What records are kept on customers

I'm curious what records Tromix keeps when they do a conversion on a customer supplied Saiga?

Does it equate to 'registration'? (entered into his FFL log?)

Can they keep no records upon request?

Curious.

Any firearm kept overnight under the contol of an FFL holder must be logged in. When it is returned to the customer after an overnight (or longer) stay, it must be logged out.

Any deviation can send the FFL holder to prison.

I'm curious what records Tromix keeps when they do a conversion on a customer supplied Saiga?

Does it equate to 'registration'? (entered into his FFL log?)

Can they keep no records upon request?

Curious.

Any firearm kept overnight under the contol of an FFL holder must be logged in. When it is returned to the customer after an overnight (or longer) stay, it must be logged out.

Any deviation can send the FFL holder to prison.

And if it's cut down to a SBS there is going to be a Form (2?) which is sent in to the feds when it's made into a SBS, more forms if it transfers between dealers, and eventually a form 4 when you get pick up your rebuilt toy. Any NFA stuff is definitely registered & traceable.

Actually, form 3 for Tony.

I think there are some NOID people in this world. I actually could care less that I must go through the paperwork to get a Tromix SBS.

To the OP, if you are that NOID about registration...do you buy all of your long guns via local forums and through newpapers? If not, you already have a paper trail, so why worry about the minor things?

Actually, form 3 for Tony.

I think there are some NOID people in this world. I actually could care less that I must go through the paperwork to get a Tromix SBS.

To the OP, if you are that NOID about registration...do you buy all of your long guns via local forums and through newpapers? If not, you already have a paper trail, so why worry about the minor things?

In general, isn't it a Form 2 when a C2 makes it, a form 3 when it's transferred to another SOT & a form 4 when it's transferred to a non-SOT? (Or a form 1 if a non-SOT makes it.)

Yep, Tony makes it on a Fm 2 registration. He then sends it out of state to a SOT on a Fm 3 (or he could use a Fm 4). Your instate SOT then transfers it to you on a Fm 4.

There are some exceptions, such as selling a SBS to a PD, etc. Otherwise the above is correct, Aubie.

Yep, Tony makes it on a Fm 2 registration. He then sends it out of state to a SOT on a Fm 3 (or he could use a Fm 4). Your instate SOT then transfers it to you on a Fm 4.

There are some exceptions, such as selling a SBS to a PD, etc. Otherwise the above is correct, Aubie.

He doesn't ship it directly to you?

Firearm manufacturers can return ship firearms directly to a person, after doing warrenty work.

Or would this not apply to standard length shotguns?

Well your prints are already all over the firearm where you have been pawing all over it prior to shipment.

Of course all correspondence, including payments, are processed for saliva DNA matches and the results submitted to a national database, or so I hear....

Combined with your name, address, record of original sale, phone number, and most likely credit card numbers, you are pretty well owned.

:rolleyes:

Well your prints are already all over the firearm where you have been pawing all over it prior to shipment.

Of course all correspondence, including payments, are processed for saliva DNA matches and the results submitted to a national database, or so I hear....

Combined with your name, address, record of original sale, phone number, and most likely credit card numbers, you are pretty well owned.

:rolleyes:

[Dale Dribble]I don't have any of those.[/Dale Dribble]

if they every do decide to take our weapons i dont think they will go through the mountain of paper work to find us i think they will just go door to door like katrina and search every1. there is so many weapons that are lost and dont have a paper trail that they would be chaseing alot of dead ends, of ppl who have been dead for years or ppl who sold it to someone they dont know the name of. it would be much easier stop the sales and to take the troops and just go city by city and go through and get all they can.