• 7 months later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Meh, Nalioth may be a little rough around the edges but he knows a ton about AKs, and Posty is little more than an Arsenal fanboy. He'll be more than happy to tell you why his rifle is better than you

Aside from the fact you just got your ass handed to you on the dimples issue, if you look closely Post's rifle is a saiga, not from "arsenal of bulgaria". Stop trolling....

Showing off an out-of-spec weapon doesn't show us anything.   Just because it's "Arsenal of Bulgaria" doesn't mean it's perfect.

Posted Images

Bought this used. It is a Century conversion. It is 09 date of manufacture,has dimples, and has the scratched out etchings (match striker) on the right side of the receiver. It also has the Izzy arsenal stamp(arrow in triangle) on the front trunion. It also has a circle stamp between the Izzy stamp and the serial number. I have the same trunion stamps on my arsenal but don't remember seeing them on other sporters.

Edited by im_n2_vws
  • 4 weeks later...
Are you saying that a dimpled '06 Saiga is likely to have a PG hole already cut in it? Wouldn't this theory be shot down by 22Shooter's dimpled reciever that didn't have a PG cut?Is there any way to accurately predict which receiver will have it? This would greatly influence my decision on conversion, since I have no interest in cutting my receiver.
He's saying the opposite.Dimpled Saigas normally do not have the PG hole already cut. There was thread where numerous people (including myself) verified this by checking their own Saigas.Non-dimpled Saigas normally do have the PG hole already cut.So if you're going to be buying a Saiga, and don't want to cut your own PG hole, then get a non-dimpled one.(I think I read some about some exceptions, but your chances of getting a non-dimpled Saiga with no PG hole are slim to none)

I have a smooth receiver with no PG hole. Well, no FACTORY PG hole, i cut my own.

• 1 month later...
Are you saying that a dimpled '06 Saiga is likely to have a PG hole already cut in it? Wouldn't this theory be shot down by 22Shooter's dimpled reciever that didn't have a PG cut?Is there any way to accurately predict which receiver will have it? This would greatly influence my decision on conversion, since I have no interest in cutting my receiver.
He's saying the opposite.Dimpled Saigas normally do not have the PG hole already cut. There was thread where numerous people (including myself) verified this by checking their own Saigas.Non-dimpled Saigas normally do have the PG hole already cut.So if you're going to be buying a Saiga, and don't want to cut your own PG hole, then get a non-dimpled one.(I think I read some about some exceptions, but your chances of getting a non-dimpled Saiga with no PG hole are slim to none)

I have a smooth receiver with no PG hole. Well, no FACTORY PG hole, i cut my own.

Now my new one is dimpled, with PG hole and no stepped chamber.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys, EXTREMELY new to the Saiga, I've been thinking of buying one. I read a lot about dimples in the receiver, are these "dimples" the oval shaped ones that everyone is talking about? Some do not have them, some do? And if they do, that's the one most guys prefer because it's more "military" ? Thanks in advance for helping a newbie ... :)

post-48938-0-68303900-1391368940_thumb.jpg

Edited by Suregrip391
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

My new sporter from Buds has dimples. Luck of the draw.

I got my Saiga223 in 2009 at a gun show. There were two left, one on display and one in a closed box. The one on display didn't have dimples. I got the one in the box without looking at it. Got home and it had dimples.