Aftermarket front sight post?

Howdy. Doe's anyone know if they make a replacement front sight post for the Saiga? A long... long time ago, I hacked off mine on my 20" and pressed on a beefy muzzle brake, with the desire at the time to go scope only. Now I have mounted a 2x 40mm red/green dot scope, and would like to have a front sight assembly of some kind to be able to co-witness or just use iron sights all together, in case the SHTF and my batteries die or the glass was to break.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

This one http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?prod...=290&page=1 fits nicely but if you've got the end of your barrel threaded you're gonna need to cut off the sleeve on the end. Otherwise it fits perfectly and also has a loop for the cleaning rod. I don't know if you're at all interested in using a cleaning rod, but of you are you're gonna need to buy a real AK rod and cleaning kit. The stuff that comes with the saiga is all wrong. Btw, you need to have AK style handguards on the rifle in order to insert the rod.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but that is for a standard AK. "Standard" in terms of the length of the barrel, specifically the distance from the end of the barrel and the slots for the pins. The distance from the end of the barrel and the notches in the barrel for those two mounting pins is a little longer than standard so you'd either have to crown the barrel or make new notches for that FSB.

If you don't want to cut off the sleeve...

Please correct me if I'm wrong but that is for a standard AK. "Standard" in terms of the length of the barrel, specifically the distance from the end of the barrel and the slots for the pins. The distance from the end of the barrel and the notches in the barrel for those two mounting pins is a little longer than standard so you'd either have to crown the barrel or make new notches for that FSB.

If you don't want to cut off the sleeve...

You are 100% correct about the barrel length. The sleeve does not reach the end of the barrel. If he's using a standard depth brake the barrel is going to have to get recrowned. Recrowning the barrel is not that big of a deal and only has to be done between 1/16"-1/8". Bottom line is, the fsb is the correct diameter, has the correct pin spacing, has the loop for the cleaning rod, and is stupid cheap. I think it's well worth it go through the trouble of recrowning the barrel.

Speaking of sights, I was considering on changing my rear sights to a peep sight, similar to this- http://www.onesourcetactical.com/index.asp...&ProdID=644

Anyone recommend it? Does it really make a difference before I go and wast my time changing it?

Also my front sight came from the factory a little offset. Maybe about 2 degrees left, and its not aligned perfectly. It shoots on target at 25 yards, but I think it starts getting screwy past that, hell I'm not happy with it.

How would you recommend getting the original front sight off the barrel or aligned properly? Is it set with pins and threaded on?

Speaking of sights, I was considering on changing my rear sights to a peep sight, similar to this- http://www.onesourcetactical.com/index.asp...&ProdID=644

Anyone recommend it? Does it really make a difference before I go and wast my time changing it?

Also my front sight came from the factory a little offset. Maybe about 2 degrees left, and its not aligned perfectly. It shoots on target at 25 yards, but I think it starts getting screwy past that, hell I'm not happy with it.

How would you recommend getting the original front sight off the barrel or aligned properly? Is it set with pins and threaded on?

The FSB is kind of pressed on as well as being pinned on.

Here's a good thread on how to adjust the cant. http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/fsbcantfix.htm

those ACE sights really look cool!!! I like them a lot, something else to consider with my conversion. I guess they count as a US part for 922r purposes? (won't really matter with the other parts i'll be adding)

No, sights don't count for compliance. That would be an easy compliance part though if it was. But like you said, you'll be good with the other parts anyway :D .

Are the FSB's that have 24mm threads any good(threads align with the barrel with no problems)?

like this -> http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16352

My FSB is slightly canted. My original plan was to cut off the sleeve, tap out the pins, align it, silver braze the holes, re-drill, tap the pins back in, then thread, then buy a 14mm x 1 LH to 24mm x 1.5mm RH adapter...

Now I'm thinking why not just buy that Arsenal FSB which also adds the plunger pin? Obviously I'd hunt around for a deal better than $85. But the Adapter is $20, the threading kit is another $20, so even $45 more isn't bad.

The Bulgarian is the way to go, but each its own. if I was U

I will look on all the forums, sooner or latter U will find a

Bulgarian FSB if U dont want to pay what K-var is asking for.

So no problems with the threaded bulgarian FSB? Its not like the slip on brakes/adapters, right?

It have to be press on the barrel and pins have to be install, after that

U can install AK-100 or AK-74 style brakes on it on 7.62x39 , or a

flash hider made for the 24 mm threats, look at the picture posts

that on my gun is a Bulgarian FSB. Easy cleaning AK-100 style brakes

or AK-74 style brakes and the gun look a lot nicer.