Do you have the carbon fiber halo quad rail?

Im about to buy the halo rail but I dont know if I want the regular finish or the carbon fiber. Im leaning more towards the regular finish, but I cant rule out the carbon fiber until I see it actually on the saiga. If nobody has any pics Ill end up getting the regular one.

Also, whats the feedback on the halo? Any complaints? Pros cons? It sure is expensive for something that you just mount shite to, so wondering if its worth the money in your opinion.

Also, if anybody is looking to sell theirs I have a "want to buy" post in the appropriate sub-forum.

Edited by worldishis

Not really what you want, but I had to say...Wraithfaker makes a quadrail. As you would expect. It's bolted on. Does anyone know if they use loctite to hold there Shstuff together. I'd also say heres a link. I don't think so! Hah!

Edited by saiga12fan

LOL @ WM quad rail...

and it looks like something my little nephew cooked up on his erector set..lol.

IMO the Halo is very heavy, bulky, expensive, and it requires a lot of fitting to some Saigas.

On the plus side it's very sturdy and looks cool. The carbon fiber finish looks like snakeskin. I like it.

Mine came anodized gray but I had it painted black to match the gun when I sent it off to Tromix. I'll admit that I bought mine partly for the "cool factor" since my Saiga is mostly a fun range gun and I wanted to make it look evil so that anti gunners would cry when they saw it. I like the sights much better than factory, but it does add a lot of weight (which is not a big factor for me since I won't be lugging it anywhere but the range and it helps soak up recoil). They are pretty spendy, but I don't feel too bad about that since I've seen AR guys dish out twice as much for much flimsier rails.

Mine is the carbon composite variety. It's lighter than the aluminum one and has a cool reptile scale effect for the finish.

They're all aluminum, some just have a carbon fiber paintjob.

Here's mine:

IMG_1901.jpg

Edited by kahrak

Well it looks like Im gonna go ahead and order a new one...thanks guys for your feedback.

LOL @ WM quad rail...

and it looks like something my little nephew cooked up on his erector set..lol.

I hadnt seen it until you mentioned in in this thread. I mean that really looks shotty, I would be embarrassed to have that on my saiga.

Mine is the carbon composite variety. It's lighter than the aluminum one and has a cool reptile scale effect for the finish.

Damn that looks sweet.

Mine came anodized gray but I had it painted black to match the gun when I sent it off to Tromix. I'll admit that I bought mine partly for the "cool factor" since my Saiga is mostly a fun range gun and I wanted to make it look evil so that anti gunners would cry when they saw it. I like the sights much better than factory, but it does add a lot of weight (which is not a big factor for me since I won't be lugging it anywhere but the range and it helps soak up recoil). They are pretty spendy, but I don't feel too bad about that since I've seen AR guys dish out twice as much for much flimsier rails.

Same here, but I got a deal on a snakeskin one and refinished it solid black myself. It adds about 1.5 pounds over the stock plastic handguard, but I don't find it awkward. The built-in sights are just about as good as you can get without adding a front sight to the muzzle.

The Halo grip is the closest thing to 100% indestructible rails available for the Saiga. Yes it's heavy, but it does not move and you could probably beat things to death with it without affecting zero.

Last I heard they quit making them. They said they had no plans on producing any more unless they could sell enough of them to make a profit (100 or more). You best bet is to try to contact them or a distributor to see if the still have any sitting around.

Edited by Gun Fanatic
Last I heard they quit making them. They said they had no plans on producing any more unless they could sell enough of them to make a profit (100 or more). You best bet is to try to contact them or a distributor to see if the still have any sitting around.

Youre exactly right. They only had a few lying around and I was lucky enough to snag one.

:rolleyes:

Amazing how applying a fake finish makes it lighter.

Personally, I don't like the carbon finish, it's so poser-ish. I like mine solid black, with the norel finish just like tony made it:)