My pathetic ammo stash

I have slowly been buying a bit of ammo. Every time I stop in at Jim's gun shop, I'll buy a box of something.

I just got done counting my accumulation. While I had more than I thought, the total was pretty pathetic.

.223 - 350 rounds

7.63 - 160 rounds

.308 - 40 rounds

12ga - 20 shells

Ok, you can laugh at my miserable cache. It's ok, I know it pales in comparison to what you guys have. But still, I did start with zero at the beginning of the year. And, that .308 is a wallet drainer, wow. :dollar:

WJ

Edited by WarriorJudge
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Judge! That's a pretty good start. I actually spend most of my ammo funds on 7.62, 40 S&W, .380, and .22LR. The 7.62 and .22 i try to buy by the case. .22 is cheap, and my wife has two 22 pistols, so usually a thousand rounds will last her a while. the 40 S&W is for my Sig 229, and I usually shoot 300-500 rounds per week through that. It seems like the most expensive right now. 7.62 can be had for under $200 per case shipped.

Here is a link where you can just put in your zip code, select the type ammo you're looking for, and it will give you a list of deals, plus the shipping charges. You may want to consider a bulk purchase or two after awhile. It'll save funds in the long run.

http://gun-deals.com/ammo

Happy shooting!! :lol:

p.s.: that web site takes a while to load sometimes, but it will eventually

Edited by rangerdavid

9mm - 1200

.45 - 1000

.38 Spec/Spec+P - 700

.357 Mag - 200

.44 Mag - 250

.44 Special - 100

.22 S/L/LR - 7000 (2k are worthless, need to be disposed)

.22 Mag - 400

.308 Win - 1400

.223 Rem - 1500

.22 Hornet - 300

5.45x39mm - 1500

.30 Carbine - 400

.410 - 450

12ga - 500

20ga - 250

I probably left something out, but I'm only 23, so be impressed.

Thanks RangerDavid. Yes, I do need to start buying in bulk. Especially the .308. I asked the gun shop for some "good" .308 ammo and it was $2.00 per round!!!!! I think you can buy 50 caliber cheaper than that.

Twinsen, I am impressed. Particularly the .308 Winchester. You need to share that wealth with the old and feeble members of this board. LOL.

I just remembered what this young man told me in line in the check out lane Friday. I was picking up the LWRC and he was talking to me about it. He was buying a couple of boxes of 5.56. He proceeded to tell me that he and his buddies were going to buy a pallet of 5.56 which consisted of some number of rounds which I now cannot recall. However, this "buy" of ammo was going to cost the two of them $16,000.00. Now, either he is full of you know what or for a rather modestly dressed young man, he sure must be making some serious money somewhere.

Can a regular citizen even buy ammo by the pallet? That just does not sound right.

WJ

I just remembered what this young man told me in line in the check out lane Friday. I was picking up the LWRC and he was talking to me about it. He was buying a couple of boxes of 5.56. He proceeded to tell me that he and his buddies were going to buy a pallet of 5.56 which consisted of some number of rounds which I now cannot recall. However, this "buy" of ammo was going to cost the two of them $16,000.00. Now, either he is full of you know what or for a rather modestly dressed young man, he sure must be making some serious money somewhere.

Can a regular citizen even buy ammo by the pallet? That just does not sound right.

WJ

Ask him if he's been by lake city ammo lately.......

WJ

Yes you can buy a pallet of ammo... sometimes they will give you free freight on it too...

There was a 10,000 round order through and delivered to our work some years back.. a bunch of us chipped in for it...

WJ

Check this out:

http://gun-deals.com/deals/1262

BTW, that site is awesome.

Don't feel bad, you're going in the right direction. You have to start somewhere. Just remember to add a picture of your stash next time. :super:

I have slowly been buying a bit of ammo. Every time I stop in at Jim's gun shop, I'll buy a box of something.

I just got done counting my accumulation. While I had more than I thought, the total was pretty pathetic.

.223 - 350 rounds

7.63 - 160 rounds

.308 - 40 rounds

12ga - 20 shells

Ok, you can laugh at my miserable cache. It's ok, I know it pales in comparison to what you guys have. But still, I did start with zero at the beginning of the year. And, that .308 is a wallet drainer, wow. :dollar:

WJ

Don't feel bad, you're going in the right direction. You have to start somewhere. Just remember to add a picture of your stash next time. :super:

Yeah, Judge, please add photos. You know we're kinda "visual" people on here. Perhaps even a photo of a leggy blond in a bikini holding your ammo !!! Yeah, a photo would be good !!!! :eek:

Edited by rangerdavid

.223 - 350 rounds

7.63 - 160 rounds

.308 - 40 rounds

12ga - 20 shells

WJ

My advice? Get a good .22lr a pratice, practice, practice...

I used to have an account at Jim's... Hell - I worked on their indoor range in Fayette-Nam (On Yadkin)... Carolina firearms was another "haunt"...

Just get a reliable .22- 10/22 or clone, Save your centerfire ammo, and add where you can and get more mags and ammo when the situation allows...

Think 10-year drought.... :unsure:

Macbeau sends...

One of my senior officers once told me "you can never have too much ammo" :killer:

The same person also said "you can never have too many guns" :unsure:

I understand the ammo thing but not sure I buy his gun views.

I'm feeling better. I no longer feel inadequate, with a pathetic ammo stash. I am close now to thinking that my supply is just about adequate.

WJ.

• 2 weeks later...

my stash of Saiga specific reloads.

I would pick up the spent brass and boxes from my club and fill'em back up.

Don't feel too bad about not having ammo, one of my shooting buddies has about $4000 wrapped up in 4 guns and NEVER has any ammo.

post-4463-1210206974_thumb.jpg

Edited by BlackDog
  • 1 month later...

Hello

Well, I reckon that giving my three sons weapons with no "food" for 'em would be a cruel joke.

So, I've tried to re-adjust my ammo requirements for not only my lifetime, but theirs as well.

Call me pessimistic, but I see ammo becoming increasingly un-obtainable. I also see it as the Fascist's next "gun-control" strategy.

I bet 80%-90% of the Nation's firearms would be rendered impotent within a year or two if ammo sales were suddenly cut off.

I reckon you can only shoot so many guns, but "enough is never enough" when it comes to ammo.

Not to mention that it would be a virtual "currency" in a SHTF scenario.

JMHO....

guido2 in Houston

I never have ANY ammo on hand... maybe a couple rounds of this or that, if I dont blow them ALL off at the range when I go...

I think I may have a half a box of CCI stingers left... a round or two of birdshot for the shotgun...

When I want to go shoot, I swing by the gunshop and buy what I want... go shoot and never have to carry anything home!

It works...

:smoke:

I never have ANY ammo on hand... maybe a couple rounds of this or that, if I dont blow them ALL off at the range when I go...

I think I may have a half a box of CCI stingers left... a round or two of birdshot for the shotgun...

When I want to go shoot, I swing by the gunshop and buy what I want... go shoot and never have to carry anything home!

It works...

:smoke:

DOOD! WATZ? (What about the Zombies!!)