OK, On a whim, I stopped by a small gun shop, and saw a dimpled 7.62 Saiga. It is the only one out of about 10 or more. I never really cared about the Dimples on the Saiga rifles before, but I am beginning to feel as if I ran across something special. The gun store clerk said he never had a dimpled Saiga in the store before and did not know what dimples were until I pointed it out. I am just wondering if this is a good find that I should jump on, because they are so rare? It is priced the same as the other Saiga rifles. Can some explain the history of these dimpled Saiga?

OK, On a whim, I stopped by a small gun shop, and saw a dimpled 7.62 Saiga. It is the only one out of about 10 or more. I never really cared about the Dimples on the Saiga rifles before, but I am beginning to feel as if I ran across something special. The gun store clerk said he never had a dimpled Saiga in the store before and did not know what dimples were until I pointed it out. I am just wondering if this is a good find that I should jump on, because they are so rare? It is priced the same as the other Saiga rifles. Can some explain the history of these dimpled Saiga?

I forget who was searching 'Dimples' but the story goes the manufacturer may have used some Military issue receivers (which have dimples for rigidity) to assemble some coming to the US.

If you get the 1 with the extra Y marking/dimple thats fine as long as its NOT punched thru (full-auto hole). If you do get one NEVER show it to the ATF :blues:

I'd buy one if it was readily available with others just sitting there. (then brag on here) :smoke:

Hell yeah, jump on it if it's the same price as a non-dimpled. I got lucky at my local shop when I went in for Saiga #2, and found a dimpled one :super: . I see no reason not to get it :D .

My second one has dimples and I can honestly say the quality of the receiver is better than my non-dimpled receiver.

louielouie

• 2 weeks later...