Who sells Russian AK's?

I've got a rather hard headed customer who wants a Russian made AK. I've already told him that the Saiga's are Russian made rifles built on AK receivers, but he says he doesn't want a Saiga. As far as I know, the only Russian made AK's on the market are all converted Saiga rifles. I've tried to make this clear to him, but like I said, the dude is rather hard headed.

LOL.

Well.... I'm sure that if you pay a ridiculous premium, you can get a "Russian AK" but it will be used and 15 yrs old.

I may be mistaken but I believe ANY REAL Russian AK would have to have been imported in the early 90's if not in the 80's due to trade agreements with Russia.

Find him a "Real Russian AK" and then show him what that would cost vs. a Converted Russian Saiga.

EDIT

Wait, aren't VEPR's Russian AKs?

Find him a VEPR.

http://www.armsofamerica.com/firearms/veprs.html

.223 20.5" VEPR, 639.95!

ALL others Out of Stock!

16" S-x39 - $250-280

Pistolgrip (AK clone) - $5-10

Wooden Stock (AK clone) - $10-40

Wooden Forearm + mounting Kits (AK Clone) - $20-80 (Spread is large because I don't know what the retaining brackets cost :unsure: )

Conversion TIME (with proper tools) - 2-3hrs (@ $20/hr) - $40-60

REAL RUSSIAN AK - $325 to $470

Edited by SaigaNoobie

A friend of mine has a '56 Fedorov. It's milspec, and he claims has had only about 100 rounds put through it... mostly as a display piece. He puts a 6500 dollar tag on it at shows, I can check if that's a serious asking price if you want? And yep, it's gonna be hard to find "real" Russian AK's because they are no longer imported or manufactured, most have died due to long service life and weak corner welds on the front trunnion and guides or have seen way too much use, and it's a hell of a licensing headache (real untampered ones are Class III as well, I suppose). They're effectively just collector's items.

Glad you guys understand. I don't know what else to tell this dude. Actually, I was considering just uttering some ridiculous price to him just so he will get out of my hair. I really don't need/or want his sale anyway.

I was considering a VEPR for a while but like the other person said all I could find were 223 Molots for above 600 bucks. I am not a huge fan of the 223. I have always looked at it as a Varmint round.

I actually called Robinson Arms, the importer in Utah and asked them when they were expecting more in x 39 or 308. They said they weren't getting any more because Molot decided not to continue their importation which made it an easy decision to buy my Saiga Ver 308.

The guy needs to realize if he wants a real russian AK, he either needs to go to Russia or find a old beater someone doesn't want anymore and pay a ton of $$. About 6 years ago i saw a russian AK with wire stock in *poor* condition selling for 800 bucks =( i don't know what they fetch on gunbroker cause i haven't seen one since=O

Edited by Vultite