite well. However, wanted to get the 411 on this mod before suggesting this to a buddy of mine.

or you could spend the same amount of money spent on a saiga and buy a real ak and not have to worry about any modifying.

I failed to find any other "AK" for $179 ( or anywhere near it ) with the same build quality as my Saiga. Maybe 15 years ago.. but not this year.

It came down to the Saiga, or the Robinson VEPR.. While a great gun, I didn't want to pay so much for what is just a fun plinker for me.

you're right. $179 is is pretty low.

back when i bought mine in 1999 it was $300-$350.

mak90's can be had in mint condition for between $200-$250.

an mak90 is 100 times better built than a saiga. saigas are great! i have the 308, 20 gauge and 12 gauge. and i plan on getting the 410 also. i aquired all 3 saigas i have for $575. all brand new in box.

the only one that seems to be a real bargin would be the 223 seems how the price is a 1/3 the price of a mini

truthfully i'd spend $20 more and get an mak90.

oh. by the way, i can name about 10 people that would fail the fourth grade class project.

Oh, sorry if that came across as insulting, it was ment to be comical. It's hard to convey emotion in text :rolleyes:

If i had a choice, I'd have gotten a Russian SVD, but they don't let anyone import those anymore. As a result the ones already in the country go for rediculosly high prices.

you're right. $179 is is pretty low.

back when i bought mine in 1999 it was $300-$350.

mak90's can be had in mint condition for between $200-$250.

an mak90 is 100 times better built than a saiga. saigas are great! i have the 308, 20 gauge and 12 gauge. and i plan on getting the 410 also. i aquired all 3 saigas i have for $575. all brand new in box.

the only one that seems to be a real bargin would be the 223 seems how the price is a 1/3 the price of a mini

truthfully i'd spend $20 more and get an mak90.

oh. by the way, i can name about 10 people that would fail the fourth grade class project.

i call shinanagians show me a mint mak90 for 250.00 i can show you a shit load of them for 350-500

check here

the cheapest one on gunsamerica

cheapest one on auction arms

please tell me, i would like a mint Norinco anything for $200.00 and i wanted it yesterday

The six Saiga factory magazines I order from Ramsey Sports arrive a few weeks back. I'm very pleased with the quality. Unlike the 10 round magazine, the upper part of the 30 round magazine is actually metal, I was surprised when a magnet stuck to it.

Saiga 30 Round Magazines

As far as I've searched, Ramsey Sports has the best price to date ($28 each), plus they'll beat anyone's price if somebody has it cheaper. The $9.95 shipping charge wasn't bad since I spread the charge across the six magazines. If anyone finds a cheaper source, please post it.

Before I bought the Saiga magazines I purchased one of the AK47 mags and modified it by brazing the feed ramp and filing down the rear catch. It worked well, but a fair amount of time and effort went into properly creating the feed ramp. Now that the factory 30 round magazines are now available I don't think it's worth the cost, time and effort of modifying an AK47 magazine, especially if you factor in the reliability of the modification and wasted money and effort if you accidentally goof up the modification.

Gentlemen:

I am new to the AK-47 and Saiga experience. I recently bought a new WASR-10 and Saiga in 7.62 x 39. Of course I have tried both out already. Frankly I am far more impressed with the quality level of the Saiga which i I bought at Dunham's for $199 plus state tax. The WASR was $299.

I have been following the threads on magazines with interest. I bought some new 30 round Bulgarians for WASR for $10 each. The Saiga comes with a 10 round mag. EAA sells the 30 round for $30 bucks.

The question I have is a 922 legal one. The Saiga was 100% manufactured in Russia. So are the Saiga mags. If I purchase and use a 30 round Saiga magazine in an unmodified rifle am I in violation of the law because of the "evil" large cap. magazine? Do I have to substitute enough US parts on the new Saiga to have ten or less imported parts to use the large capacity mags? That seems ridiculous since both casn be bought over the counter so to speak. I would appreciate your experienced thoughts on this one.

Many thanks. "Wolverine" :ph34r: