New Saiga .223 Owner

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You gotta love that cheap Russian ammo.

My daughter went through abut 250 rounds of the stuff with "her" Saiga 223. The Monday after, she goes bragging to her homeroom teacher, who is ex-Army and works for Brigade Quatermaster part time (he's real cool about guns). Now he wants to go on a "field exercise" with it. It is a great gun for people who are recoil shy and a fun gun for anyone.

• 3 weeks later...

I am spreading the word to whoever will listen to go and buy these gems while they are still cheap. If you put it in perspective you can go out and buy a Mosin Nagant M44 for about 100 bucks in decent shape but you can get a Saiga rifle brand new for a little over 50 bucks more! There isnt a single rifle today that can match the bang for the buck that Saiga delivers. But you already know that.

• 2 weeks later...

Bulletstopper, I couldn't agree more. I picked up a 16" .223 last weekend for $215 plus tax, NIB. US PG conversion parts and EG mags have been ordered. It will more than likely be my primary .223. Took it out today and put 200 rounds through it. It was flawless!! I just wish I could put a flash hider on it.

It is really one of the best deals around.

K-var is used by AK USA for their parts I believe and on the Kvar website they have a front site with a threaded end on it to facilitate a compensator for AK-74's. I am assuming if you pressed off the saigas front site you could put one of these in its place and then you would be able to add your compensator. I am going to have to get one because the muzzle blast is very distracting through the scope. It lights up the entire field of view. I don't think you are allowed to have a barrel with a threaded end so a person might have to weld it on to make it permanent I think.

• 2 months later...

Just to let ya all know.... I talked to the gun shop that sold me my 223 today about ...stuff. He just ordered a replacement for the rifle That I got, and the wholesale price has gone up $75. The feds evidently are stopping all imports of any "military" rifle. This also includes the mosin, Sar, or anything that might have been in the military or look like it might have been in the militery.

I havent heard anything of the sort on any of the forums, and believe me, if the C&R guys hear of anything like that it will be all over the place within a day.

Sounds like Gunshop owner want a little extra profit from the lowly Russian imports ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...