What's the worst handgun you've ever owned?

Ah!For rifles I would say Henry AR7 and the Feather AT22 I had.The Henry would jam AND go full auto at bad times.Henry Arms couldn't even make it right with a new one,so they sent me a lever action!The Feather always jammed with every make of ammo.Neat ideas,just crappy engineering..... :( I miss them when they worked,which wasn't often....did I mention Cobray M10 carbine?eek.....

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My friend had a POS Hi Power clone from Century.     Rough...Love my USPs. I need to get a Sig. The new HK45 and P30 are cool too. Just wish they wouldn't have dropped the 45 capacity from 12 t

I HAD TROUBLE WITH THE KELTEC 380 WHEN I HAD IT IN MY POCKET THE CLIP WOULD EJECT.

I HAD TWO OF THE AMT 1911 45 ACP SS ONE OF THE BEST SHOOTING 45'S I"VE SHOT

Posted Images

Browning heavy barrel .22, just crap. :unsure: Sent it in, replaced with a new one. 5,000+ rds. No problems. :super: Use at gun club to start new shooters. Most reputable makers will do you right. Had a Glock 20, crap out of box. Same deal. Made it right. Company armourer once commented that 1 of 100 or so would just be crap.

I can't say that I ever owned a real bad gun, however I have shot 3 that are tied for worst.

Jeminez 9mm

Hipoint 9mm

Sigma .40s&w

The sigma at least would shoot, the trigger on that gun sucks though.

The best is a tie also.

AR-15 7.5" .223 "Pistol"

Ruger Super Redhawk .454 Casull

Both of these are a dream to shoot, if you like big powerful handguns.

lama 1911 style 9mm peice of shit. jam o matic would not feed hard ball ammo. every round jammed every time. and then i had a 44 mag ruger black hawk it flew apart while shooting it. damn near put my friend eye out. i wish i still had pics of that one. took it back to the dirt bag at green top sporting goods and got a s&w 44 mag. still got that one.

btw i love my glock 17 It shoots great every time never any problems. if you have a problem with a glock send it back and theyll make it right

Edited by TheGunHustler
  • 2 weeks later...

ill speak up on hi points.. c-9 total= piece if crap as a matter a fact it ftf with 3 different mags i polished the feed ramp same crap... i removed the firing pin and took the dremel to the slide saying ftf=dead

didnt like the carbine either sold it and got a kel-tec sub-2000

current carry... kahr k9 excellent... only ammo ive had issue with is 147gr so i pack with black hills 124 +p

Edited by Disinformant

hey wait cant forget the taurus 45 acp forgot the model . it was stainless and rattled like a baby rattle. it shot every time but i hated the rattle. I almost owned a hi point but when the mag fell out while fireing and it wouldnt feed hard ball ammo i said no thanks. speaking of hi points a getto fablious guy came in the gunstore and asked for a mag for a hi point 4 fifths and the guys laughed and said try a gun show youll find it there . he said what yo dat gun is the schizzzit it go bop bop ery time i pull da trigga. then he says hey dawg leme see dat choppa jank. my bud said you can find a choppa at the airport . then getto dude walks out and said this store is wacked out man. all we could do is laugh! ohh the pleasure of the city

Worst: Keltec P3at 380. That thing refused to feed any decent defensive rounds. FMJ rounds would usually cycle.

Best: Smith and Wesson M&P 40, had it for 14 months now and she has been carried daily and shot often.

Best for the money: Hi-point 9mm carbine. Dat gun is the schizzzit it go bop bop ery time i pull da trigga ;)

Edited by moxie1c

My CZ-52 which tried to self dissasemble while shooting......it was my first C&R purchase......the CZ-82 is a far better gun.....it doesn't shoot through schools (Johnny Dangerously anyone?) though.....which is either a plus or a negative depending on your situation....

My worsts:

Interdynamic KG-99 (early version of the Intratec Tec-9)

It was so good I also bought an

Intratec Tec-22

Both major jam-o-matics. Very picky about ammo. Very innaccurate.

On the positive side: threaded barrels, vented barrel shroud, and high cap mags. :killer: Made in the U.S.A.

I do own an VP70-Z as well, but it isn't my worst because at least it fires when I pull its horrible trigger.

• 2 weeks later...

My 4 worst:

1. RG industries .38 snub revolver (original 70s vintage saturday night special), but was free

2. Llama 9mm 1911 clone that cant even make it through a mag without a problem, but was very cheap

3) XD9 that I spent good money for but has mag locking problems, finish wore almost completely off after 1 year, and my wife can not rack the slide because the recoil spring is so stiff.

