armsofamerica is a good place. andrew knows his stuff.he should be able to get one with dimples for you.

Thank you for the lead. I just got another AR15 today and it will be a couple weeks before I can jump, but I'll call and see if I can talk to Andrew.

he really hooked it up on the price too and the shipping was free. mine was perfect the way i wanted.

• Like 1
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Meh, Nalioth may be a little rough around the edges but he knows a ton about AKs, and Posty is little more than an Arsenal fanboy. He'll be more than happy to tell you why his rifle is better than you

Aside from the fact you just got your ass handed to you on the dimples issue, if you look closely Post's rifle is a saiga, not from "arsenal of bulgaria". Stop trolling....

Showing off an out-of-spec weapon doesn't show us anything.   Just because it's "Arsenal of Bulgaria" doesn't mean it's perfect.

Posted Images

Just received my new Saiga Monday from Peach State stamped Feb 2009 in the manual and has no dimples and is not threaded. It does have the PG hole. Don't know if it's stepped, most likely not. Completely disassemmbled ready for conversion. About 80% done. Most nerve racking part of the conversion so far was cutting the shroud off. Cut 5/8" off but going to redo and take the full 1" off all the way to the FSB.

• 3 weeks later...

Got mine from Mississippi Auto Arms for $315 plus flat $25 shipping. Dimpled. Need to check for PG. How can you tell if the barrel is threaded? I can see a small gap between the barrel and the shroud. Otherwise I can't see anything.

UPDATE: Mine is a March 2009, with dimples and PG hole. Still not sure about threaded barrel, but I might hold off on that anyway.

Edited by Tarheel72
  • 2 weeks later...

Are dimples that important? The milled recievers don't have them.

The milled receivers are an entirely different animal. They don't have magwell dimples... because they're milled receivers. :rolleyes:

However, stamped receiver Kalashnikov pattern rifles benefit from the dimples. They strengthen the receiver and stabilize magazines. They also look cool. :D

• Like 1

The milled receivers are an entirely different animal. They don't have magwell dimples... because they're milled receivers. :rolleyes:

However, stamped receiver Kalashnikov pattern rifles benefit from the dimples. They strengthen the receiver and stabilize magazines. They also look cool. :D

Mostly right :)

They're there to strengthen the receiver shell.

Dimples've got nothing to do with magazine stability.

It doesen't matter because they mechanicly lock up exactly the same. Strengthen, but I doubt stabalize.

• 1 month later...

Hi all

With regard to the hatched out box on the dimpled recievers over here in the U.K pretty much all the recievers i have seen are of the smoothe type and 90% of these have the hatched out box marking. There are some other Izzy made AKs over here but they are made to a lesser (in my opinnion) spec as they lack the military flash hider/compensator and instead have a sporter style non compensator and non threaded front sight post base. Some also have the horrible sporter plastic but thankfully most are of the standard military type spec. Same goes for the Tigr/Dragunov rifles over here. Some are 99% true dragunov with only the word Tigr stamped on the reciever but others lack the military stock and muzzle hardware and also only have the 300m hunting rear sight.

assassin

• 2 months later...

Showing off an out-of-spec weapon doesn't show us anything.

Just because it's "Arsenal of Bulgaria" doesn't mean it's perfect.

Aside from the fact you just got your ass handed to you on the dimples issue, if you look closely Post's rifle is a saiga, not from "arsenal of bulgaria". Stop trolling....

Edited by bigsal
  • Like 4

Showing off an out-of-spec weapon doesn't show us anything.

Just because it's "Arsenal of Bulgaria" doesn't mean it's perfect.

Aside from the fact you just got your ass handed to you on the dimples issue, if you look closely Posts rifle is a saiga, not from "arsenal of bulgaria". Stop trolling....

:lolol:

• Like 1

So it's an out-of-spec Saiga.

They're not perfect either (as many can attest to)

Right... because you couldn't possibly be wrong in your former (baseless) assertions, right, nalioth? Therefore, my rifle must be "out-of-spec". Where in the Izhevsk factory do you work again? :rolleyes:

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • Like 3

So it's an out-of-spec Saiga.

They're not perfect either (as many can attest to)

Right... because you couldn't possibly be wrong in your former (baseless) assertions, right, nalioth? Therefore, my rifle must be "out-of-spec". Where in the Izhevsk factory do you work again? :rolleyes:

Get your "out-of-spec" saiga out of this thread!! It isn't worthy for it's internals to be shown here! You should be ashamed, P-A! :devil:

• Like 1

My dimpled receiver x39 has no wear marks at all on the dimples. As far as I can tell, the dimples on mine do not contact the magazine.

Like anything else on these guns, tolerances differ. One rifle's dimples may contact the magazine....one rifle's may not....

Edited by Classy Kalashnikov
  • Like 1

My dimpled receiver x39 has no wear marks at all on the dimples. As far as I can tell, the dimples on mine do not contact the magazine.

Like anything else on these guns, tolerances differ. One rifle's dimples may contact the magazine....one rifle's may not....

