Anyone make a receiver block for a slant cut Saiga?

I called my dealer on Saturday to see if he could find me a Saiga .308, just the plain old black synthetic hunter stock. Nothing fancy. He went online and said he could only get the one with the thumbhole stock. No problem, order it. I have a synthetic Saiga handguard and hunter buttstock laying around and figured I'd swap it out.

Got it today, and damn near had a stroke: It not only has a slant cut receiver (kinda like a VEPR) but it has also already been factory converted in the trigger area. Now, the conversion I can live with, although I really wanted a plain-jane unconverted one. But the slant cut receiver, well, I was badly disappointed (note to self: LOOK next time to see what he's ordering!). I also have AK stocks laying around but obviously there is an ugly triangle where the stock does not meet the receiver flush as well as the pistol grip overhanging the rear of the receiver.

I did not know that Saigas came with angled receivers nowadays or I would have specified to not order that one. I'm stuck with this POS now.

Sooooo.......does anyone make a receiver block to fill the gap?

I got an unconverted 22" Saiga-308 that I would trade you if you are interested. In is in excellent condition and I haven't done a thing to it. Email or PM me if you are interested.

I think the Ver.21 would make a great hunting rifle. It could also have a dual role as a designated marksman rifle set up. It would also make a decent patrol rifle for law enforcement.

Edited by yellowcarbon

The ver 21 is better than what you wanted to get. The factory trigger on the regular saiga s308 sucks. The Ace vepr block may fit the ver 21. Although the Vepr receiver is thicker, I think the internal dimensions are the same.

http://riflestocks.com/catalog/product_inf...products_id=302

akrbv.prod-120x96.jpg

VEPR3-120x96.jpg

Edited by headshot
I`ve got a converted .308 16" with US made walnut furniture I`ll trade ya.

43630003-3.jpg

43630007-5.jpg

43630005-3.jpg

43630008-3.jpg

43630009-3.jpg

The bipod and 20 round mag stay with me though.

e-mail me if interested scottbox1 at hotmail.com

Thanks for the offer but I found a guy on another board who has an old VEPR stock and I traded him a few odds-n-ends for it. I'll let you guys know how it fits when I get it.