4) The Kimber that I spent way too much money for, continue to dump money into, and is no more reliable than gun #1.

Worst-- Jap Nambu, type 94, most hideous POS I have ever seen passing as a handgun. This could be fired by striking the left side receiver by the grip with your hand never touching the trigger. Also pathetic calibre, 8mm.

Best -- Desert Eagle MKVII .44 mag brushed chrome. Capable of striking a beer can @ 150m with iron sights, kicks like a 9mm due to gas operation.

Edited by U.S Praetorian

I forgot about the RG .22short revolver that was made of pot steel.Cracked frame and finally died.Found pieces of another just like it in the woods that blew up too!Funny though,I have an RG14 I believe it is that is .22LR,never had problems with it and used to shoot it alot.Go figure.....

yep, the RG14, "the gun that almost did Ronald Reagan in". A $40 gun with a reputation for exploding after 50 rounds takes down the leader of the free world. That was the begining of the end for gun rights, as the initial legislation was to make the RG "Saturday Night Specials" illegal to sell; soon everything else was evil too. RGs are bad luck man!

I almost forgot:

A Davis 38 over and under derringer. Trigger pull so hard it took two painful fingers to fire, one on top of the other, and I'm a pretty bug guy. 5'11" 225 lbs. I reworked the trigger so you could fire it without pain, then sold it to a guy in SASS (Big Fred, asshat) who was pissed he couldn't ring steel @ 25 yds with it. We told him it's a belly gun, it's not supposed to be accurate. He sold it to someone else. Oh, and even though it was a 38, it would chamber 357 mags.

The worst pistol I ever owned was an HK USP 9mm.I pre-ordered it before anyone in my state even knew they existed.I waited 7 months.I got the pistol cleaned it and took it to the range.

The front sight flew off! HK sent me a new one.

2 weeks later:

The plastic on the trigger separated and jammed in the trigger recess in the frame! I sent it to HK and they sent it back with a new trigger.

a couple months later the internal part of the safety selector stripped and the safety would just flop around and the pistol would not fire so once again it got sent back to HK and they replaced the part.

I got the gun back almost 4 months later,looked at it for 10 minutes,thought about shooting it and then came to my senses and put it in a box until the next gun show where I dumped it on a dealer who couldn't get his hands on one and seemed very excited,lol.

They say that the USP is better now but "fool me once,shame on you...fool me twice,shame on me" and considering I have experienced fewer than 20 malfunctions with my assorted Glocks in 20 years of use including my old G17 1st gen which had over 20K through last time I estimated I can forgive their ugliness,crappy trigger pull and slippery fat grip because they go BANG! Everytime I pull the trigger and pieces don't fly off of them unlike my USP :D

Edited by SOPMOD
  • 3 months later...
My worsts:

Interdynamic KG-99 (early version of the Intratec Tec-9)

It was so good I also bought an

Intratec Tec-22

Both major jam-o-matics. Very picky about ammo. Very innaccurate.

On the positive side: threaded barrels, vented barrel shroud, and high cap mags. :killer: Made in the U.S.A.

I do own an VP70-Z as well, but it isn't my worst because at least it fires when I pull its horrible trigger.

Funny, in the early 80s my brother-in-law told me "You gotta get your ass over to Western Surplus and get a KG-99!". So I got my ass over to Western Surplus and got a KG-99. Needless to say I never listened to anything that guy said about firearms ever again. I sent it back to the factory three times because it would not cycle. When I got it back the third time they had replaced the bolt and the barrel but I could hear a rattling noise so I disassembled it to find the recoil spring in six pieces. Shipping damage I guess. They mailed me a new one and installed it and sold that POS pronto to some poor unsuspecting schlub at a gun show.

yep, the RG14, "the gun that almost did Ronald Reagan in". A $40 gun with a reputation for exploding after 50 rounds takes down the leader of the free world. That was the begining of the end for gun rights, as the initial legislation was to make the RG "Saturday Night Specials" illegal to sell; soon everything else was evil too. RGs are bad luck man!

Actually the beginning of the end of gun rights came in 1934 when the DemocRATs passed the National Firearms Act.

Smith and Wesson Sigma .40. That thing was a POS!

I had one of those too. P.O.S. and by calling it a P.O.S. i'm insulting the good name of shit. Mine was a swve .40 limited stainless that rusted.

