Casing Dents...JAMMING

Fired off a few boxes of Wolf .223 rounds in my converted Saiga .223 and one box of Federal XM193C .223 rounds. The Federal was jamming every two rounds, upon inspection, the casings were dented up pretty bad, some were almost folded by 15 to 20 degrees, here is a pic of the Federal dents occuring in the chamber.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2177/238212...bb5409e.jpg?v=0

The Wolf .223 rounds were alot better, hardly jammed, but she did choke on two rounds, especially when fired rapidly. Here are the pictures of the wolf dents from the Saiga.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2295/238295...4c74224.jpg?v=0

Sorry for the fuzzy pictures, best I could have done at the time, will clean the firearm completely and fire off a few more rounds, see if it helps. Any ideas to rectify the denting of the casings? Any adjustments that can be made etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

BEX

P.S. If the images dont dynamically link to the Flickr account, I have uploaded the two photos.

post-9135-1207145103_thumb.jpg

post-9135-1207145118_thumb.jpg

Are you using the factory mag that came with the rifle, or are you using an aftermarket like ProMag, ,Surefire, etc.???

Cause I know my factory mag was CRAP!!! jam city...Hmmm jam...

Edited by Bean.223

That brass looks like mine when I fire it in my Saiga .223. They ding brass as has been discussed on previous threads. The steel- "not so much"!

The Federal you are firing is "military spec". If it is indeed 5.56 mm ammo, that could be the cause of the problem since Saigas are chambered for .223 Remington.

That brass looks like mine when I fire it in my Saiga .223. They ding brass as has been discussed on previous threads. The steel- "not so much"!

The Federal you are firing is "military spec". If it is indeed 5.56 mm ammo, that could be the cause of the problem since Saigas are chambered for .223 Remington.

Doing my own reading on the forum, it looks like the dent is "normal" for a saiga. The mags are all converted mags. I just cleaned the rifle, and the action is super smooth, I love the firearm, no doubt. I will fire the remaining wolf .223 rounds I have left and report further. Looks like nominal wear and I am gonna stay away from the Federal's!

Any links providing info would be super! Thanks

Try this thread

That is spot on to what I am experiencing, and really chalk it down to being normal, cant reload any rounds here so, it is what it is! I didnt have a chance to go out firing today, will go tomorrow and see what happens then.

Thanks for the help tracking that thread down.

Much obliged!

More previous info

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=17788&hl

Edited by bex

Happy to report, after a cleaning, lubed with lithium tetra grease in all the right places, my Saiga .223 is working like a dream! Yeah the casings are still getting dented, but only ever so slightly. Fired off 60 rounds of WOLF .223 steel casing and NO jamming.

I feel great about the Saiga, no doubt!

Thanks for the assist in the forum, glad to be a member of this site!

Rgds

Bex