Hey there, new guy here. I've made a couple posts but thought I'd share so folks have a better idea of who I am when I post. Not new to guns or 223/556 by any means, I've built a couple AR's and use one of them for yotes quite a bit, and I carry one for Uncle Sam part time. I live in the CO mtns and do a lot of hunting, mostly elk. I'm interested in the Saigas because it's a nice inexpensive alternative for a throw around truck gun vs an expensive AR. I bought an underfolder AK for that job, but like the 223 Saiga for the commonality of chambering, especially those I've seen with the AR mag conversion. Looks like that conversion is on hold till someone pics up the slack and starts making the adapter again? Anyway, my local gun dealer has tried to talk me into a Saiga, wish I had listened cause they were a little cheaper, so I'll be going into town to see what he has or can get these days.

I really like some of the folders you guys have done up and I've been blowing off homework (engineering student :ded: ) to browse the accessory vendors. An AK op system with a folding stock and AR mags seems about as perfect as it gets, especially for the price. I'm building a new house and garage and I can see I need to make a space for Saiga work as I can see I'm going to "need" a 308 and 12 ga also, in addition to more than one 223 since I need one for every vehicle.

Recently I was a general contractor and built small vacation cabins off the grid that required me to design and install alternative energy systems. Before that I was a framing contractor of large custom homes in the ski resorts and before that I contracted probably every trade there is. I am a deisel anything fanatic and I was trained as a diesel generator mechanic in the Army before changing MOS to Inf. I also used to raise and train dogs for protection and police work and still dabble a little when I can. I could go on but dont want to bore anyone.

So, if you see me posting at least you have a better idea of who I am and what some of my background is.

I like the alternative energy systems background. When the zombies come we'll have electricity at night so we can pick them off with our arsenal of Saigas :killer:

Edited by engbob
What about structures below ground with alternative energy sources that can withstand a direct hit with a blu-82?

Not that I'm asking for any ...uh ... specific reason....

Some guy asked me to ask this question.

I would say google Atlas missile sight for sale. Seriously.

Hey there, new guy here. I've made a couple posts but thought I'd share so folks have a better idea of who I am when I post.

Guten Tag Falke66,

wie geht's Ihnen? Willkommen bei der Saiga Gruppe! Wie Ole Snuffy Smith sagte, "bis später".

Wir sprechen uns später,

alter knacker