How man guys do Ak trigger guard?

I am thinking of doing a AK trigger guard on my S12. My latch is not held on with 4 rivets like my s7.62. SI would need to drill holes and hope the catch lines up right? Any of you guys done this? Where is a good place to find complete bulgarian trigger guards /Latch/and selector stop? I found some new guards with no latch hole drilled. I would think getting that spring in is a PAIN!

Thanks

Ralph

I am thinking of doing a AK trigger guard on my S12. My latch is not held on with 4 rivets like my s7.62. SI would need to drill holes and hope the catch lines up right? Any of you guys done this? Where is a good place to find complete bulgarian trigger guards /Latch/and selector stop? I found some new guards with no latch hole drilled. I would think getting that spring in is a PAIN!

Thanks

Ralph

You wouldn't need the latch, or spring. You just need a guard and selector stop. There are a couple pics on the site that show what it looks like. I know I posted one in the "lets see your s12" thread.

Here's the way I did mine. If I remember correctly though, like you, I was wanting to replace the original mag catch with a full AK TG / mag catch assembly, but that would have put the trigger guard itself a bit too far forward... :unsure:

Not sure why that is really, the S-20 and 410 both have a normal AK mag catch and you can just but the original TG up to them with the conversion. I think maybe you would need a longer trigger guard assembly for the S-12. I'll have to go look at that....

I went with the best of both worlds and made it like a combination of the AK and the 12-C (12-C or K only have two front rivets)

post-1293-1208528767_thumb.jpg

Here's the way I did mine. If I remember correctly though, like you, I was wanting to replace the original mag catch with a full AK TG / mag catch assembly, but that would have put the trigger guard itself a bit too far forward... :unsure:

Not sure why that is really, the S-20 and 410 both have a normal AK mag catch and you can just but the original TG up to them with the conversion. I think maybe you would need a longer trigger guard assembly for the S-12. I'll have to go look at that....

I went with the best of both worlds and made it like a combination of the AK and the 12-C (12-C or K only have two front rivets)

post-1293-1208528767_thumb.jpg

Looks great, if I may ask, how did you back the two front rivets under the mag release block?

Thanks,

ML Roak

I made mine from a AK trigger guard, just like sKott did. Mine looks exactly like his does. Just took a regular AK guard, cut it with a Dremel and filed it to shape and smoothness. This is how the original Saiga 12 shotgun's triggerguards were made. Here's a picture of an original Saiga 12:

post-869-1208567576_thumb.jpg

Hey nice to see ya AKATTACK. :smoke:

ML Roak I just drilled the front to rivet holes slightly undersized and put a taper on the end of the rivets, then drove them in. Just cosmetic really, the rear two hold it in place fine.