But Classy, clearly they must never contact the mag, or that would constitute an "out-of-spec" weapon :lolol:

• Like 1

But Classy, clearly they must never contact the mag, or that would constitute an "out-of-spec" weapon :lolol:

Meh, Nalioth may be a little rough around the edges but he knows a ton about AKs, and Posty is little more than an Arsenal fanboy. He'll be more than happy to tell you why his rifle is better than yours because of dumb shit like roll crimps on the dust cover.

Watching the two of them argue is like the unstoppable force vs. the immovable object :lolol:

• Like 6

Meh, Nalioth may be a little rough around the edges but he knows a ton about AKs, and Posty is little more than an Arsenal fanboy. He'll be more than happy to tell you why his rifle is better than yours because of dumb shit like roll crimps on the dust cover.

Watching the two of them argue is like the unstoppable force vs. the immovable object :lolol:

Good late-night entertainment!

• Like 1

"little more than an Arsenal fanboy", huh? Fuck you too, buddy. <_<

I don't know if either you or nalioth have ever handled or fired Legion Saigas, but I doubt it. That surely hasn't prevented you from having pretty strong opinions on em though, (from your position of ignorance), has it? :rolleyes:

You still don't seem to know that Arsenal does little more than import these and install compliance parts, (furniture, FCG, muzzle device). I'm no "Arsenal fanboy", if anything I'm an "AK-103 fanboy". I'd support any/all companies that managed to find a way to import new Russian firearms in nearly "intact", (mil-spec), condition. Arsenal's the only company out there that has the connections/contracts to do that right now, so I do support them as far as that goes and I don't have some illogical prejudice against them, (as nalioth obviously does).

I've never said that my Saigas are "better" than anyone else's, I've merely pointed out the differences, (of which there are many). I won't deny that I'm proud of my rifle(s), but I try not to overdo the bragging, and I think I'm successful in that. You're one of the very few forum members who seems to have sand in his vagina on the subject. Get the fuck over it, would ya?

It's not my fault you live in Joisey! :haha:

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • Like 2

"little more than an Arsenal fanboy", huh? Fuck you too, buddy. <_<

I don't know if either you or nalioth have ever handled or fired Legion Saigas, but I doubt it. That surely hasn't prevented you from having pretty strong opinions on em though, (from your position of ignorance), has it? :rolleyes:

You still don't seem to know that Arsenal does little more than import these and install compliance parts, (furniture, FCG, muzzle device). I'm no "Arsenal fanboy", if anything I'm a "AK-103 fanboy". I'd support any/all companies that managed to find a way to import new Russian firearms in nearly "intact", (mil-spec), condition. Arsenal's the only company out there that has the connections/contracts to do that right now, so I do support them as far as that goes and I don't have some illogical prejudice against them, (as nalioth obviously does).

I've never said that my Saigas are "better" than anyone else's, I've merely pointed out the differences, (of which there are many). I won't deny that I'm proud of my rifle(s), but I try not to overdo the bragging, and I think I'm successful in that. You're one of the very few forum members who seems to have sand in his vagina on the subject. Get the fuck over it, would ya?

It's not my fault you live in Joisey! :haha:

First off, I could just as easily have whatever super-duper Legion rifle in NJ that I want. There are a couple companies that would be more than happy to alter one to comply with NJ's laws and send it to an FFL here. I have seen a few people online who have them. That said, I still wouldn't want one.

Do you know why?

You wanna know why I don't have any legion rifles?

c6fb5965-3fbd-4fa3-a4ea-4ab3d6bf646f.jpg

were-not-worthy.jpg

dgar.jpg

Bowing.jpg?w=227&h=182

• Like 4

Figured I could show up my dimples and x and y, I don't really think I would care either way I'm just happy to have my Saiga and am looking forward to converting it. But hey it's pretty cool that it came this way. I have no idea how you all can tell if it's threaded though.post-27281-045534800 1287972677_thumb.jpgpost-27281-044023900 1287972678_thumb.jpgpost-27281-035623800 1287972676_thumb.jpgpost-27281-059650600 1287972679_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Mine's an 09 model too. Dimples, no step, threaded barrel and (possibly) PG hole. It was converted when I got it, so it's hard to say for sure.

No cross hatching or Y stamp though.

Receiver.jpg

Still deciding if it'll have laminated wood, black, plum or a folder. :unsure:

Edited by Corbin
  • 4 weeks later...

So whats the difference between a Legion and a RAA Saiga? I bought a 7.62x39 from Arms of America and it is a dimpled Legion with PG hole already cut. I looked in the chamber and it does not appear to have the chamber step, but I haven't fired it yet to be sure. The rifle ranges where I live are only opened on weekends and I haven't had a weekend off for over 5 months... Another thing I noticed is that mine doesn't have a small cross hatched box on the left side of the receiver, it has a BIG cross hatched box just behind the safety lever. Anyone have any input on that?

post-19654-0-95386000-1294774864_thumb.jpg

post-19654-0-12539800-1294775059_thumb.jpg

Edited by DrGonZo