My all new VEPR 12

Well once again I post this here cause I think is the most proper place to do.

I have some pictures of the Molot VEPR 12 I bought yesterday.Take a look.

The box, Unopened.

post-3-011332800 1279288876_thumb.jpg

What you see when you first open the box.

post-3-044216900 1279288886_thumb.jpg

All the stuff included.

post-3-049887400 1279288897_thumb.jpg

post-3-027616900 1279288906_thumb.jpg

If anyone knows what these writing means let me know.Looks some kind of factory brand.

post-3-006751400 1279288915_thumb.jpg

The same logo on the pistol grip.The paper piece was in place to keep the S/N private.

post-3-000963000 1279288925_thumb.jpg

This is the folding buttstock but it is stuck somehow open due to law restrictions in Greece.

post-3-053457300 1279288933_thumb.jpg

This is a complete shot with Blackhawck sling and the tubular PK-01 red dot.Also you see a beautιful view of my kitchen :P

post-3-041438000 1279288943_thumb.jpg

Hit me with any questions, I would gladly take more specific pictures if required.

• Like 1

Nice.

:rolleyes:

Vyatskie Polya nu is the name of town were the factory is situated. "Molot" means machinery house in Russian.

The whole title of fabrik is Vyatskie Polyanu Molot.

May I ask from which specific gunshop you bought this ? If you like PM for this...

Please check and tell us about the quality. The latest models I've seen the last days are much better quality than the earliest.

Thks

Joe

I'm at a loss here. The train left, and I was on the thing.

What country are you in, and where'd you buy that baby, and how much did you pay?

Update:

Country: oh, duh, you're from Greece. How is that you can have quality toys like that in Greece and we, one of the most powerful countries in the world, can't get quality weapons unless we pay boo-koo bucks? Something is ass-backwards here...

On a side note, my great-grandparents were Greek-nationals, so it doesn't surprise me that Greece friggin' rocks.

Do you have to have any special permits or licenses in Greece to own one of those, or can any civilian own one?

DAMN, that's cool! :up:

Edited by Maniac Jack
Is that the 01 or 02 ( 26" barrel ), how much was it in your Country ??

Were getting then in the UK next month, a friend is importing them.

It comes in 52cm barrel which translates in 20.5".BTW I loved all of your replies thank you.Because of this tomorrow I'm about to post some pics with the gun stripped.Thank you all ppl :)

ManiacJack, I live in Greece, and thank god we import these babies for god knows how much more.I got it from the Importer, but you can buy it in local gunstores.It is kinda pricey but I couldn't resist myself, I payed a good 1,2000 Euros for it.But I can tell you that lots of ppl buy them cause they look so horny :) If you come along anytime, I can ensure you to have some fun with it.

Also for the fellas whining about WE get all the good stuff I think I don't have to remind you that we have major restrictions about ALL rifled guns, including handguns.If you want I can explain you the predictions of the law about this.

Edited by Phattonic

What country are you in, and where'd you buy that baby, and how much did you pay?

Update:

Country: oh, duh, you're from Greece. How is that you can have quality toys like that in Greece and we, one of the most powerful countries in the world, can't get quality weapons unless we pay boo-koo bucks? Something is ass-backwards here...

On a side note, my great-grandparents were Greek-nationals, so it doesn't surprise me that Greece friggin' rocks.

Do you have to have any special permits or licenses in Greece to own one of those, or can any civilian own one?

It's smoothbore, so for Greece is just a hunting shotgun, so you can own it like a civilian.However there are directions from the European Union about smoothbore guns with military/tactical look and use.In fact we have here an AK mechanism that is DE-modified to make it semi-auto and with some other differences from the total tactical models.I don't know exactly the direction, but I think it might say that if it can be modified easily, it shouldn't be imported.Dunno.

Now about the prices.Think about it.How much did you payed for your Saiga? I payed 500 warm Euros back in 2004 when I bought a .410.The Barnaul .410 slugs cost 8 euros for a box of 10.It cost 800 for a new S12.Do the calculations and see how much money is it in your currency.Also from the prices I saw recently, a Walther P99 goes like 600 Euros and a Beretta 92 can be found for 1200.In a country that the average salary is like 600 Euros, the thing is more than obvious.

What do you mean "Quality guns" ?I don't know about the guns people prefer in the States, but I'm pretty sure that USDM guns like Colt, S&W, Winchester, Browning and stuff like that are much cheaper than this side of the ocean, and also I believe they pretty much are "Quality guns".

Update:

It's smoothbore, so for Greece is just a hunting shotgun, so you can own it like a civilian.However there are directions from the European Union about smoothbore guns with military/tactical look and use.In fact we have here an AK mechanism that is DE-modified to make it semi-auto and with some other differences from the total tactical models.I don't know exactly the direction, but I think it might say that if it can be modified easily, it shouldn't be imported.Dunno.

Now about the prices.Think about it.How much did you payed for your Saiga? I payed 500 warm Euros back in 2004 when I bought a .410.The Barnaul .410 slugs cost 8 euros for a box of 10.It cost 800 for a new S12.Do the calculations and see how much money is it in your currency.Also from the prices I saw recently, a Walther P99 goes like 600 Euros and a Beretta 92 can be found for 1200.In a country that the average salary is like 600 Euros, the thing is more than obvious.

What do you mean "Quality guns" ?I don't know about the guns people prefer in the States, but I'm pretty sure that USDM guns like Colt, S&W, Winchester, Browning and stuff like that are much cheaper than this side of the ocean, and also I believe they pretty much are "Quality guns".

Hey thanks for the info, man. You are right. I don't know what I'm bitchin' about. I totally forgot about all of the gun manufacturers here in the 'States.

Well, I think you still have it a little better off. I get to live in a state where it rains constantly, and...well, you live in Greece. ^_^

Ok so here's the strip pictures I promised.

This is like an expanded view, note the upper cover is riveted to the body to maintain zeroing, note the ambidextrous safety lever, also the end of the bolt that fits into the piston is somehow different than Saigas.

This is the pressure and all the test/verification markings(picture a bit dizzy, soz)

post-3-055218600 1279290122_thumb.jpg

This is the hammer and internal parts, note at the front the part that helps keep the bolt back when the mag is empty.

post-3-066463200 1279290130_thumb.jpg

I don't know the proper name of this part in English I'd say is the head of the bolt.Note it is a 2 piece part, the front piece rotates, thing that don't happen in my .410, dunno if the Saiga 12's got it like that or it is one piece part.

post-3-025136800 1279290138_thumb.jpg

This is a closeup of the bolt end, note that it has a small cut dunno what is this for, and the piston itself has a hole that the end fits in.

post-3-088756500 1279290146_thumb.jpg

Several things I'd like to say about the gun.The basic differences from a Saiga is that it has a casing for the mag, 3 picatinnys, ambidextrous safety and double safety on the other side that helps turn it to the fire position with your index finger while holding the pistol grip, and an open bolt holder.It has a great finish and painting, much better than the Saigas low quality and the skeleton buttstock is full covered with rubber.The flash hider is kept in place with a pin, and it's not screwed to fit a choke.That is something that can be fixed, I will put a paradox choke.I also love the fact that it has the last 3 digits of the S/N stamped on every part that can come out.It has them on the bolt, on the smaller part of the bolt, even on the extractor! It has them on the gas tube, on the piston even on the back side of the rear sights is hand engraved.That gives a more special and unique style.Anyone knows the use of 4 holes in the handguard? It has 2 holes on each side...

