Let's see some .410 conversion pics!

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not done yet. Waiting on the dinzag lower retainer and need to pick up a gas tube to butcher the upper retainers off of.  

Finished up my Saiga conversion this weekend. Pretty happy with the results and had a lot of fun doing it. Learned a lot about the weapon and would definitely take on the project again sometime (Maybe

Been stalking for awhile and thought i should start contributing. Here's my recently finished .410 build. Sorry for the crappy cel pics.  

Posted Images

Here are some pictures of my 'in progress' conversion. Once I get everything together I'll definitely get a picture of it when it's finished.

ATI adjustable/folding stock

Hogue pistol grip

alumalite barrel shroud

Tromix modified G2 FCG

Tromix Bolt on Charging Handle

CSS trigger guard

UAG red dot/laser sight (hopefully it won't fall apart on the first shot)

factory 10 round magazine

I'm shipping everything off to have a profile/polish job done.

post-38987-0-18571000-1328914355.jpg

post-38987-0-49181700-1328914387.jpg

post-38987-0-00688600-1328914434.jpg

post-38987-0-19215400-1328915041.jpg

Here are some pictures of my .410

Still waiting on the internals from Pauly for this gun and 2 S12s, I'll get better pics posted once it's completely back together.

The shroud is homemade from a Ruger 10\22 Green Mountain barrel shroud, a bronze bushing, and the factory thread protector.

Jay at Fuglystick did the hand guard for me and was a pleasure to work with in getting it to match my shroud.

Cerakoted the guns this weekend in Tactical Black and Titanium Grey.

post-36086-0-61361000-1329262987_thumb.jpg

post-36086-0-60611900-1329263006_thumb.jpg

post-36086-0-24925900-1329263031_thumb.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are some pictures of my .410

Still waiting on the internals from Pauly for this gun and 2 S12s, I'll get better pics posted once it's completely back together.

The shroud is homemade from a Ruger 10\22 Green Mountain barrel shroud, a bronze bushing, and the factory thread protector.

Jay at Fuglystick did the hand guard for me and was a pleasure to work with in getting it to match my shroud.

Cerakoted the guns this weekend in Tactical Black and Titanium Grey.

Killer look!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finished up my Saiga conversion this weekend. Pretty happy with the results and had a lot of fun doing it. Learned a lot about the weapon and would definitely take on the project again sometime (Maybe a rifle?). There were some challenges along the way because things aren't always crystal clear with instruction and what not - even with the great videos out there. Still, it was nothing a little brain power couldn't figure out and I think next time, I could knock it out in 2-3 hours of uniterrupted work.

Ready to start

nd23xf.jpg

Stripped - so far, so good. True to the AK reputation, take down is very simple.

34eoy2s.jpg

Old FCG out - still no problems, except for releasing the hammer on my thumbnail

2h30ya9.jpg

trigger guard off and taped for painting - Getting the trigger guard off was a hassle. I drilled out from inside the receiver and if I had to do it again, I'd just grind from outside the trigger guard plate. It's not like you're going to re-use the plate so what does it matter and it's way easier. The receiver is not painted under the old plate so that was the next order of business.

2eeh0m0.jpg

painted - easy enough

qna7h3.jpg

new trigger - Attaching the bolt hold open spring was another bit of a pain. Once I got the knack of it, I can do it pretty easily.

34489zl.jpg

fcg installed - again, nothing big here. Spent some time stressing about the fcg retaining plate, but didn't need to. The safety also took a little muscle to get it past the new trigger sear but I got it.

10ne0t5.jpg

pistol grip installed and receiver tang removed - irreversible stuff taking the tang off, but the folding device demands it. The Dremel made short work of it.

vzvjir.jpg

back of receiver ground square - Again, using the dremel, just ground it down until it was square.

167kqyh.jpg

Internal Receiver block installed - Fit right in. All good.

25ujtxh.jpg

Ace push button folder - Stuff was moving along smoothly at this point.

ivjng1.jpg

Ace Skeleton Stock - screw here, screw there. Still easy stuff.

15xlpjp.jpg

Stock Folded

htu1sm.jpg

replacing gas plug and puck - Replaced the factory plug and puck with a V-plug and CSS puck for better recycling performance and gas control. Took a break once I took the old stuff out to give the whole gun a good clean and lube.

dgnipj.jpg

Tri rail - SGM Tactical Forearm tri-rail. Poly but I didn't want to shell out the bucks for aluminum. Solid enhough - it will do the job. It was a tight fit though. Took some smacks with the mallet to get it on.

2wdndvm.jpg

done - voila

10cvhnr.jpg

With magazine and light/laser - with full tacticool accoutrements

2heliep.jpg

Folded

35hfsbc.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been stalking for awhile and thought i should start contributing. Here's my recently finished .410 build. Sorry for the crappy cel pics.

410_2.jpg

410_1.jpg

Thats one crazy looking squirrel gun. Good job..

410_2.jpg

410_1.jpg

Thats one crazy looking squirrel gun. Good job..

Thanks, had a lotta fun putting this one together. A little challenging for my skills but very happy with the end result.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This isn't a conversion, but I did put some work into it. I had a tapco T6 stock on it but decided I wanted something I could take to the skeet range (stupid no pistol grip rule) I looked at the Iornwood designs sport stock sets but they are a little more than I wanted to put into the gun. A friend on another forum gave me the wood furniture off his s308. He had paited the forend black so I decided to sand it down to bare wood and try to do a russian red finish on it. I am definatly a novice wood worker, but I'm happy with the way it came out. The wood buttstock feels way better than the plastic one, it did add a little weight, but I think it will swing a little better now.

post-33660-0-93134500-1341773669_thumb.jpg

post-33660-0-33405200-1341773719_thumb.jpg

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My new toy..converted with tapco trigger group and billet trigger guard..I drilled out the factory forearm and added 2 rails..the barrle wasn't threaded so I added a clamp on muzzle break..and went with the ATI folding stock and scorpion grip.

post-45596-0-30242600-1354476891_thumb.jpg

post-45596-0-78623000-1354476892_thumb.jpg

post-45596-0-76024500-1354476894_thumb.jpg

post-45596-0-04903600-1354476917_thumb.jpg

This is my first Saiga ;it's 410

Two SMG 15 RD.mags,and one original russian 4rd mag.

Picatinny rail and vertical grip.Tactical light with pressure switch.

Side rail mount with Leapers red and green dot sight and Tapco foldig stock.

Polished bolt and trigger job with JTE performance Hammer Sprig

isma iPhone 050

isma iPhone 051

isma iphone 055

isma iPhone 049

Edited by isma
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...