bullet guide dimensions?

My thanks for the heads up from the Great Dinzag! While I have you on the thread, Is that bolt on forearm stock retainer of yours an install it and forget it item? There's a lot of talk from people who want to go the Galil forearm route (me too on this conversion) but the Tapco Saiga specific moves around a lot. I know that your retainer not only pinches the barrel but also has a set screw for retention. Please tell us more about the actual "field" results from your product. Thanks and hope to do some trading with you....CAPTZENO.

My thanks for the heads up from the Great Dinzag! While I have you on the thread, Is that bolt on forearm stock retainer of yours an install it and forget it item? There's a lot of talk from people who want to go the Galil forearm route (me too on this conversion) but the Tapco Saiga specific moves around a lot. I know that your retainer not only pinches the barrel but also has a set screw for retention. Please tell us more about the actual "field" results from your product. Thanks and hope to do some trading with you....CAPTZENO.

Captzero

I can tell ya that I have a test unit of Dinzag's no gun-smithing retainer. I installed it here

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=14011

I've shot a lot of ammo through my gun since then, on the last trip out we even did some bumpfiring. Melted part of the handguards on the inside, but the retainer hasn't moved an inch. You can clamp the barrel tight enough that the "retention" screw is more on the overkill side as opposed to the necessary side. Let me know if ya need anything else

Captzero

I can tell ya that I have a test unit of Dinzag's no gun-smithing retainer. I installed it here

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=14011

I've shot a lot of ammo through my gun since then, on the last trip out we even did some bumpfiring. Melted part of the handguards on the inside, but the retainer hasn't moved an inch. You can clamp the barrel tight enough that the "retention" screw is more on the overkill side as opposed to the necessary side. Let me know if ya need anything else

Thanks for the info. I'll be going with the dinzag mount.

• 2 weeks later...
Awe shucks guys :rolleyes:

I haven't had any complaints on them, but can rest assured if you did have any problems I stand by my stuff 100%.

Hey Dinzag ! My first day posting but I ordered my bullet guide from you (today) because although it appears to be easy enough to make I would rather steer the business your way and when you count the time envolved making it, your price is a bargain.

I'm the guy from Callyfornia that goes to the border...thanks again for the service in shipping that out so soon!

I hope to get some more parts to convert the front end with a Galil style from Tapco and maybe an AK gas tube too

post-10790-1207865699_thumb.jpg

Edited by Berzerker
How do I know which bullet guide to order from Dinzag - please educate me.

Thank you!

You just have to see if you have a flat trunnion or a round trunnion, and order accordingly (and obviously for the right calilber Saiga). Be sure to order the "kit" too, it comes with everything you need to install it. The other option just gives you the guide and screw.

Round trunnion:

trun_round.jpg

Flat trunnion:

trun_flat.jpg

*Pics hijacked from Dinzags site :D .