I also wanted to ask about your law restrictions.You are allowed to have Saiga shotguns and rifles, you're allowed to own VEPR rifles, but not VEPR shotguns that are almost the same with Saigas? How come?I mean, in Greece you can't own any rifled gun because of their improved ability on distance and targeting that makes them more effective as firearms.And because the folding buttstock is illegal here, the factory made a mod and stuck it.I just don't get it, give me some light please :)

Thank you for sharing.

I particularly like the ambi selector and the improved Orthopedic grip. Also the hinged, railed top cover and removable gas tube with standard AK sights. The magwell and FH are nice too and will soon be available to us here in the states. I would like to get some of those Molot mags to go with mine.

The LRBHO is cool too, similar to mine in fact....

We can't have folding stocks or pistol grips on imported weapons here, that's why we can't import the Vepr 12. It would be ok if they would come out with a sproterized version with fixed stock like yours and no PG.

The bolt head does rotate on all my Saigas including my 410 which is a very early one.

The holes in the side of your HG look to be for attaching side rails.

Nice gun.

Let us know how she runs!

:super:

Damn Phatt, Your English's champ. Are you Greek? If so then Ευχαριστω.

Yes sir I am.Thanks I had 7 years of English lessons to get the First Certificate in English from Cambridge University and I have been to England twice. If I get what you mean. :)

Let me be the first to say that you are a sonofabitch asshole, and we all hate you!

:haha:

Just kidding!! That is one sweet gun! I like that refined piston system.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been sitting here ten minutes studying this shotgun. Damn near perfect.

It appears to have a small rail on the lower gas block. True?

The only improvement I could even suggest would be a magazine release extension.

Go forth and break that sucker in. If it can cycle low recoil target shells too then that would be a huge deal.

The only improvement I could even suggest would be a magazine release extension.

Go forth and break that sucker in. If it can cycle low recoil target shells too then that would be a huge deal.

It sure does cycle low ammo. I shoot through mine 22 and 26 grams ammo with no problem what soever. I am also from Greece and a newbie proud owner but I was busy shooting the last weeks and I missed this thread. OOOOOOHHHH I am so happy having it.....

PS Where can I get the mag release extension from??

See you all people

• 2 weeks later...

It comes in 52cm barrel which translates in 20.5".BTW I loved all of your replies thank you.Because of this tomorrow I'm about to post some pics with the gun stripped.Thank you all ppl :)

ManiacJack, I live in Greece, and thank god we import these babies for god knows how much more.I got it from the Importer, but you can buy it in local gunstores.It is kinda pricey but I couldn't resist myself, I payed a good 1,2000 Euros for it.But I can tell you that lots of ppl buy them cause they look so horny :) If you come along anytime, I can ensure you to have some fun with it.

Also for the fellas whining about WE get all the good stuff I think I don't have to remind you that we have major restrictions about ALL rifled guns, including handguns.If you want I can explain you the predictions of the law about this.

Phattonic,

How much do the magazines for the Saiga 12 and the Vepr 12 cost in Greece?

Phattonic,

How much do the magazines for the Saiga 12 and the Vepr 12 cost in Greece?

They cost 90 euros each that is 141.753 USD today.

An you can customize your SAIGA so much that becomes better than the VEPR.

I believe there will be a MOLOT factory in USA in no time also.

IPSC these are two very interesting statements. Can you elaborate?

• 2 years later...

It sure does cycle low ammo. I shoot through mine 22 and 26 grams ammo with no problem what soever. I am also from Greece and a newbie proud owner but I was busy shooting the last weeks and I missed this thread. OOOOOOHHHH I am so happy having it.....

Interesting. I also have a VEPR 12 and it works ok only with 12x70 50g magnum rounds..

With 36g rounds it kinda works (does failed ejects sometimes, perhaps once per three mags)

but with the cheap 25g rounds it fails every eject.. Can't even get the shell so much out to try to

eject it..

Could you measure the spring constant of the returning spring? Perhaps my spring is too stiff..

Sorry, this is quite old post. Would still love to get the spring constant!!