Whats the best break for taming recoil?

TROMIX Shark Brake (available with or without "persuader" points) reduces recoil 15-20%........... and more than adequately manages rise............

Viewable at link below !!

I like the Shark-thm.jpg but the s12_brake_74.jpg Looks good to.

Hey Dinzag. How well does your break tame recoil and rise?

How does a brake do this anyway? What's the physics of it?

Tony himself has said that the Shark Brake was designed for looks, not for function. I don't know what Jeaux's problem is.

The physics is simple. Holes are deliberately placed such that exiting gas pushes the muzzle down.

The BEST recoil absorbtion device is strong shoulder muscles!

If you want to manage recoil this butt pad from FSE helps a lot. You can shoot heavy loads all day without any discomfort.

"I just want to shoot fast and keep more on a smaller target."

A butt pad won't help me do this.

As I said. I have no problem taking the recoil.

I want to reduce it for aimed mag dumps. :devil:

Tony himself has said that the Shark Brake was designed for looks, not for function. I don't know what Jeaux's problem is.

Oops, Mr. Rx, you must not have noticed that Tony said that although he had designed the Shark Brake for looks, it turns out that there's a 15-20% reduction in recoil............ That's not a problem at all for me...............

+1 on the Shark break, I fired my s12 many times before I bought the shark break, and now many after. There is a noticable difference, faster follow up shots from my experience, it looks great too.

Thanks headhunter. This is pretty much exactly what we hear from most customers.

Tromix Shark Brake hands down. Easy 15-20% reduction. There's probably some videos out there where you'll see the shooter's hair or brim of their flop hat whoosh back with each shot -I feel it too. I have the standard "motivator" tip on the end.

There's a significant difference between a "compensator" for muzzle climb.

For extra control, screw on a Remmington recoil pad (different than a slip on). You could fire slugs or buck all day with no soreness at all. I went through 300+ slugs in one day from a bench/prone position (different angle on the shoulder).....no pain afterward as if I hadn't fired a shot. Tromix sells those stocks as well ;) ...its a worthy investment.

With a proper shouldered forward-in-your-face stance, Shark Brake and vertical grip =you'll stay on target quite well with the slugs on the move

Bitch pad or not, I swear by those pads. I would never have it on for mere bird shot or any of my other assault rifles for that matter. No point in that. But for a slug/buck gun with extensive "fun" use at the range, well its what suits me best. It also suits whoever wants to give it a try without hurting them...not everyone has good shoulder/stance. I'm sure a few of us have seen those type of shooters. I want them to smile, not go ouch.

~S

Edited by whatmanual

I fired 5 slugs from the prone position once. Once. That was some pain. The only thing I had to put the gun against was my collarbone, and it felt comfortable until I fired the first shot. I felt that for a couple days. Where are you supposed to put the thing?!

I use a slip on pad in warm weather with light clothes, both for length of pull and cushioning. A mercury reciol cylinder in the stock would help- especially for those with less body mass.

TROMIX Shark Brake (available with or without "persuader" points) reduces recoil 15-20%........... and more than adequately manages rise............

I'd like to know if the 74' style breaks work well, I love the looks of them.

I'd like to know if the 74' style breaks work well, I love the looks of them.

This is one of those times where the ARFCOM influence shows in me.

I'm getting both. :smoke:

I'm going the post a review of both breaks vs no break and then pit the breaks in head to head testing. :super:

Now where is that darn paycheck. <.< >.>

• 9 months later...

Check out the King Amrory KA-1212.

There is a topic on this forum about it. Here is the link:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=33079

Here is the link to their product page for the KA-1212:

http://www.kingarmory.com/My_Homepage_Files/Page32.html

Here's a pic:

post-14713-1230341061.jpg

They are supposed to be having special pricing for saiga 12 forum members upcoming. I think I will be getting one then.

The best way I have found to tame a Saiga recoil is with a home made recoil buffer made out of 1/4 inch gasket material, just trace a conventional recoil buffer and install it.

They last about 300 rounds and work great.

On a match gun your going to need a choke if you have cylinder bore more than a break! If you run modified and the home made recoil buffer you will be very happy with the recoil and the abilty to knock down stubbern targets with cheap ammo.

Edited by topmaul

I am wondering, how do you exactly measure recoil and barrel rise?

Recoil would be easy, just something that measures the force coming rearward, but muzzle rise?

It easy to say something is 15 to 20% better than stock, how do you quantify it?

I think this is all a bit subjective and probably better posted in the competetors corner for actual results. This is an old thread, but the OP looked to be after information on shootability/faster follow up shots. In general, weight and pads help with "felt recoil" and brakes are made to help with muzzle rise and control. There is a huge difference in the amount of available chamber pressure generated by a rifle vs a shotgun available for use at the end of the barrel. There is also the question of if you want to have the ability to run a choke or not. Any properly constructed brake will probably give you "some" degree of help, but in general from what I've learned if you want real results it's not going to be cheap and will most likely occure from stacking a lot of different modifications. Most of what I've just posted is subjective to what I've read and retained mixed with some actual trial and error. If you want real world results, look to the guys that shoot a lot and try for results "competitive shooters" Practice and basic good shooting form never hurts either.

Edited by 6500rpm