TROMIX Short Throw/Reset Trigger

I recently left my TROMIX 10" SBS with Tony to use in testing the MD Arms 20-round drum......(which ran perfectly, by the way......)

While there, Tony changed out my standard trigger group with the TROMIX Short Throw/Reset Trigger !! I can't begin to tell you the staggering difference that it made !!! Dramatically increased performance !! Rate of fire with the new trigger is amazing !!! Reset is lightning and the trigger just couldn't be any crisper !! It'll flat rip 'em out !!

Given the option to have the standard FCG installed as opposed to the short throw/reset trigger.......believe me, there's no comparison......... I'm absolutely amazed at the improvement !!

Tony continues to make the very best even better !!

This is a mod that IMO everyone should go for that wants/needs optimal performance from their S-12.........If you're on the list, contact Tony and have him add this mod to your gun.............. You too will be glad you did !! Kick-ass !!

Jeaux

............and, by the way, got a couple of bottles of the Broken Arrow Break-In Lube too.......... Let me tell ya, if you want to slick your gun up, new or old, this is the stuff !! It stays on your gun......doesn't fling off like most all the rest, and has a detergent component as well............, and it's got to be the slickest lube I've ever seen !! Slides like glass !! If you think the stuff you use now is good......just give this stuff a try !!

Edited by Jeaux E
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently left my TROMIX 10" SBS with Tony to use in testing the MD Arms 20-round drum......(which ran perfectly, by the way......)

While there, Tony changed out my standard trigger group with the TROMIX Short Throw/Reset Trigger !! I can't begin to tell you the staggering difference that it made !!! Dramatically increased performance !! Rate of fire with the new trigger is amazing !!! Reset is lightning and the trigger just couldn't be any crisper !! It'll flat rip 'em out !!

Given the option to have the standard FCG installed as opposed to the short throw/reset trigger.......believe me, there's no comparison......... I'm absolutely amazed at the improvement !!

This is a mod that IMO everyone should go for that wants/needs optimal performance from their S-12.........If you're on the list, call Tony and have him add this mod to your gun.............. You too will be glad you did !! Kick-ass !!

Jeaux

Do you know what he is doing? I was thinking about moding a trigger group so I could reuse the over travel blocker from the factory group. I'm sure others have noticed as well that an unconverted saiga-12 can get more rounds down range faster than a G2 trigger group. I'm pretty sure this is coming mostly from less over travel.

I want the same for my converted guns because I can smoke an unconverted saiga-12 out!!!

I have an adjustable RSA trigger and that rocks in my RPK-74. I was going to put it in the Tromix but I have this lug looking thing sticking up (I think its where the pivot bar sat before) and it got in the way of the disconnector. G2 fits and is working GREAT though :)

However, this sounds very intriguing and I'm a firm believer that there is never such a thing as "overkill" when it comes to weapon performance. Coming from Jeaux, its certainly nothing to 2nd guess either.

Hope he sells this as a drop in... off to MAA I go :)

~Steve

However, this sounds very intriguing and I'm a firm believer that there is never such a thing as "overkill" when it comes to weapon performance. Coming from Jeaux, its certainly nothing to 2nd guess either.

~Steve

Quoting Tony Rumore, relating to the TROMIX SRT: " That is the one mod that every gun should have.......... " All I'm doing is relating my own experience........... I was perfectly happy with the FCG Tony originally installed with my conversion, but the SRT took my weapon to an entirely new level......... I just could not believe the difference!!

My 10" TROMIX SBS is a one-of-a-kind work of art.......(the only one Tony has ever built like it, both in appearance and in configuration of the gas system), and this new addition (SRT) to it enhances it even further!!

After experiencing this improvement, I'll have to go with Tony that "this is the one mod that every gun should have..."

Now, I have this other TROMIX S-12 that still has the original FCG........................heh, heh, heh............

This is a mod that IMO everyone should go for that wants/needs optimal performance from their S-12.........If you're on the list, call Tony and have him add this mod to your gun.............. You too will be glad you did !! Kick-ass !!

Jeaux

Do you know what he is doing? I was thinking about moding a trigger group so I could reuse the over travel blocker from the factory group. I'm sure others have noticed as well that an unconverted saiga-12 can get more rounds down range faster than a G2 trigger group. I'm pretty sure this is coming mostly from less over travel.

I want the same for my converted guns because I can smoke an unconverted saiga-12 out!!!

Do you think there's a way to make the original over-travel blocker fit with the g2 fcg? What would have to be shortened or modified to get it to fit? I still have one on my work bench I decided to save. If I could get some idea on what needs to be done I'd try it this week.

All I do is weld up the front and rear travel stops on the G2 trigger. Then I install it, test it, and then remove material from the front and back stops until it is working decent. It usually takes 5-10 installs (trial and error) to get it tuned up. Then the safety has to be adjusted as well.

When I am done, the trigger goes from having about 1/2" of travel to about 3/32" of travel.

Tony

All I do is weld up the front and rear travel stops on the G2 trigger. Then I install it, test it, and then remove material from the front and back stops until it is working decent. It usually takes 5-10 installs (trial and error) to get it tuned up. Then the safety has to be adjusted as well.

When I am done, the trigger goes from having about 1/2" of travel to about 3/32" of travel.

Tony

So do they have to be tuned to each individual gun, or would you be able to produce these triggers as a single drop-in part? I'd buy one in a heartbeat. Going from 0.5" to 0.1" is quite an improvement!

