Let's see some .410 conversion pics!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not done yet. Waiting on the dinzag lower retainer and need to pick up a gas tube to butcher the upper retainers off of.  

Finished up my Saiga conversion this weekend. Pretty happy with the results and had a lot of fun doing it. Learned a lot about the weapon and would definitely take on the project again sometime (Maybe

Been stalking for awhile and thought i should start contributing. Here's my recently finished .410 build. Sorry for the crappy cel pics.  

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

heres mine. i have been kicking around changing the hand guard. but the more i use it the more i like the saiga hand guard. so i just added a a 3rd sling point and changed out the front swivel for a stud.

IMG_4647.jpg

IMG_4648.jpg

IMG_4651.jpg

Edited by for2nato

Here's my .410 I just got back from Troy at In Range. I liked the Arsenal SGL 41 guns, but wanted a few different things. I wanted a folding stock, I didn't want the muzzle attachment or the rifle sights. And I didn't want to lose the ability to adjust the gas. This one has an AK100 style folder, an MD Arms pistol grip, modified Tapco trigger group and a AK handguard retainer with a Russian style lower handguard. Troy put on the folding stock and the factory style trigger guard. He also refinished it. I put on the handguard retainer before I sent it to him, and someone locally welded up the left over holes from moving the trigger group forward. I wish it had the dimples in the mag well the way the SGL 41 guns do, but I have not seen that offered on any 410 guns but the Arsenal ones.

saig001.jpg

saig004.jpg

saig002.jpg

saig003.jpg

saig005.jpg

saig006.jpg

saig007.jpg

saig008.jpg

saig009.jpg

Here's my .410 I just got back from Troy at In Range....

Really nice. I like how yours is in-between -- you get the upside of the Saiga and the upside of the Arsenal mod, including the Saiga's bolt stop, which is not present on the SGL41 (not on mine, anyway). If you don't mind me asking, was the cost of the work comparable to the SGL41?

I actually like the front rifle sight for skeet, but you're not really missing much without the '74 muzzle attachment -- it's mainly decorative. Although, I gotta say that Arsenal did a really nice job with the muzzle attachment on the SGL41 -- you can remove the compensator, and still use any of the 410 chokes. There's even a barrel nut to cover the compensator's threading.

Here's my .410 I just got back from Troy at In Range....

Really nice. I like how yours is in-between -- you get the upside of the Saiga and the upside of the Arsenal mod, including the Saiga's bolt stop, which is not present on the SGL41 (not on mine, anyway). If you don't mind me asking, was the cost of the work comparable to the SGL41?

I actually like the front rifle sight for skeet, but you're not really missing much without the '74 muzzle attachment -- it's mainly decorative. Although, I gotta say that Arsenal did a really nice job with the muzzle attachment on the SGL41 -- you can remove the compensator, and still use any of the 410 chokes. There's even a barrel nut to cover the compensator's threading.

Yeah, with the work and the cost of the stock the cost was comparable to an SGL 41. Just need some factory 10 round mags now.

The Saiga 410 and Judge remind me of the Thompson SMG and 1911 or the cowboy single action 45 and lever action 45. The top rifle is a Masterpiece Arms 45ACP Carbine. So all together a 45 rifle, 410 shotgun, and a pistol that shoots both. :D

post-33660-0-86793300-1306422534_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's my SGL 41. The extras: Ironwood furniture, Hogue grip, XS Big Dot Express Sights, and 10 round mag.

NewWoodSGL41.jpg

Really nice wood an color. Which ironwood set is that? Did you do the stain yourself? How easy/hard was it to get the top handguard in place?

Here's my SGL 41. The extras: Ironwood furniture, Hogue grip, XS Big Dot Express Sights, and 10 round mag.

NewWoodSGL41.jpg

Really nice wood an color. Which ironwood set is that? Did you do the stain yourself? How easy/hard was it to get the top handguard in place?

I think the stock set was the Ironwood set that's for the Romanian, Egyptian etc. I bought it used for $50.00 at the OFASTS Full Auto Shoot this past summer. It was stained just a regular walnut color. I steel wooled most of the color out and stained it with Angelus leather dye in cordovan red color. That dye works really well on wood. Then I used a couple coats of satin wipe on poly finish followed by several coats of paste wax. The SGL comes from Arsenal with the AK style gas tube. The upper handguard fit right on. I usually just use a large crescent wrench to turn the gas tube while I hold the handguard.

black dog

whats the status with the muzzle break

NewWoodSGL41.jpg

I think the stock set was the Ironwood set that's for the Romanian, Egyptian etc. I bought it used for $50.00 at the OFASTS Full Auto Shoot this past summer. It was stained just a regular walnut color. I steel wooled most of the color out and stained it with Angelus leather dye in cordovan red color. That dye works really well on wood. Then I used a couple coats of satin wipe on poly finish followed by several coats of paste wax. The SGL comes from Arsenal with the AK style gas tube. The upper handguard fit right on. I usually just use a large crescent wrench to turn the gas tube while I hold the handguard.

It's part of the Arsenal package of the SGL 41. If you take the brake off it has the threads for the screw on chokes.

I don't think it works like an AK 74 brake should. The muzzle is too close to the end where the blast should hit the brake.

I think the only way it reduces recoil is by adding a little weight to the end of the barrel.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

just registered and just want to thank you guys for the inspiration. going to be buying A .410 not sure what route i'm going to go but now i know what my options are.

I've had a 410 for years now. Kept it stock. I've killed hogs,deer,coons,rabbits,squirrels, and dogs with it. I like Brennike slugs, Golden Bear slugs, any #4 buckshot, and the new Federal home defense shot. My wife has since taken a shine to it and I've moved on to the 62. It is a serious weapon for close range work, you will enjoy it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...