putting in bolt hold open?

Okay, when I took the trigger set apart at the beginning of the conversion the spring popped out of the bolt hold open device. I'm trying to figure out how that round spring is supposed to go back to get the bolt hold open device properly tensioned.

Any pic or drawing of how it's supposed to go back together??

Well, I said "screw it" That damn spring kept on popping back up when I was trying to push it down to slip it onto the pin. :cryss:

How do they get that on at the factory I wonder???

Anyways, my conversion is done except for the bullet guide and paint on the exposed part of the receiver. It was a bit sloppy like with the trigger guard, but that's all pretty much hidden.

I put a tapco SAW grip, a tapco side folder and a tapco G2 single hook trigger set into it. The trigger assembly definitely works.

The side folder is interesting, it makes the rifle come up differently from other AK stocks I've tried. I think this stock actually makes it much easier and faster to get right on the iron sights. It's pretty rigid in the "out" position. I really only got the folder to make the rifle easier to transport, not for firing.

Btw, this is the guy to get all your conversion parts from:

http://www.dpharms.com/

Edited by brian33x51

202817.jpg

To install, I pulled dental floss through the BHO opening in the receiver, threaded it through the loop in the spring, and back out the BHO opening. Then I pulled down really hard while pushing the trigger pin through the hole in the loop.

• 8 months later...

Bumpity Bump Bump!

Sorry, it took me until 12:30 in the morning to find this post.

Damn, I think this was the post with the really good cad drawing of the retainer spring and BHO linkage.

Did anybody happen to snatch that picture before it went away??

all I remember is the longer leg of the spring lays against the bottom "floor" of the reciever. There is some sort of notch on the BHO lever that the shorter leg sits in. Tension is applied to the spring (by pulling w/fishing line, or pushing down on spring w/a notched popcicle stick) to allow one of the reciever pins to go through the "eye" of the spring. Hope this helps.