My pathetic ammo stash

I never have ANY ammo on hand... maybe a couple rounds of this or that, if I dont blow them ALL off at the range when I go...

I think I may have a half a box of CCI stingers left... a round or two of birdshot for the shotgun...

When I want to go shoot, I swing by the gunshop and buy what I want... go shoot and never have to carry anything home!

It works...

:smoke:

That's one way to limit how much you shoot when you go to the range. If I take a can of .308, I find myself shooting much more than I "need" to. I usually just load up all my mags and take one extra box of 40 rounds and try to not use it all up.

Acer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you gotta start somewhere, but I'd get going, if I were you. I used to think you could never have too many guns, but I'm not so sure on that now. I do still believe you can never have too much ammo.

I don't even know how much I have exactly. I know I got about 300-400 rds. of assorted 12ga., about 200-300 assorted 20ga., about 1000-1200 .223, about 900 .45 acp, 1500 9mm, 4000-5000 22lr, about 500 7.62x39, and approx 2500 .308.

I got other calibers, but I can't think of how much.

I got 1000 7.62x25 on the way now for a project gun I'm about to start.

I'm getting ready to load another 1000-2000 .223, and I'm waiting on 3000 .308 projectiles to load.

I ain't doing too bad, I got a friend who makes me look bad, though.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright dammit now you got me fired up and i'm going to get me camera. I'll be right back, you can never have enough ammo and try reloading. It's cheaper especially if your shooting 50 bmg. I don't like wal-mart but they can have cheaper ammo than your typical gun shop. :killer:

ok, i'm back with some photos of my gun room dungeon and stash :super: And yes i found it's cheaper to hit what you aim at other than "spray and pray" but not as much fun. Also a photo of my zombie killer should the problem arise.

post-9816-1215884455_thumb.jpg

you should always have a stash of ammo. the more the better. the price of ammo is only going to go up. i have heard some democrats are wanting to make bullets so expensive you CANT afford to shoot them rendering the guns almost useless. ontop of that engraving serial numbers on the rounds and linking your name to it when you purchase them.

you should always have a stash of ammo. the more the better. the price of ammo is only going to go up. i have heard some democrats are wanting to make bullets so expensive you CANT afford to shoot them rendering the guns almost useless. ontop of that engraving serial numbers on the rounds and linking your name to it when you purchase them.

I have NO ammo stash right now, I only have a box of .357, and I am feeling a little behind. I was hoping that ammo may go down due to less being use in the war and lower cost for metal. Unfortunately, I think your right, it will not go down in the foreseeable future. So I need to stock up on 9mm, 45 ACP, 7.62x39 and 12 gauge. How much am I looking at for a decent stash? How many rounds should I have and not shoot for practice?

Hey bigj, i would say to keep at least a 500-1000 of 7.62x39 and 300 of 12ga. Look into reloading it saved me a bunch.

Also if you look in the right places you can get 12ga and ak ammo cheap. I do a lot of my shopping on gun broker or AIM surplus on line. Good prices and decent shipping. We might all be able to justify 12ga, .45, 9mm maybe even .308 or .223 for humting but the "Democrats" are not going to believe 7.62x39 if for hunting being that they think it is all for ak47s or the saigas and raise the price through the roof or maybe even ban the ammo. Who knows. If we become an "Obama Land" who already made a statement that his ears are to big to be put on mount rushmore we gun owners are all in trouble. Can anyone say "police state" just ask the british what happened. :cryss:

Hey bigj, i would say to keep at least a 500-1000 of 7.62x39 and 300 of 12ga. Look into reloading it saved me a bunch.

Also if you look in the right places you can get 12ga and ak ammo cheap. I do a lot of my shopping on gun broker or AIM surplus on line. Good prices and decent shipping. We might all be able to justify 12ga, .45, 9mm maybe even .308 or .223 for humting but the "Democrats" are not going to believe 7.62x39 if for hunting being that they think it is all for ak47s or the saigas and raise the price through the roof or maybe even ban the ammo. Who knows. If we become an "Obama Land" who already made a statement that his ears are to big to be put on mount rushmore we gun owners are all in trouble. Can anyone say "police state" just ask the british what happened. :cryss:

Thank you for the reply, the problem is that I don't really have much room right now. How much room would I need to reload? I don't mind a little investment upfront as long as it saves me in the long run, of coarse, the better the equipment the longer I can use it. I might have to settle for less and just buy some wolf or spend the extra and buy brass rounds since I plan to reload later. Do you just sweep up your brass at the range? What is it with democrats and this whole hunting thing? I guess they were trying to lure the fudds over to their side. Sadly, it's probably been slightly successful. Divide and conquer.

