...Saiga Showdown...

Saiga Shotguns  

538 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you choose and why...

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I FUCKN HATE POLLS!!! I always spend 10 minutes reading these fucking threads befor I realize there 4 years old!! Damn why the hell to people vote on old ass poles and trick me into reading them.  

I want a 10 gauge... ... ... . ... S10 yup Im waiting..

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

While I can appreciate the lighter kick of the 20 ga or .410, for the availability of ammo and the diversity of power levels available, I'd go with 12 ga, no question. The .410 is handy for snakes and small vermin, or small birds I guess. However, unless you're wanting to have a taxidermist stuff the snake or bird, a 12 ga with a light load will kill them just as dead.

As I mentioned, availability of the 12 ga round is another plus. I know that a lot of places carry some of the other sizes as well, but when was the last time you saw a store carry 20 ga and not 12? I've seen the opposite though, granted not a whole lot.

The diversity of the 12 ga ammo "seals the deal" for me. Think of all that specialty ammo, if that's something you'd like to try. While I've never messed with flechette rounds, dragon's breath rounds, beanbag rounds or some of the other more exotic stuff, I know that I personally have only seen them available in 12 ga.

Just my 2 cents.

Corbin

• 3 weeks later...

12 ga. Otherwise I can sell you a bag of gravel to throw If you want the 20 or 410. A 410 is pretty much just for grouse, which a rock will do just as well. I don't even know why they still make 20. I suppose folks are intimidated by a 12, but I weigh 150 soaking wet and I have no problems with a 12, or my 44 mag.

• 3 weeks later...
find somebody who has a saiga 12 and find somthing to shoot at an old tv milk jugs anything will work even with bird shot it destroys anything..

I gotta disagree. I was shooting at a parking sign (no not stolen, or an actual parking sign) and it was the same thickness of a "real" parking sign. The birdshot just dented it up and blew all the paint off of it. This was Federal birdshot (the Walmart bulk-pack).

That was my experience anyway.

Yeah, unless you've got the muzzle ON the sheet metal (which I STRONGLY discourage you from trying), you're not likely to penetrate it with birdshot. I had a stainless steel 20ga piece of metal (signal mirror) in my right breast pocket when I got shot through my right palm with a shotgun back during my Army days. It was birdshot, but my hand was ON the muzzle when it went off, so the wad and everything when through my hand. Most of the pellets made it out the back of my wrist and entered into my chest/armpit area. That mirror took several over them and dented pretty bad, but it didn't let them penetrate.

I'll see if I can find it and post a pic.

Corbin

find somebody who has a saiga 12 and find somthing to shoot at an old tv milk jugs anything will work even with bird shot it destroys anything..

I gotta disagree. I was shooting at a parking sign (no not stolen, or an actual parking sign) and it was the same thickness of a "real" parking sign. The birdshot just dented it up and blew all the paint off of it. This was Federal birdshot (the Walmart bulk-pack).

That was my experience anyway.

If you do slugs, it will ruin everything else except 3" 00 buck.

I shot 60 slugs and 100 rounds of Wally World Federal today.

After the slugs, the bird shot is so fucking lame.

The 12 gauge is the only shot gun I will ever own.

Edited by Bounce12