vented my saiga

Just vented my handgrip the other day and decided to post a pic. you can see where i messed up and bumped the plastic with the dremel. Had to do it all by hand. Honestly, I thought it was pretty hard to get everything straight and I did mess up on the last hole, on the other side of the one that is showing a white line along the bottom of it. Not sure what that is showing up in the pic, there's nothing white in real life. Might be a flash reflection off the barrel or something I dunno. Anyway, figured this would do me until I was able to get a new galil style hg.

post-9003-1207858307_thumb.jpg

Looks good Hobo. It's not an easy job to do. I know, I tried it myself. It was a WECSOG job with a drill, round file and a flat file. It takes a while, don't it. I found that mine looks a bit better when you step back a few feet.gallery_4307_183_668100.jpg

The vents lookk good,..

and yes,..

what kind of stock is that???

I tried this recently on a 762x39. The results were OK, but I'll probably replace the HG in the future. Pogy, what kind of stock do you have there? I like it....
The vents lookk good,..

and yes,..

what kind of stock is that???

I tried this recently on a 762x39. The results were OK, but I'll probably replace the HG in the future. Pogy, what kind of stock do you have there? I like it....

It looks like a Choate Machine & Tool. They make a great stock! I had one just like that on my SKS for awhile. Well built, and very solid. A little on the heavy side though. At least the SKS version was. But, there's a lot more stock on an SKS, than there is on an AK.

Courtney

Choate's website

Looks good Hobo. It's not an easy job to do. I know, I tried it myself. It was a WECSOG job with a drill, round file and a flat file. It takes a while, don't it. I found that mine looks a bit better when you step back a few feet.

hehe, that's exactly how I did mine. it took a long while and was a PITA.