Hello, I purchased a WASR single stack ak47 at Dunhams a few weeks ago for 250.00 on sale. After I bought it, I had to get rid of the crappy stocks. They were terrible. Crappy pattern with oil soaked texture. I ordered new stocks for it, I then customized the magazine well for double stack magazines. I changed the trigger group and have a few other parts ordered to make it compliant. I customized the safety to act as a bolt release too. Just wanted to share the project. Oh, also I scuffed up the entire rifle and painted it with a flat black exhaust header paint by Duplicolor. The pics dont do it justice. Oh i also purchased a 30rd pro mag and I have a 40rd steel magazine for it. I would estimate with the new stocks and the composite pro mag, it weighs about 3lbs lighter then the wooden stocks with the 40rd steel mag.

post-9928-1206769607_thumb.jpg

post-9928-1206769620_thumb.jpg

post-9928-1206769631_thumb.jpg

post-9928-1206769643_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dustin

That stock runs $25, and is solid as hell. It's what I bought for my Saiga-12. I'll be ordering another one for my .410 in time now that I know what they're like. If it had a rubber pad on it, it'd be perfect.

It's NATO length BTW.

There was another recent post about this stock, people seemed to like it,..

There should be a slip on butt pad that fits, Davids has one for the sks version of this stock,..

unless the shoulder rest is too tall,..

Any one??

Oh, sorry. As far as the buttstock goes. I love it. Atleast with this stock compared to the factory dragonuv you can get your hand around the pistol grip really nice. it feels great. I do agree that with the addition of a pad, it would be perfect.
There was another recent post about this stock, people seemed to like it,..

There should be a slip on butt pad that fits, Davids has one for the sks version of this stock,..

unless the shoulder rest is too tall,..

Any one??

I don't know what to tell you. The butt is curved, and ovular. Any recoil pad would have to be purpose built to fit this exact stock. Not sure if there is one though, just saying a universal wouldn't work.