I just bought a scope that looked identical to that at walmart the other day... it was a 4-16 power, but looked exactly like that one. same flip up caps and everything... it wasn't a "leapers" it was a "Center point" or something like that... I thought it was a great little scope, looked good,. seemed to have nice clarity... even the turrets were self locking, so you could dial in, and then lock them to not turn... came with decent "Accushot" rings, too...

more like this one, but without the sunshade...

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/SCP100-5618...html?pcs=SCP100

I didn't like the way the whole inside of the tube "lit up" when you turned the illuminator on... even on the dimmest setting, the whole tube inside lights up and its kind of distracting... I couldn't see it as practical anyways... in a low light situation, it really didn't help the target image... it was always too bright.. not like the ones with an illuminated ETCHED reticle...

Also... what signed the death warrant... I couldn't zero it on my Ruger 10/22... not enough "UP" in the optic... at FULL adjustment "up", it was hitting 2" low at 50 yards... thats just crazy.... it should have more than enough UP... how would you shoot at longer ranges, where you need to factor in bullet drop!?!??! Thats a no-go for me...

Had I bothered to shim the scope it might have worked well for me... I didn't want to mess with that, so I took it back and got my 65 bucks back... I went to Gander Mountain and bought a Barska... 6-24 X 50 for 90 bucks instead... I have two of those already.. I KNOW they are decent for the price...

I am not saying the leapers will suffer any of the zeroing problems... but I would not be surprised to have it do the same thing with the illumination... as its probably made the exact same way... and quite possibly by the same Chinese optics company...

One thing is to make sure the crosshairs are fine enough for your uses... I have seen some cheap Chinese scopes with 4 MOA crosshairs on them, I own one...I bought a NC-Star scope for my SKS...it has SO WIDE of crosshairs, I couldnt use it ON AN SKS at 100 yards... Thats just FUCKED UP... at 100 yards they cover 4" of target!?!?!? WTF??!?!

This isn't a problem only with cheap scopes, though... oh no... I was looking at a $700.00 Nikon scope at Bass Pro the other day.. and it had at least 3 MOA crosshairs on it... I told the guy it was unacceptable in a 6-24 power scope, when the 3-9 Nikon had 1 MOA crosshairs on it... if nothing else, they should have been reversed... so keep crosshair size in mind too...

Other than that, it is probably a DECENT little scope for the money... Just be aware of its potential shortcomings, and whether those will effect your shooting or not...

:smoke: