Take a Look at This

Years back I knew a over the road truck driver that had a O/U derringer that shot .410 or .45 long colt. He had it for the same reason, people would jump on the trucks at truck stops and try to rob the drivers, he had to pull his a couple of times and it always scared the crooks off.

They ought to make a 12 gauge revolver for the real men :D:D

Didn't the Thunder5 do the same thing a couple of years ago?

I've never understood the appeal some people see in using the .410 in a self defense situation. It's just not a very effective round with that short of a barrel. Loading all the chambers of The Judge with .45LC would be more effective.. but then why not just carry something in .45acp? Makes no sense to me. Only real use I can see for this thing is a backwoods gun where you can mix .410 and .45LC to deal with rattlesnakes and/or dangerous wildlife... but I already get that same package in my Blackhawk with shotshells and traditional ammo.

I am a 410 enthusiast but these 410 pistols have got to go. The round just does not work in that short of a barrel. Might as well use party poppers, the confetti does less damage to the car, you don't need a concealled weapons permit and they are cheaper per round. I have even owned a 410 snake charmer, which I sold as it was also worthless except to waste perfectly good ammo. Now if anyone wants to see what the 410 can do in real life against living things they are more than welcome to come out hunting with me. The 410 is a great round when used within its limits and the pistol is not even close.

Man, buzzkill! There is a waiting list of about 50 people at my local shop alone for them to put out another batch of these. I've been waiting for work to cut loose after winter to jump on the band wagon. Leave it to practical science and that stinkin water box to dash a person's dreams. I'm just glad I didn't wind up with one planing to load it with the buck and not be able to find any. 4 1/2 in, that would hurt, wouldn't it?

Well as an owner of the BFR I gotta say I've had more fun from mine than anything else in quite a while. It actually does not kick anything like you think it would. Factory loads are quite mild. My reloads will get your attention, but I can shoot it with less discomfort than I get from the Guide Gun. (My thumb keeps trying to brad my nose, gotta learn a different grip.) It is a blast to shoot! (in more ways than one!)

Well as an owner of the BFR I gotta say I've had more fun from mine than anything else in quite a while. It actually does not kick anything like you think it would. Factory loads are quite mild. My reloads will get your attention, but I can shoot it with less discomfort than I get from the Guide Gun. (My thumb keeps trying to brad my nose, gotta learn a different grip.) It is a blast to shoot! (in more ways than one!)

Is your BFR a 45/70 or another caliber?

Is your BFR a 45/70 or another caliber?

Its a 45-70 with a 7 1/2" barrel. Suprisingly accurate.