Hey bigj, start up cost on reloading isn't bad. Lee has some kits for around $120.00 that has everything you need except the dies for the caliber your reloading and they run around $20-30. Yes i take all my brass from the range and alot of people will give you theirs that don't reload. Becareful with Wolf brand unless it's in a ak or saiga. I've seen it do funky things in an ar15 before. I shoot silver bear 308 in my cetme with no problems but won't shoot it in anything else. As far as space you just need a little corner in the garage or basement. Hope this helps, besides reloading can be a relaxing thing to do on a saturday afternoon away from the wife. (they won't go in the man room) ha ha :super:

Hey bigj, start up cost on reloading isn't bad. Lee has some kits for around $120.00 that has everything you need except the dies for the caliber your reloading and they run around $20-30. Yes i take all my brass from the range and alot of people will give you theirs that don't reload. Becareful with Wolf brand unless it's in a ak or saiga. I've seen it do funky things in an ar15 before. I shoot silver bear 308 in my cetme with no problems but won't shoot it in anything else. As far as space you just need a little corner in the garage or basement. Hope this helps, besides reloading can be a relaxing thing to do on a saturday afternoon away from the wife. (they won't go in the man room) ha ha :super:

Thanks for all your help. I guess I'll start looking into some good reloading equipment, I like buying once.

Fuck I didn't realize just how much ammunition I've accumulated...

Right now my stash includes:

7.62x51 NATO: 3000

.308 Commercial: 200

30-06: 192

.223: 900

12GA: 500-600

.410: 700

.45ACP: 600

.40S&W: 400

8x57JS: 2700

8mm Commercial: 60

7.62x54R: 3600

7.5x55: 140

7.62x39: 4500

.454 Casull: 80

.303 British: 140

7.62x25: 144

Total of 17600 give or take a few hundred. And now that I got my new plinker (PPSH41) Ill add about 5000 of 7.62x25 Tok while its cheap.

I dont have any .22LR....I shall fix this failure.

Edited by Genocide

I think you all are EVIL hoarders... WITH ARSENALS!!!!

The population is in trouble... because you have so much ammo that can just go out and kill people all by itself!!! YOU ARE DANGEROUS FELONS!!!!

You need to have all your ammo stripped away like good little sheeple...

so send it all to me... my address will be forthcoming via PM... I expect it *ALL* delivered by next weekend!!!! :lol:

:smoke:

What are your guys thoughts on buying expensive brass vs cheap once use stuff like wolf? For stocking up purposes is the once use stuff good or do you guys think you should invest in brass stuff? I will stay quiet on my stash but I will say I have thousands of dollars wrapped up so far. haha.

What are your guys thoughts on buying expensive brass vs cheap once use stuff like wolf? For stocking up purposes is the once use stuff good or do you guys think you should invest in brass stuff? I will stay quiet on my stash but I will say I have thousands of dollars wrapped up so far. haha.

The steel case stuff is cheap, initially, but once it's shot, it's shot. The brass is like a renewable resource. Hell, I bought 180 Lake City brass .308 cases at the gun show a couple of weeks ago for $20. I'm hoping to spend about $70 reloading them (I don't know if this is totally accurate, I figure ~$25 for 1000 primers, ~$30 for 200 bullets, and ~$15 for a pound of powder), so that will come out to less than $100, which I can keep reloading and shooting for a less than I can buy cheap steel case ammo for and shoot once.

For the record, I am also waiting for the price of reloading supplies to go up. I'm sure they already have, but I'm just getting into it, so I don't really know what to base "expensive" on.

That's what I'm afraid of too Dale. Don't feel like the Lone Ranger here with that kind of outlook.

My stash so far:

7.62: 2440

5.56: 1680

.40: 1550

9mm: 1900

12ga: 260

More on the way.

I only have these calibers though. I figure it's better to have plenty of what I shoot all the time rather than some that I shoot rarely. Since I now have 2 Steyrs (M40 and S40), a P-11 (and a PF-9 coming soon!), Mossberg 500, 7.62 Saiga, and I'm building my CMMG AR rifle soon.

I refuse to be taken advantage of, and will fight back if pressed, and will defend my home and my friends too.

Cheers!

Elvis Christ, if you're looking for cheap .308 bullets, try Pats reloading, he has a website www.patsreloading.com

He has 7.62x54R pulldowns that are 145 gr., resized to .308 from the original .310. They're $85 or $90 for 1000, or $80 per 1000 for 2000 or more. I got 3000 and they all fit in a flat rate box, $14 shipping.

Didn't make the mail dude too happy, though, LOL.

Elvis Christ, if you're looking for cheap .308 bullets, try Pats reloading, he has a website www.patsreloading.com

He has 7.62x54R pulldowns that are 145 gr., resized to .308 from the original .310. They're $85 or $90 for 1000, or $80 per 1000 for 2000 or more. I got 3000 and they all fit in a flat rate box, $14 shipping.

Didn't make the mail dude too happy, though, LOL.

Cool, I will check that out. That would be a hell of a way to keep a stockpile just for shooting. I don't hunt or anything, usually just shooting paper targets, so as far as I know, a heavier bullet wouldn't provide that much of an advantage for my application.