Furniture decisions

If any of you guys have pictures, i'd be glad to see them.

I am thinking of getting this (romanian) wood set:

AKVFGSS.jpg

has anyone else used this? I'll also probably be getting a black tapco SAW PG.

if not that wood set, i'll get the tapco fixed standard type stock (black). and black polymer hand guards

what do you guys think? would the Romanian G stuff look goofy?

would it put me -1 US part? I could do a gas piston, I guess.

let me know what you think, and of course, pics are always great!

jon

I really like wood furniture myself but would never put a Romy set on my gun with that forward grip. Number one, it wouldn't be legal where I live, and number two, I just hate the way the thing looks.

yeah i'm wondering if it would look crappy.

i could always cut the verticle part off and sand/stain it to match and have an inexpensive wooden furniture set

i would say if you want a Romy...get a Romy. you have a genuine Russian firearm man! i would recommend getting the NATO buttstock length too...the Warsaw lengths are just TOO DAMN SMALL! its like its meant for a little kid or a midget to shoot. i promise you'll be much happier with a polymer stock set!

i would say if you want a Romy...get a Romy. you have a genuine Russian firearm man! i would recommend getting the NATO buttstock length too...the Warsaw lengths are just TOO DAMN SMALL! its like its meant for a little kid or a midget to shoot. i promise you'll be much happier with a polymer stock set!

hmmm how long is the nato stock compared to the warsaw?

I guess you guys are right.... it would probably be better to get some ironwood designs or something instead of romy furniture. US parts and i could custom do the color. plus its new.

this is my first saiga, so i will prob do the poly furniture in black....like you said, kinda hard to go wrong.

Im a sucker for the UTG 478 Quadrail set, since thus far it's got good reviews(so far works good with a stock gas tube, according to the post in a below thread). And looks good, that is if your going for a tactical look, and the price? 67.44 shipped from AIM surplus.... i can't wait to install it and turn some heads at the range with it...like i need to answer anymore questions ( every time i go, everyone asks me " what is that?")

I know Tantal has Russian stock sets,

http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/

but I'm not sure how much they are.

I've got a Romainian G kit build with that funky foregrip on it. To tell you the truth, its kind of a love/hate relationship. I love it because it has a great gripping surface, but I hate it because I can't use 40 round mags with it. Also, it is uglier than hell :D

I really like wood furniture myself but would never put a Romy set on my gun with that forward grip. Number one, it wouldn't be legal where I live, and number two, I just hate the way the thing looks.
I just hate the way the thing looks.

+1! I could never get used to the way those things look. But to each his own.

Fellas, I thought the same thing before I held one. These'll make a lightbulb go on in your head beaming pleasant feelings out when you hold one of these. I've even added VFGs to some other Kalashnikovs I have. Think about it this way: The same stance you use while holding one of the VFG'd guns is the same basic stance they teach in any martial art. Coincidence? I don't think so.

ak_625.JPG

Remember, your enemy doens't give a SH** what it looks like. If you want something to look pretty for the wall, I suggest you rethink your objective.

hmmm how long is the nato stock compared to the warsaw?

The NATO length is 1" longer than the Warsaw pact length. Edited by nalioth
Fellas, I thought the same thing before I held one. These'll make a lightbulb go on in your head beaming pleasant feelings out when you hold one of these. I've even added VFGs to some other Kalashnikovs I have. Think about it this way: The same stance you use while holding one of the VFG'd guns is the same basic stance they teach in any martial art. Coincidence? I don't think so.

ak_625.JPG

Remember, your enemy doens't give a SH** what it looks like. If you want something to look pretty for the wall, I suggest you rethink your objective.

No, I love VFG's.........just not the specific one in the OP :D . It has an odd look to it.

Yeah, looks of a firearm shouldn't mean anything, but they do, and I know I'm not alone on that one.

Nalioth, what is that buttstock? It looks like a good compromise between a standard AK style and straight line.

I somehow wheeled and dealed and ended up with a stock set from an .22 AK trainer. It wasn't a WASR .22 but some other model. It is 1/2" longer than Warsaw and 1/2" shorter than NATO.

I've still got the pistol grip and the handguards to it, but they aren't US made, so I couldn't use them on the WASR :(

Edited by nalioth