WTB: Saiga 12 new or used

Hoping to find a new or used Saiga for under $525 all told (shipping & FFL receiving). Let me know if this is unrealistic...

Thanx!

Jenn

In my recent experience you are not very likely to find one close to that [especially if needing FFL & shipping]. :(

Try regular trolling of small gun stores, pawn shops, etc. on the chance you may find a used model, or new one that the folks aren't quite up to speed on its value.

Calling Gilberts. in Kentucky, they would tell you they have no 12ga for sale, but keeping watch on the GunBroker auction site I have seen about 1 auction a week from them on 12ga Saigas. Pretty sure each one has sold for over $600 PLUS shipping & FFL - with a high of about $675 or so.

I would suggest checking GunBroker and/or any other auction site that folks recommend multiple times each day in hopes of catching one going up for sale with a Buy It Now price you can afford.

Also, keep a close eye on the for sale thread here on this site. :google:

Good luck,

HarvKY

In my recent experience you are not very likely to find one close to that [especially if needing FFL & shipping]. :(

Try regular trolling of small gun stores, pawn shops, etc. [...]

Good luck,

HarvKY

Not what I hoped to hear, but thank you for responding, HarvKY! :) Any idea why they don't simply ramp up production to meet the increased demand? I'm sure I'm missing some bit of news or other.

Hello Jennifer;

unless something happens to increase the number of S-12's inported,the price is just going up. a year ago i purchased my first S-12 for under $400.

The last two i purchased from Gilberts were $459, and they sold out in a couple of days.

i would normally say, wait till you find a bargin . However, with the Pres. election comming soon. i would want to get one ASAP.

i am affraid that no matter who's elected we are in for more GUN Bans. Imported guns will go away first.

Just my .02, good luck in finding one.

Rick

Hoping to find a new or used Saiga for under $525 all told (shipping & FFL receiving). Let me know if this is unrealistic...

Thanx!

Jenn

Jenn,

I happened to be looking through the Gunbroker site to see what things are going for.

There is a NIB 19" 12ga Saiga listed that is currently bid up to $505 and the auction ends Weds night.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=95901360

That price has NOT met the "Reserve Price" the seller has chosen. I wouldn't be surprised if the reserve is probably about $600 :rolleyes:

I have not dealt with that seller, but don't recall anyone bashing them on this site. You might check it out.

For comparison, Gilberts has the same gun listed for auction that ends on Thursday and it currently is bid up to $680. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=95918427

Don't ask me why the diff; maybe someone else on here can give ytou feedback on the other Kentucky seller - we know Gilberts is good.

You can register now on GunBroker for only $1 I believe, so that way you will be ready to bid if/when you see something you want.

As pistol fixer suggested, the popular opinion is to buy what you can now due to concerns about new gun law from the gov't, importation delays, and crazy price increases.

I just got off the phone ordering a rifle and the man said his new cost was going to be more than what he was selling it for now. :o

Good Luck, HarvKY

Jennifer don't fret. I am going to let the cat out of the bag and give you two of my little secrets.

First, go to www.whittakerguns.com and check their sight out. Give them a call and ask for Chris and tell them you are looking for a Saiga 12 and want to be put on a waiting list. On average he receives 25-40 in a shipment and I bought one there in December for $425.

Second, go to www.unclelees.com and check out their sight. Give them a call and ask for sporting goods and tell them you are on long distance. They are more finicky about how many they get, but I bought a IZ109 from them in January for $399. It is the one you see in my avatar now. They can put you on a waiting list and give you a early shot at getting one next time they come in.

Jennifer don't fret. I am going to let the cat out of the bag and give you two of my little secrets.

First, go to www.whittakerguns.com and check their sight out. Give them a call and ask for Chris and tell them you are looking for a Saiga 12 and want to be put on a waiting list. On average he receives 25-40 in a shipment and I bought one there in December for $425.

Second, go to www.unclelees.com and check out their sight. Give them a call and ask for sporting goods and tell them you are on long distance. They are more finicky about how many they get, but I bought a IZ109 from them in January for $399. It is the one you see in my avatar now. They can put you on a waiting list and give you a early shot at getting one next time they come in.

Phil-

Very generous tip! Too bad I didn't read it sooner! They've probably been swamped after everybody read this! :unsure: I'll find out tomorrow. THANK YOU whatever happens!

Edited by Jennifer

OH SHI...

edit:

OK, i just called both places and neither have them in stock or know when they will be getting any. the people at Uncle Lees were rude, at least at Whittakers they were polite about the me asking, it was like night and day between the two places!!! Uncle Lees said they could special order them but you would have to put down 50% deposit that wasn't refundable...i would never do business with them after the way they treated me. thanks for the heads up though...

Edited by sicktooth

Thanx!

Jenn

PM sent

if the FFL+shipping from seller & FFL+transfer to Buyer is <$100 it should work. (providing someone was willing to part with one for a decent price)

Edited by mapper

Mapper: PM sent

I wrote an email to Russian American Arms Co and asked why there seems to be a shortage of Saiga 12s, and why they don't simply increase production to meet demand. They responded very quickly. Unless I can find a really good deal, I am going to take a big gamble and wait till Summer. Thanks for all of your help everyone!

Thank you for your interest in our products. The factory has been retooling. We are 3 shipments behind for the year. Next shipment is in May. Things should get better after that. We have a lot on order for the year and the factory will be playing catch up. The retooling was to get more production.

Clyde Woods

Sales & Marketing

RAAC

Edited by Jennifer
Mapper: PM sent

I wrote an email to Russian American Arms Co and asked why there seems to be a shortage of Saiga 12s, and why they don't simply increase production to meet demand. They responded very quickly. Unless I can find a really good deal, I am going to take a big gamble and wait till Summer. Thanks for all of your help everyone!

Thank you for your interest in our products. The factory has been retooling. We are 3 shipments behind for the year. Next shipment is in May. Things should get better after that. We have a lot on order for the year and the factory will be playing catch up. The retooling was to get more production.

Clyde Woods

Sales & Marketing

RAAC

THANKS FOR INQUIRING RAA!!! that makes me feel allot better on getting my hands on one for cheap! i hope the prices stay the same! or DROP...LOL...YA RIGHT!