M22x.75 tap

I'm working on a new muzzle break for my S-12 and am not having much luck finding a tap to cut the threads with (my poor old Southbend doesn't do Metric). Anybody got a good source for these beasties (WHY didn't they use M22x1, it would have saved me a lot of trouble).

Thanks,

ML Roak :D

I'm working on a new muzzle break for my S-12 and am not having much luck finding a tap to cut the threads with (my poor old Southbend doesn't do Metric). Anybody got a good source for these beasties (WHY didn't they use M22x1, it would have saved me a lot of trouble).

Thanks,

You can rent one from Dinzag http://dinzagarms.com/tools/tkr.html

Thanks,

You can rent one from Dinzag http://dinzagarms.com/tools/tkr.html

Those are just dies, if he is making his own muzzle brake, he is probably trying to make the threads on the inside of the brake, so he needs the tap. M22 x .75 tap is not going to be cheap. The few places I've ordered taps from, do not even carry that size.

• 5 years later...

I've thought about making one for my own use. It wouild entail making a threading blank out of the appropriate tool steel, after removing the hardness out of it. Thread it, mill the clearing grooves, and re-harden it. Something to that effect...

Edited by EWOKETEER

^yup, I got mine on ebay too. I think the best price was like 57 when I got it.

Edit: I actually bought and used mine just to clean out the threads in my gas block after I cerakoted it and some paint got in there. (doesnt dissolve with solvents) If you want it, I'll sell it to you for cheaper. PM me if youre interested.

Edited by Turbo.M777
  • 3 weeks later...