I thought that S & W model was pronounced "smegma".............

guido2 in Houston

Edited by guido2

:ded: I HAD TROUBLE WITH THE KELTEC 380 WHEN I HAD IT IN MY POCKET THE CLIP WOULD EJECT.

Worst: Keltec P3at 380. That thing refused to feed any decent defensive rounds. FMJ rounds would usually cycle.

Best: Smith and Wesson M&P 40, had it for 14 months now and she has been carried daily and shot often.

Best for the money: Hi-point 9mm carbine. Dat gun is the schizzzit it go bop bop ery time i pull da trigga ;)

mine is a Wyoming Arms/ Parker in .40 S&W,

it looked nice and is all stainless steel, great sights, dose not eject for crap ( i have to single load the rounds in the mag)

good trigger, terrible fitting of parts, feels good but still very chunky with all of the extra metal they could have removed, too small of trigger guard, safety is a POS cause of its location and how stiff it is, cant find parts, and that damn square front of the trigger guard makes finding a good holster an insane task.

hence why its my project gun ;)

im thinking about taking out to 10mm, the thing might shoot .40 S&W but its frame/ slide is sized for the 10mm.

i think that is part of the problem to be honest.

hey wait cant forget the taurus 45 acp forgot the model . it was stainless and rattled like a baby rattle. it shot every time but i hated the rattle. I almost owned a hi point but when the mag fell out while fireing and it wouldnt feed hard ball ammo i said no thanks. speaking of hi points a getto fablious guy came in the gunstore and asked for a mag for a hi point 4 fifths and the guys laughed and said try a gun show youll find it there . he said what yo dat gun is the schizzzit it go bop bop ery time i pull da trigga. then he says hey dawg leme see dat choppa jank. my bud said you can find a choppa at the airport . then getto dude walks out and said this store is wacked out man. all we could do is laugh! ohh the pleasure of the city

How about a translation. That made NO sense.

• Like 1

Seen?...That one would definitely be a Bryco .380 a friend of mine had. (Now sold under the name "Jeminez")

Chrome plated POS that goes thru firing pins and other parts like I go through toothpicks. :ded:

I also had a Bryco 9mm...POS to be sure. It fell apart field stripping it and I ended up selling it for parts for $50

considering I have experienced fewer than 20 malfunctions with my assorted Glocks in 20 years of use including my old G17 1st gen which had over 20K through last time I estimated

You obviously do not shoot your Glock enough, the one in our gun safe has had 20+K rounds in just the past two years. I have seen several Glock failures (one critical, the slide cracked) and numerous malfunctions (usually operator induced due to sloppy grip/stance). I do agree with you about the HK USP, tried it and hated it. The HK USP is a good reliable and accurate gun but the trigger just sucks, it is even worse if you decock and do a DA shot. HK customer service is a pain too, they seem to exclusively cater to the military and LEO community.

• 5 weeks later...
considering I have experienced fewer than 20 malfunctions with my assorted Glocks in 20 years of use including my old G17 1st gen which had over 20K through last time I estimated

You obviously do not shoot your Glock enough, the one in our gun safe has had 20+K rounds in just the past two years. I have seen several Glock failures (one critical, the slide cracked) and numerous malfunctions (usually operator induced due to sloppy grip/stance). I do agree with you about the HK USP, tried it and hated it. The HK USP is a good reliable and accurate gun but the trigger just sucks, it is even worse if you decock and do a DA shot. HK customer service is a pain too, they seem to exclusively cater to the military and LEO community.

Personally I cannot get over their mag release. It just seems so weird to me. I guess I am just a "Sig guy".

Worst gun I have owned is a Llama 1911. It will not fire more than 1 round without a FTE. Tons of fun.

Not owned, but used: my father's Ruger Standard Pistol from 1972. The first owner had it aftermarket nickel plated, which might have something to do with it. After some examination, I found out the magazine follower's retention bolt was dragging on the inside of the grips. I dremeled a nice groove for it, which seemed to solve the problem for a while. Last time we used it, though, it was back to jamming. I took the whole damn thing apart and gave it a thorough cleaning and oiling this time. We had also been using CCI Mini Mags in all our .22's because they are a higher quality round, but switched to CCI standard velocity the last time we used it. That might also have had something to do with it. Some guns just like different ammo. That gun is just flaky though, and always has been.

No problems with my new 22/45 Mark III Hunter. The newer gun shot great with no jams.