So what is the deal with a automatic rifle?

I was looking at the p90 by FN and it's a beuty.

I am going to be a police officer in 6 months or so.

Can law enforcement get those? or only as swat dept sell type deal is the availability of such gun.??

well, do they come in a civilian semi-auto form?

if not, than i don't think you can get one. you can apply for a class III on full auto's, but they have to have been made before 1984, and i'm faily certain that the p90 was made after that.

OK, police can get one with an official letter to a class II dealer. You as an individual you can not. Machine guns made before 1986 are fully transferable with taxes paid, but the P90 is too new. Oh, and there are no civilian versions, and even if there were, the barrel is obviously too short so they'd have to redesign it. Not to mention the ammo isn't popular because the regular round is armor piercing and nonimportable, leaving only hollow points as an option.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I don't know if any of you have heard about this since this posting, but I thought I'd go ahead and post it anyway!! Impact Guns is supposed to offer a semi-auto version in about a year. Go to this link to check it out:Impact Guns. At $1399.99, it's really not too bad of a deal. I'll have to have one! AKATTACK

Edited by AKATTACK

Yeah I have seen that. It worries me though because FN told our government that they would not make a civilian version, kinda like HK has done with their G36 and UMP. Now, some creative guys over here are going to do it...I can't think of anyway faster to get the 5.7x28rd banned, even in HP form. It would suck to own a Five-seveN should that happen.

• 3 weeks later...

I believe that picture on Impact Weapons website was only an indication of what it would look like. This same subject has been brought up on AK-47.net and a fellow member had some pictures of the actual guns from the SHOT show. I saved and reposted them here. I have GOT to have one of the FN-F2000s!!! They are supposed to be $1700.00. I like the FN P90, but it takes different mags and high-priced ammo. I have several ARs so I'm set up(mags and ammo) to step right into the F2000. AKATTACK

post-20-1107288519.jpg