Edited by Monk

I received my s12 from Tony Last week. I had him do the Short Throw/Reset Trigger in my build. I was extremely surprised how FANTASTIC it came it. I have a very expensive open race gun that the trigger is equal to and was a 1/4 of the cost. If Tony is working on a gun for you, you would be foolish not to spend the extra $75 for this High end match grade trigger job.

Would this trigger mod not be recommended for a defensive or law enforcement application?

Also, am I understanding it correctly that the mod just removes the additional play/travel after the trigger drops the hammer, and the trigger moves to the rear of the trigger guard on the follow through? Thus, it allows for a faster reset and follow-up shot?

-P.

Edited by Prophet
It shortens both the overtravel (movement after the sear drops the hammer) as well as reset travel (release movement required to reset the trigger).

Tony,

At some point I would like this done on my S12. I would have requested this option when you built my 2 Tromix s12. But, it was not avaliable at the time.

I was NO.97 and 98 on the build list. May I get on another list to have this done when you are accepting work?

This is a mod that IMO everyone should go for that wants/needs optimal performance from their S-12.........If you're on the list, contact Tony and have him add this mod to your gun.............. You too will be glad you did !! Kick-ass !!

Jeaux

............and, by the way, got a couple of bottles of the Broken Arrow Break-In Lube too.......... Let me tell ya, if you want to slick your gun up, new or old, this is the stuff !! It stays on your gun......doesn't fling off like most all the rest, and has a detergent component as well............, and it's got to be the slickest lube I've ever seen !! Slides like glass !! If you think the stuff you use now is good......just give this stuff a try !!

Hey Jeaux,

Just to clarify, are you saying that you like Tony's new trigger setup and his work in general?

:smoke:

Hey Jeaux,

Just to clarify, are you saying that you like Tony's new trigger setup and his work in general?

:smoke:

LOL !!!!

I'd call that a huge-ass understatement !! I'm likely the most vocal proponent of Tony's work here and elsewhere (as we all know)..... There's a valid reason for that.......Anyone who owns a TROMIX weapon already knows what that reason is, too !! I am the TROMIX MASCOT, after all................

I now am waiting on my 5th gun from Tony, and I've missed out on a few more I would have bought if I hadn't been out working when they were initially posted.........Timing is everything, ya know........

Tony, in my humble opinion, builds the finest weapon available, and is an innovator and craftsman of the highest order........ Not only that, but he holds his liquor well, is a helluva cook, has a great sense of humor, patient almost to a fault, and is one wild-man MF'er........... I'm proud that he views me as a friend, as well as a customer.........

.........and Bob, too !! Great guys to hang with........!!

As to the trigger, the increase in performance is just amazing.......Tony says it's seldom ordered, but that it's THE ONE MOD that should be ordered on every gun !!.......... Believe it !!

Edited by Jeaux E
Do you think there's a way to make the original over-travel blocker fit with the g2 fcg? What would have to be shortened or modified to get it to fit? I still have one on my work bench I decided to save. If I could get some idea on what needs to be done I'd try it this week.

I played with it a little today before work, the Russian blocker will not fit on the G2 without milling out a small area under where it sits in the trigger (compare it to your Russian trigger), so I milled out a relief for the Russian Blocker on the G2 and used the Russian Sear (rather than mill on the G2 Sear). It took out about .100 of trigger movement, measured from the front of my trigger guard to the center of curve on the trigger (there was about .250-.260 of movement before modification), but the hammer wouldn't go past the main hook on the trigger, it will definately take some fitting, but I think it is worth possibly sacrificing a G2 group over to find out.

The hook geometry is slightly different on the G2 trigger as compared to the OEM part. If I had my welder up and running it would be a lot easier to do it the way that Tony does.

JMHO,

ML Roak

Edited by ML Roak

I played with it a little today before work, the Russian blocker will not fit on the G2 without milling out a small area under where it sits in the trigger (compare it to your Russian trigger), so I milled out a relief for the Russian Blocker on the G2 and used the Russian Sear (rather than mill on the G2 Sear). It took out about .100 of trigger movement, measured from the front of my trigger guard to the center of curve on the trigger (there was about .250-.260 of movement before modification), but the hammer wouldn't go past the main hook on the trigger, it will definately take some fitting, but I think it is worth possibly sacrificing a G2 group over to find out.

The hook geometry is slightly different on the G2 trigger as compared to the OEM part. If I had my welder up and running it would be a lot easier to do it the way that Tony does.

JMHO,

ML Roak

Is it possible to keep the stock trigger with overtravel block, then switch in the G2 the sear and hammer only? You lose x1 922r part, but you only need 3 with an s12 anyway. PG, stock, and gas piston have you covered, let alone x3 for agp or MD drum (soon!).

The RSR trigger works great, but if you want to keep that AK reliability, having set screws holding your trigger engagement in place, is not best idea. If one of those screws comes loose, it could lock up your FCG.

Tony

LOL !!!!

I'd call that a huge-ass understatement !! I'm likely the most vocal proponent of Tony's work here and elsewhere (as we all know)..... There's a valid reason for that.......Anyone who owns a TROMIX weapon already knows what that reason is, too !! I am the TROMIX MASCOT, after all................

Stop it Joe! your frightening the customers.

I thought you wanted people to BUY Tony's weapons. :haha:

Just messin' with ya. (but ya ain't no Miss RSA or Christina! ) :devil: