Howdy, Trying to locate a kalashnikov based 9x19 .........I see redjacket reference but no listings.....I know I saw these a while back somewhere..... of course some one will inevitably ask WHY so........... Bought a full auto m11 and a tac-ord/gemtech raptor a few years back, sold the m11 and bought a pos mp5, fixed it-sold it, have had uzi cb/feather at/mp5/etc etc etc and would love to find a 9 CARBINE that actually works reliably........just to be complicated I am looking for a stick mag version (no drum) If any one has sean anything on the market I would sure appreciate a heads up, Thanks

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i have been pondering this for sometime. i wanted to see if i can come up with an alternative to the typical bolt modifications. given i really handy with CAD, i have cycled thru a few iterations f

The mass of the bolt must be sufficent to provide time for the bullet to leave the barrel before the inertia of the bolt is overcome.

If everything works out, I hope to see these in the U.S. market also. A vendor and I has already spent a few thousands of dollars (the vendor more than I) to get a working concept weapon. I spent 4 mo

Posted Images

The OP didn't ask about an AKM in 9mm...

The 9mm Bison submachine gun.

513251836utiqhvfsdu4.jpg

A pair of home project built 9mm AKs. These use surplus Suomi magazines. This is most likely your best option for a 9mm Kalashnikov in the USA at this time.

9mmakge3.jpg

....and let's not forget the prototype 9mm krinkov type Kalashnikov just shown to us last year . . .

457131213944ik7vy0.jpg

Edited by nalioth

Israel Weapons Industries made a .30 cal rifle which was AK (or Galil) based for urban areas where a .223 round would overpenetrate. It used .30 Carbine magazines. That round wasn't much larger than a 9mm Luger round.

Ahhhhhh, So many projects and so little time. When I asked , it seemed more people were interested in the 45 ACP, than were interested in the 9mm. I'm keeping the Bizon in mind, but I have the 45 cal barrels in my desk already. . .The challenge seems to be using a Glock mag, but not getting into a patent infringement situation with Glock, ( I think I'd lose that fight)......~~VK~~ :smoke:

The IMI Magal is a .30 carbine varient

HCpookie is working on a 9x39

9x23 would make an interesting carbine too, that is a .38 super without the rim.

9x19 AKM = time + money + krink parts kit + someone that knows what they are doing = cool carbine.. LOL

I've posted before, if they offered the Knight as a 16" carbine here in the states I'd make sure I owned one.

Ahhhhhh, So many projects and so little time. When I asked , it seemed more people were interested in the 45 ACP, than were interested in the 9mm. I'm keeping the Bizon in mind, but I have the 45 cal barrels in my desk already. . .The challenge seems to be using a Glock mag, but not getting into a patent infringement situation with Glock, ( I think I'd lose that fight)......~~VK~~ :smoke:

If you're going that route, why not pick an inexpensive subgun mag? I know I like the idea of using mags I have, but I'd like it even more if I could buy high cap mags for $10 or $20 (or less) & have all I want cheap.

Edited by jhereg

This was another pretty slick home brew by a guy posting under Azhonkey. Used a quick change Uzi barrel and PPSH mags. FA could be a problem unless you have the required paper. This one was set up as a blow back semi in 9mm and 7.62x25. He's done a few, but this one was the cats ass in my book, The kit's for the Sumoi drums look like an interesting build too.

post-1866-1208911360_thumb.jpg

post-1866-1208911375_thumb.jpg

post-1866-1208911388_thumb.jpg

Edited by 6500rpm
  • Like 1

Thats a negative on the AR platform (not if I can help it)...........Are these fine examples displayed above all custom built? Nobody is trying to market them for retail? That krinkov looks about perfect.... even tho I have zero chance of acquiring a bison, does anyone here know if the drum is as noisy as my beloved 7.62 drums? 45 would be good but that would mean I still had an extra 9 suppressor and would have to buy yet another 45 suppressor witch would really be traumatic but I mean if your twisting my arm what choice do I have ........

Thats a negative on the AR platform (not if I can help it)...........Are these fine examples displayed above all custom built? Nobody is trying to market them for retail? That krinkov looks about perfect.... even tho I have zero chance of acquiring a bison, does anyone here know if the drum is as noisy as my beloved 7.62 drums? 45 would be good but that would mean I still had an extra 9 suppressor and would have to buy yet another 45 suppressor witch would really be traumatic but I mean if your twisting my arm what choice do I have ........

14011 Florida Blvd 102

Baton Rouge, LA 70819

Phone: (225) 448-3167

Fax: (225) 448-3169

Don't know if he has one but he has done AK for a long time and should be able to build damn near any thing if it is legal

Both good options in caliber.

• 2 weeks later...
This was another pretty slick home brew by a guy posting under Azhonkey. Used a quick change Uzi barrel and PPSH mags. FA could be a problem unless you have the required paper. This one was set up as a blow back semi in 9mm and 7.62x25. He's done a few, but this one was the cats ass in my book, The kit's for the Sumoi drums look like an interesting build too.

That's a nice conversion using PPSh magazines. With the price of ammo the 9mm Luger ammo is one of the least expensive and with a stronger recoil spring one could use the submachine gun ammo which is a lot hotter.

If you really want one, you're going to have to build it yourself. I'm in the middle of doing one now and it's a little more involved than riveting together an AK. Once she's done, it'll be worth it to me. Mine will be using the Suomi drums and I have a few coffin mags it'll be using as well. :super:

• 1 month later...

I have been thinking about this type of firearm for several years. What I know is the following:

1) Atlantic Firearms was thinking about manufacturing a 9mm AK but dropped the project because none of their prototypes were reliable.

2) Red Stick quoted me a price of $650 for a 9mm build. They said that it involved a lot more work than a typical AK build. Also, I would have find a reasonably priced 9mm barrel (probably an UZI semi) that was at least 16 inches long. I have all of the specialized mag well parts.

One probably has to build it yourself.

If you find a source please let me know - my 11th AK needs to be in 9mm

The OP didn't ask about an AKM in 9mm...

The 9mm Bison submachine gun.

513251836utiqhvfsdu4.jpg

A pair of home project built 9mm AKs. These use surplus Suomi magazines. This is most likely your best option for a 9mm Kalashnikov in the USA at this time.

9mmakge3.jpg

....and let's not forget the prototype 9mm krinkov type Kalashnikov just shown to us last year . . .

457131213944ik7vy0.jpg

Wow, those 9's with the Suomi drums are stellar. Would love that one with the sand furniture....

I'll bring it up with Will next weekend at the bash. Heading there with Redbear.

I would think he meant that's the labor cost.

~S

OK, that price being the labor sounds more likely. Post back after you talk to Will.

• 3 weeks later...
Guys: the $650 is just the labor cost. You still have to supply an AK kit, receiver, 9 mm barrel, AK74 bolt face, 922r complaiance parts, and special magwell. Something like $450 - $550 in parts.

Yep, it's still a bargain. How much does labor typically add to an s-12 build? I would imagine that the 9mm builds are a little more difficult. I would be interested if I had the extra dough, just for the hell of it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...