barrel walls question

hi all, i was talking to my dad about the saigas... and he told me that if the barrel are the same and only the caliber is different, the .223 would have a thicker barrel-wall than the 7.62 because the bullet is smaller, but i didn't know what to say because i don't know if they measure the same thickness from the outside...

so here's my question and an image (i draw it myself) soyou have an idea what am talking about.

is there a difference in thickness between the 223 and the 7.62 if you measure them from the outside? if so, which barrel is thicker? if not, which barrel have thicker walls?

(i think the .223 would be thicker. but that's just me)

post-8672-1208128647_thumb.jpg

that would make the .223 less flexible....right?

BTW can anyone show me the 2 front tips of .223 and 7.62 in a picture? i may buy one tomorrow (online) and i would like to see them... one more thing.. do they come with a threaded barrel to add a compensator?

on a side note: i have seen a lot of people talk about their Saiga "Y" stamp, so i look at my Romanian AK and it have that "Y" but it doesn't have dimples.... what is so important of the "Y" to you all?

Yeah i know... i ask too many questions...and i'm sorry for that, but i'm new to the AK family, and this place is a TON of useful help.

that would make the .223 less flexible....right? I would assume so.

BTW can anyone show me the 2 front tips of .223 and 7.62 in a picture? i may buy one tomorrow (online) and i would like to see them... one more thing.. do they come with a threaded barrel to add a compensator? No, Saiga's don't come threaded for muzzle devices. You can rent a threading tool from Dinzag though.

on a side note: i have seen a lot of people talk about their Saiga "Y" stamp, so i look at my Romanian AK and it have that "Y" but it doesn't have dimples.... what is so important of the "Y" to you all? The 3rd "Y" is where the auto-sear pin would go. It has no function in civilian AK's, but people like it for the authentic look.

Yeah i know... i ask too many questions...and i'm sorry for that, but i'm new to the AK family, and this place is a TON of useful help.